Delta reports record profit for Q4

Nope, didn't miss it (wasn't news to me, anyway); just pointing out the contradicting stance(s) in your posts.

You should tell that to everyone at the widget working day in/day out to convince us all otherwise; maybe it'll do some good.
Lol. Kev they love us so much, We mean so much to them etc. :rolleyes:

Maybe thats why they are opening Mexico. Butt rapping is employees its their way of saying "I love you" :lol:

Wt doesn't get it and never will. To him Delta can do no wrong. Now if the was bent over like we are then maybe he would get it. <_<

Lol. Kev they love us so much, We mean so much to them etc. :rolleyes:

Ha!

Sadly the theory they espouse is quite different from the one they use.

I can tell you I would be much happier if they just dispensed with all the happy talk. All it does is send a mixed message. People will say what they want about NW, but at least the bullsh*t factor was almost non existent. Here they tell you it's raining while pissing on your leg, and expect you to get excited about it. It's like a weird form of battered wife syndrome. I don't get it.

People who get money the DB plan maybe. Me? someone who gets nothing(or very very little) I don't give a rats ass about it tell you the truth. So quit telling me how lucky i am. I have a sub par 401K match, 1-2 less weeks of vacation than my peers, way to much out sourced work, less sick time, higher insurance, lower uniform pay etc.etc. But thank God Delta is paying that pension plan that i would see any of. My family will have a much better meal to night because of that. I will be able to tak off more to see my family because of that. When my family gets sick it will be ok because Delta pays its gosh darn pension plan it promised to tits employees. Good for me. :angry:
if you have no pension benefits, then how are you down 60%?
Regardless of whether or not you have pension benefits under DL's DB plans, no active DL employee has a compensation package that is worth 60% less than what they have ever received).
If you have no pension benefits under any of DL's DB plans, then you couldn't have possibly had your salary cut.
Even if you have "only a few" DB plan benefits, DL started hiking insurance premiums and taking away benefits long before it went into BK. DL's pension plans were frozen in 2005 so if you were hired in the 2000s, you are vested in those plans - and five years of pension benefits, while not enough to retire, is hardly inconsequential.
If you were hired after the dot.com bust or 9/11, then your expectations that your salary and benefits will ever return to what they were are seriously misplaced -and you have had more than enough industry examples to show you that no airline including DL has ever said they have any intentions of restoring pay or benefits to pre 2000 levels.
Unfortunately, you are too focused on your own personal losses that you can't possibly see anything decent - about anything.
Don't tell me that I believe DL can do no wrong - the simple fact is you couldn't give them credit for doing anything right if they came up and handed it to you on a silver platter.

And if it is that bad and you can't find anything pleasant about your job, then just leave - unless of course you know full well that you wouldn't be happy anywhere.
I mean, really, what does it say about you if you can't either be at least reasonably content with your life and the choices you make or have the courage to do what you need to do to make it better?

Delta is a third class airline with Added scabs from Northwest an Airline I would never fly period no matter the price...

Delta is a third class airline with Added scabs from Northwest an Airline I would never fly period no matter the price...
and this from someone who just told us a couple days ago that you were through with AA and this industry and you would be checking out and heading to the farm since you have accumulated enough resources that you don't need to work.
We get your disdain for DL since AA copied substantial portions of its reorganization plan from DL, including partially outsourcing maintenance while keeping some inhouse, going after more international flying, seeking about 1/3 of the annual value of its turnaround plan in revenue improvements (the same number originally proposed by DL)... except there are things that AA is doing that DL didn't - and the posts above should make clear what those are if they aren't self-evident.
And of course DL lifted significant portions of its restructuring plan from CO's about a decade earlier.... good companies and smart individuals learn from other people's mistakes and successes - and work to improve on them. If what DL learned from CO and what AA learned from CO and DL can make AA a long-term viable, stronger airline again, I for one am thrilled at the prospects for AA's turnaound.
One thing AA made clear - that perhaps DL didn't - was that AA people WILL NOT recover all that has been lost. The people who remain at AA will have significant upside from the new normal that will be established in BK. The bottom has been reached and the prospects for the future for AA people are now brighter than they have been for more than a decade. A shame it took so long to bottom out and that it took two bites of the apple, but the future for those who survive will be bright.
This might also be a good time for you and others to spend a little time reviewing the purposes of a public corporation. You will find that it doesn't revolve around you or any one person, or any group of people for that matter. And it revolves around employees only so far as the employees own the company -and up to this point, AA employees have not made an offer to buy AMR out of BK.
The corporation exists to return value to the shareholders - which in AA's case will largely be composed of those whom AMR could not pay or chose not to pay in full during BK.
As such, AA like every other publicly traded corporation, will make choices that do not maximize the desires or interests of particular individuals or even groups of individuals.
What is clear is that AA wants to be a successful profitable airline again, not unlike what DL has figured out how to do.
Like DL, AA will do its best to provide for the best interests of its employees - but its reason for existence does not exist on maximizing the interests of its employees as the primary concern.
Therefore, you need to make a choice whether you want to stick around AA and live under the terms of the "new normal" with the hope - but no guarantee - that there is an upside, but one that in any case will in no way restore to you what you have lost in this round of restructuring - let alone what you lost in 2003.
What is clear is that waiting 5-7 after the BK filing and the emergence from restructuring is way too long to wait to figure out that you don't like the terms of the deal and that you can't make ends meet under those terms.
You should have been developing a personal recovery plan of your own given that AMR's filing was not unexpected. The farm/ranch sounds like a great idea if you can swing it.
I wish you the best in whatever decision you choose to make.

