Delta inks deal for major terminal move at LAX

This is great for everyone - you can actually get all the star alliance airlines over by UA and allow AA to get it's operation consolidated.  Good for DL and everyone else!

Good, 

now can we get some good news for our LAX TechOps friends........ 

Good to get DL into a single terminal, but the underlying issue doesn't seem to be addressed, which is more gates.

Best I can tell, LAWA is still hamstrung by the 2006 settlement with the surrounding communities that caps the airport at 153 gates, and any moves to ignore that agreement in 2020 or beyond is likely to revive the lawsuits that resulted in the cap.

eolesen said:
Good to get DL into a single terminal, but the underlying issue doesn't seem to be addressed, which is more gates.

Best I can tell, LAWA is still hamstrung by the 2006 settlement with the surrounding communities that caps the airport at 153 gates, and any moves to ignore that agreement in 2020 or beyond is likely to revive the lawsuits that resulted in the cap.
I agree with you E, 

but I will say DL is very happy to be under the same roof with AM/VA/VS and I bet AF/KL come back. (T2 is getting 1 380 gate) 

Also I think DL will enjoy having more flexibility with widebody gates. One issue they have now is they really only have three gates (2 in T5 1 in T6) that a 350/777 will fit at. (and the two gates on T5 basically closes the gates next the widebody gate when a 777/747 park there)

Oh btw, love your sig line. One of my favorite movies.