if you have no pension benefits, then how are you down 60%?
Regardless of whether or not you have pension benefits under DL's DB plans, no active DL employee has a compensation package that is worth 60% less than what they have ever received).I do get a little bit of the DB plan, not enough to worry about or plan any kind of future around. When i was hired I was promised a DB plan........so thats a loss.
If you have no pension benefits under any of DL's DB plans, then you couldn't have possibly had your salary cut.
Even if you have "only a few" DB plan benefits, DL started hiking insurance premiums and taking away benefits long before it went into BK. DL's pension plans were frozen in 2005 so if you were hired in the 2000s, you are vested in those plans - and five years of pension benefits, while not enough to retire, is hardly inconsequential. I don't know how much it is, I could careless. 401K is what will make or break me. The DB plan will be a nice little added bonus
If you were hired after the dot.com bust or 9/11, then your expectations that your salary and benefits will ever return to what they were are seriously misplaced -and you have had more than enough industry examples to show you that no airline including DL has ever said they have any intentions of restoring pay or benefits to pre 2000 levels.
.that isn't what I'm asking for.....I want what my peers get. I wont get my DB back, fine. I want a better 401K match, more time off, and less insurance. I want bull s**t like Mexico shut down.(and the person who came up with that idea fired)
Unfortunately, you are too focused on your own personal losses that you can't possibly see anything decent - about anything.
Don't tell me that I believe DL can do no wrong - the simple fact is you couldn't give them credit for doing anything right if they came up and handed it to you on a silver platter.
lol. Typical WT. Because i see faults means "Im out to get Delta" and i should learn Delta can do no wrong.
And if it is that bad and you can't find anything pleasant about your job, then just leave - unless of course you know full well that you wouldn't be happy anywhere.
I mean, really, what does it say about you if you can't either be at least reasonably content with your life and the choices you make or have the courage to do what you need to do to make it better?
So basically i need to be happy with whatever Delta does or I need to leave......Richard is that you? Maybe its Tony? Again, I love Delta, I want Delta to make tons and tons of money, but when the money they make comes off my back, i want stuff back when we make 2B in 2 years. Good for Delta paying the pension plans. I am so friggin happy for them.....now its time to give more back. You are obviously on the outside looking in and you obviously believe mother Delta can do no wrong. Its kinda creepy.

and this from someone who just told us a couple days ago that you were through with AA and this industry and you would be checking out and heading to the farm since you have accumulated enough resources that you don't need to work.
We get your disdain for DL since AA copied substantial portions of its reorganization plan from DL, including partially outsourcing maintenance while keeping some inhouse, going after more international flying, seeking about 1/3 of the annual value of its turnaround plan in revenue improvements (the same number originally proposed by DL)... except there are things that AA is doing that DL didn't - and the posts above should make clear what those are if they aren't self-evident.
And of course DL lifted significant portions of its restructuring plan from CO's about a decade earlier.... good companies and smart individuals learn from other people's mistakes and successes - and work to improve on them. If what DL learned from CO and what AA learned from CO and DL can make AA a long-term viable, stronger airline again, I for one am thrilled at the prospects for AA's turnaound.
One thing AA made clear - that perhaps DL didn't - was that AA people WILL NOT recover all that has been lost. The people who remain at AA will have significant upside from the new normal that will be established in BK. The bottom has been reached and the prospects for the future for AA people are now brighter than they have been for more than a decade. A shame it took so long to bottom out and that it took two bites of the apple, but the future for those who survive will be bright.
This might also be a good time for you and others to spend a little time reviewing the purposes of a public corporation. You will find that it doesn't revolve around you or any one person, or any group of people for that matter. And it revolves around employees only so far as the employees own the company -and up to this point, AA employees have not made an offer to buy AMR out of BK.
The corporation exists to return value to the shareholders - which in AA's case will largely be composed of those whom AMR could not pay or chose not to pay in full during BK.
As such, AA like every other publicly traded corporation, will make choices that do not maximize the desires or interests of particular individuals or even groups of individuals.
What is clear is that AA wants to be a successful profitable airline again, not unlike what DL has figured out how to do.
Like DL, AA will do its best to provide for the best interests of its employees - but its reason for existence does not exist on maximizing the interests of its employees as the primary concern.
Therefore, you need to make a choice whether you want to stick around AA and live under the terms of the "new normal" with the hope - but no guarantee - that there is an upside, but one that in any case will in no way restore to you what you have lost in this round of restructuring - let alone what you lost in 2003.
What is clear is that waiting 5-7 after the BK filing and the emergence from restructuring is way too long to wait to figure out that you don't like the terms of the deal and that you can't make ends meet under those terms.
You should have been developing a personal recovery plan of your own given that AMR's filing was not unexpected. The farm/ranch sounds like a great idea if you can swing it.
I wish you the best in whatever decision you choose to make.
rolmfao. Yes nothing says we love you like cutting 4,500 people. :rolleyes:

wounder if the Dallas and Tampa guys are loving Delta right now. :angry:

Repeat after me.
"Companies do not exist as their first priority to make their employees happy. If they can keep people happy and make money, all the better."
Post that on your mirror and after 21 days you might begin to understand where you as an employee fit in the scope of it all.
Thus, DL did what it had to do - and really doesn't look back if it knew it was the right decision. If DL believed then and still believes that a smaller maintenance operation is what they needed, then the disdain of employees that were laid off is part of the price that had to be paid.
While you may not like how DL has chosen to spread your compensation, the means by which you could have had a chance to change some of those distributions would have been in representation elections. Whether you or anyone else likes me saying so, there have been a dozen or more representation elections held for non-pilot personnel and none of the largest groups have chosen to organize. If you or others think there is enough at stake to warrant another election, go for it. IT is precisely the threat of unionization that has required DL to keep its compensation updated - and that is exactly as it should be. If you can force them to give you a better deal, use your influence to convince others to join you.
But also understand that DL cannot terminate its pension plans now; it made the commitment to keep them frozen and it cannot go back and change that decision without another trip through BK - even though DL's funding requirements now are much larger than they previously thought they would be.
Understand also that if you were hired right before the 2000 period, you are a relative minority in the network carrier industry because very few people were hired between 9/11 and 2006-7 when some airlines started emerging and ended the layoffs that ravaged much of the industry for years. Thus, the vast majority of DL's employees as of BK were higher seniority than you and for them retaining the pension plans was a larger priority. Further, DL and NW wanted to avoid having the PBGC take a large share of the reorganized company which is what they did with UA and US and will do with AA; and the PBGC did get a chunk of DL just for the PMDL pilot plan.
No I am not Richard Anderson.
I am someone who believes that you should spend your life doing what you want to do with the people you want to be with (if any at all) and when those things quit happening you take it upon yourself to make whatever changes you need to make in order to allow you to do and have what you want.
Given that most of us spend 1/4 of our time at work, there is no reason to spend it with a company we can't respect or doing a job we can't stand to do.
If you were around before DL filed for BK (given that you have some pension benefits you obviously were), then you have had enough time to see what DL is and intends to be... and if you don't want to be a part of that, then you owe it to yourself to find something you do enjoy doing.... or if you can't leave, then figure out a way to find pleasure in what you do and the situation in which you have been planted.
We all have periods of life that aren't pleasant and we just grin and bear it and get through... but if you are stuck in that kind of situation for a long period of time, you need to take the initiative to make your life what you want it to be - irrespective of what you think someone or something else will do for you.
I do wish you the best in all you do. Truly. :)

...And there we have it.

After 1000's of words it's all distilled down to the boilerplate "if you don't like it, leave" mantra.

Who are you to say he's not content? What part of people wanting to stay to make things better doesn't compute with you, and why do you feel it's necessary to belittle him for having a different view? Does it make you feel better? This is the kind of tripe I expect from some of the clowns that frequent this site, not you. You know what's "courageous?" Having the temerity to dare point out that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. It takes *no* courage to tout the company line. None whatsoever.

Whether you or anyone else likes me saying so, there have been a dozen or more representation elections held for non-pilot personnel and none of the largest groups have chosen to organize.

Not yet...

No easy feat when a corporation controls the message, the distribution of the message, and wastes no effort in conditioning people/manufacturing opinion.

Repeat after me.
"Companies do not exist as their first priority to make their employees happy. If they can keep people happy and make money, all the better."
Post that on your mirror and after 21 days you might begin to understand where you as an employee fit in the scope of it all.
Thus, DL did what it had to do - and really doesn't look back if it knew it was the right decision. If DL believed then and still believes that a smaller maintenance operation is what they needed, then the disdain of employees that were laid off is part of the price that had to be paid.
.so pretty much, Delta is always right. That is why they went into BK yes?
While you may not like how DL has chosen to spread your compensation, the means by which you could have had a chance to change some of those distributions would have been in representation elections. Whether you or anyone else likes me saying so, there have been a dozen or more representation elections held for non-pilot personnel and none of the largest groups have chosen to organize. If you or others think there is enough at stake to warrant another election, go for it. IT is precisely the threat of unionization that has required DL to keep its compensation updated - and that is exactly as it should be. If you can force them to give you a better deal, use your influence to convince others to join you.
.See your not getting it. Its not as black and white as you make it out to be. I voted NO for the AMFA. Just because no one has voted in a union doesn't me that things are just peachy. Go back and look and you will see every vote the union gets closer and closer. Use to Delta treated us well enough that it was never close. Now the IAM and AFA get voted out by the skin of their teeth. Why do you think that is?
But also understand that DL cannot terminate its pension plans now; it made the commitment to keep them frozen and it cannot go back and change that decision without another trip through BK - even though DL's funding requirements now are much larger than they previously thought they would be.
again, don't care. As for the DB they can't really hurt me. It would be better (for me) if PBGC took them over as i would get more out of it.
Understand also that if you were hired right before the 2000 period, you are a relative minority in the network carrier industry because very few people were hired between 9/11 and 2006-7 when some airlines started emerging and ended the layoffs that ravaged much of the industry for years. Thus, the vast majority of DL's employees as of BK were higher seniority than you and for them retaining the pension plans was a larger priority. Further, DL and NW wanted to avoid having the PBGC take a large share of the reorganized company which is what they did with UA and US and will do with AA; and the PBGC did get a chunk of DL just for the PMDL pilot plan.
Delta didn't want to "avoid" it. Delta did the cheapest thing. The Pilots union got the company to move it to PBGC, we didn't have a choice. Delta did what it wanted. Oh and thanks for telling me about the lay-offs. Like I didn't know :rolleyes:
No I am not Richard Anderson. What about Tony?You sound more like him. "oh i love labor....wait are you questioning me? shut up and take it"
I am someone who believes that you should spend your life doing what you want to do with the people you want to be with (if any at all) and when those things quit happening you take it upon yourself to make whatever changes you need to make in order to allow you to do and have what you want. I will be. The next time we have a vote I will like vote YES if the union is worth a damn. Tell them i will keep letting people know Delta isn't as great as some make it out to be and i will keep telling management how unhappyI am with my QOL and the outsourcing Delta is doing that it shouldn't.
Given that most of us spend 1/4 of our time at work, there is no reason to spend it with a company we can't respect or doing a job we can't stand to do. love my job, its just time that i get back what was taken from me so Delta could make money
If you were around before DL filed for BK (given that you have some pension benefits you obviously were), then you have had enough time to see what DL is and intends to be... and if you don't want to be a part of that, then you owe it to yourself to find something you do enjoy doing.... or if you can't leave, then figure out a way to find pleasure in what you do and the situation in which you have been planted. yes because i should just piss my time away at Delta. why no work with my employee group to change Delta vs just leaving?
We all have periods of life that aren't pleasant and we just grin and bear it and get through... but if you are stuck in that kind of situation for a long period of time, you need to take the initiative to make your life what you want it to be - irrespective of what you think someone or something else will do for you.
I do wish you the best in all you do. Truly. :)

...And there we have it.

After 1000's of words it's all distilled down to the boilerplate "if you don't like it, leave" mantra.

Who are you to say he's not content? What part of people wanting to stay to make things better doesn't compute with you, and why do you feel it's necessary to belittle him for having a different view? Does it make you feel better? This is the kind of tripe I expect from some of the clowns that frequent this site, not you. You know what's "courageous?" Having the temerity to dare point out that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. It takes *no* courage to tout the company line. None whatsoever.

Not yet...

No easy feat when a corporation controls the message, the distribution of the message, and wastes no effort in conditioning people/manufacturing opinion.
and its not like, on our side, we have had a union with a great track record to vote for. AMFA I'll pass. TWU....yeah we will see if they can strike a deal with AA. I don't see that happening. IBT is a joke. IAM isn't what it was.

For Delta i think the best thing we can do is have a in-house union that has the goal of MRO growth along with zero outsourcing, better QOL but not cost so high that we start losing contracts. I don't think anyone wants to see Delta lose that 650M we made this year, but we also want to work on our planes, and live a better life.

No, No, a thousand times no.
I have never said that I expect you to paste on smiles and not comment on anything about which you don’t agree. Neither have I proposed an “everything is rosy in Deltaland” approach to life, even though some people seem to think that in the absence of the ability to dialogue on substantive issues, we’ll just call them a fanatic – a religious fanatic at that, proving instead that the real problem is those who can’t frame the problem, discuss it rationally w/ people who have different perspectives w/o taking personal offense at their differences, and then figure out how to live peaceably in a world where opposing viewpoints are the norm. But even though the number of commonalities FAR OUTWAYS the relatively few differences, some people see only barriers between them and others because they are fixated on differences – and what they DON’T HAVE vs. WHAT THEY DO, including what they have in common with other people.
Those who argue that I can say nothing wrong about DL miss the fact that what I laud DL for is exactly what they say they want to be and are becoming - my support for them is very connected with what they are and want to become, whether some like that reality or not.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with arguing that DL should do this or that to their compensation packages or the way they run their business…and I personally welcome those discussions. You can argue that a union kept jobs in city X during cutbacks or that they were able to negotiate a particular benefit for those who were laid off, as long as you also acknowledge that benefit came at the cost of something else, including possibly someone else’s job elsewhere. We all want to have a voice in the decisions that affect us and if believe you can have a greater voice in the decisions that affect you, take it. I have never advocated that you lay down and not fight for what matters to you.
But there is a point at which anyone should recognize that what they want does not fit it with the expectations and reality of the world around them. 5-7 years after DL’s BK filing and emergence from BK, it is very clear the business model that DL intends to pursue. And I can unequivocally tell you that it does include outsourcing of at least certain – if not major portions – of its maintenance operations. But unlike most of DL’s peers, DL also put in place a very robust insourcing program that does something to offset their outsourcing. Based on DOT and SEC data, DL gains insourcing revenue equal to about 25% of its total maintenance budget for its mainline fleet – meaning there are hundreds if not thousands of DL employees – including probably a disproportionate number of licensed AMTs – who are employed because DL has figured out how to do insourcing.
But it doesn’t change that DL has said they will outsource some work and that is exactly what they are doing. Expecting them to change or do something differently is significantly detached from reality.
DL employees have argued against the caps on vacation time for years – again w/ no success. I personally do not understand why it would be so difficult for them to restore it – even if it could only be used during certain very slow periods of the year when every airline is looking for people to take vacation. But for whatever reason they have not budged on the issue – and now that AA is doing the same thing, the chances of restoration are even more slim.
Yes, I understand that DL’s decision to freeze their pension plans doesn’t benefit some people – but unless you live in a vacuum isolated from society there will be decisions that benefit some people more than others. But what cannot be changed at this point is that DL made the decision to freeze and not terminate its DB plans (other than the pilots for whom both parties agreed the lump sum retirement provisions could not be removed or sufficient funding provided to sustain the fund). Like it or not, but DL did freeze its plans, the weak economy has forced interest rates to record low levels which requires DL to fund its frozen pension plans to the tune of more than $600 million per year or most recently more than 10% of DL’s entire salary and benefits expense for the entire company for the year. Put in a personal perspective, DL is spending on average 2-3 months worth of salary on pension benefits which no other peer is spending (even if AA doesn’t terminate its plans (highly unlikely), the chances are very high they won’t fund their pensions during BK anyway. DL IS keeping the commitment it made in an industry where no one else did during BK with respect to pensions.
While the industry wasn’t competitive enough at one time for companies to afford significantly above average compensation plans as DL once did, that is impossible to realistically do in this era. You need only look at AA to realize the snowball effect of uncompetitive costs – of which labor was part but not all of the problem. No sane company can intentionally commit to above average costs in any category –which is probably part of the reason why UA is happy to drag out the labor integration process knowing full well that with AA’s BK, UA will likely have to pay well above average labor rates in order to get UA and CO fully integrated.
And in the fact that AA in maintenance is expanding use of DL’s equivalent of Ready Reserves in ACS and it isn’t too hard to figure out that the number of licensed AMT’s as a percentage of total workers will decrease.
The question then becomes whether DL or any company will protect the jobs of its current employees while it continues to refine the business model, including reducing the ultimate percentage of full-time fully licensed employees.
Ending positions and ending jobs is not the same thing. Tell me that DL or any other company is not allowing people to move and then you have a far different situation than if positions are being eliminated but those people can move elsewhere to other positions.
No one in this day and age has the right to stick with the same job in the same location for life - doesn't even happen in countries that did that far more than what the US did at one time.
You can argue about it if you want, but there is more evidence to show that DL with its non-union non-pilot workforce has done a better job of protecting jobs in the largest employment categories than have its peers at heavily unionized airlines. The fact that DL Tech Ops will end up as the largest maintenance operation in the Americas after AA is through cutting shows that DL is indeed providing more employment opportunities for mechanics than any other US airline.
As for the comments about leaving, it is not at all about squashing dissention… it is about recognizing that at times all of us find ourselves in circumstances we don’t want and didn't ask for… obviously how long any of us stick it out is personal, but there is a priced that is paid for continuing to live as if we expect the other party to change to meet our expectations when it is quite apparent that our expectations are the ones that are out of line with the majority. When you throw in the enormous personal potential that is lost by continuing to push an agenda which can’t be achieved, then the tragedy is that some people don’t leave when they should in order to pursue something that is much more in line with what they expect.
Fight for what you can believe in? Absolutely. Speak out? Do it loudly. But also have the common sense to recognize that sometimes life doesn’t give any of us all we want – and sometimes everyone wins when we personally admit that we either need to figure out how to adapt to – and hopefully thrive in the situation in which we find ourselves - or leave.
I don’t you, Dawg, but I know there are some very intelligent and articulate people at DL – some of whom just don’t like the company or their job and who just hold on, gritting their teeth and enduring their job. What a horrible way to live – marking time unsatisfied but without the courage to make a change that might make your life more enjoyable. Please don't do that. Please - for your sake don't live that way. Please.
Maybe you go to work and do a great job and don’t say anything negative about DL or your superiors and work to your full potential – using only relatively anonymous internet chat forums as your place to vent. And if that is the case, then continue on. Perceptions of being content yet finding nothing positive to say while saying nothing positive speak deeply into what one really believes.
I have seen and managed people who had negative attitudes about their jobs and their company and rarely were those people able to contain their displeasure – with the reality that they were marginalized by their superiors, unable to work to their full potential, and often marginalized by their peers who often don’t want to risk their jobs siding with people who are perceived (rightly or wrongly) as troublemakers. Those are generalizations but it does say that dissension – even in society as a whole – is costly and those who choose to dissent for whatever reason have to weigh the benefits of consequences of their perceived actions. And Kev is right that DL’s culture is much more geared to conformity than at other places such as NW, which means that those who dissent stand out even more and put a whole more at risk. That is what it is ... recognize the environment, accept and adapt, or have the courage to move on - and know that DL really doesn't care if you don't like them as an ex-employee... esp. since some of those people didn't like them as a current employee.
I am all for people standing for convictions that matter to them –and they surely don’t have to be the same as mine. I also, and I don’t think you or Kev or others appreciate this, really want YOU as an individual to achieve everything you can possibly be. Far too many people live far below their potential because they won’t be honest about their own motives and fears, won’t honestly assess where what they want fits in with that of others, and don’t have the courage to make the changes that are necessary to get what they want.
If DL or anyplace else can’t deliver what you want and doesn’t permit you to be what you want to be, then figure out how to make change happen - either inside or outside of that organization.
The world - and all of its subparts - is best served when people become all they can be, pursuing the causes that matter to them – and leaving behind things that really don’t matter or which can’t be changed.

Back