Democracy In Action

Perfect! You just explained the harsh cold reality Bob. You get it! I knew you had it in you! You and the negotiating team are taking on BK judges, investors, the economy, unfavorable government legislation, and the global low wage work force.

YOU are the problem! You and your still as of yet unreachable goals have failed the membership.

In 2008 the TWU team said the extension is weak we can get better. (Potential value of $10,000 per member plus enhancements like getting back VC, some holidays, and full SK pay) The extension would have been up for negotiations in 2010. Hey that was last year.

In 2010 the TWU got another deal worth similar value and enhancements and you told us to vote it down. You could get better. (Potential value of $10,000 per member plus enhancements similar to the 2008 deal but some not so good changes to pension and retiree medical) I thought we would get a better deal according to you and your supporters? What happened?

Now you and your supporters advocate release which means we can do self help. Well so can AA and with all that powerful backing - BK judges, legislators, and investors - I am sure we will kick AA management's butts.

Better position? Yeah sure. Strike! Let's do that. We are with you General Custer!
If you like I could make up an alias and speak of myself in the third person as well Don.

The new officers did not stop the bleeding? Major arbitration cases hit them hard. Representing your members costs money. Mike Hatfield had to make some tough choices and deserves most of the credit.
That is what is great about LM2's being online. Going back to 2000 to verify Ken and your claims, a total of $85,080 was spent on arbitrations. Of this, $56,635 was spent before there last election, and $28,445 in the 3 reports since. So Ken has a good point here, and your arbitration claim is not true. The previous officers spent $7079 a year on arbitration costs, and the newer crowd is spending $9481 a year on arbitration, but yet is still putting away a lot more money, that is even more impressive. This makes me want to look more closely at the books over here.

Well, take a look at some of the pics on Phat Don's Agape Ministries website. Some of the 565 membership might recognize OUR union hall being used to hold a meeting for this organization. Who is footing the bill for this? Paying for the food etc.? How is that new car working for you Overspeed? You are a scam artist, and a hypocrite. Like I said before, what comes around, goes around. Right now, you're about as popular as Casey Anthony.

Quick link to pics: http://www.agapemensministryoftexas.org/photos-breakfast.htm

Well, take a look at some of the pics on Phat Don's Agape Ministries website. Some of the 565 membership might recognize OUR union hall being used to hold a meeting for this organization. Who is footing the bill for this? Paying for the food etc.? How is that new car working for you Overspeed? You are a scam artist, and a hypocrite. Like I said before, what comes around, goes around. Right now, you're about as popular as Casey Anthony.

Quick link to pics: http://www.agapemensministryoftexas.org/photos-breakfast.htm

"Will they have Mogan David in Heaven ...."
Gatlin Brothers.

I would hope you guys feel the same about Dons hand picked puppets he has running. The only votes they should get are there own.

I will not be surprised at the idiots that will vote for KS and MB. Those idiots gave away the farm on their last run, the company was not made accountable for anything, they got hgr 5 for nothing. They gave the company everything they wanted and the company just kept screwing the membership. Now they want back in there? Please.. Mechanics are stupid and they'll vote for idiots like Stewart and Brown, you watch.

<_< ----- No Overspeed! Bob's not the problem!------- You, the membership are!!! ------- You sit on your fat backsides and do nothing to support your negotiating committee! You expect them to hand you a TA on a silver platter, yet I don't hear, or see, of any membership's "displeasure" with AA's stalling tactics throughout the system! ------- That's why I stated I don't feel you have the "stomach" for it !!!!

MCI,

You are correct. However overspeed is not a dues paying member.

" Better position? Yeah sure. Strike! Let's do that. We are with you General Custer!"

Wow, speedy. Your sarcasm is a nice indication of how much you are willing to accept ANYTHING the company offers. You point out what the company offered in the past but you, like a true int. officer, did not give the full offer. You know the concessions that were tied to the previous offers.

Bob and the other Presidents that possess a spine said to vote no because the trade off for 30 pieces of silver were not worth the harm the concessions would bring not only to us at AA but to our craft industrywide.

Keep posting though. Your pro union/company defense might make the union keep you on after AMP removes them. Then again...

I will not be surprised at the idiots that will vote for KS and MB. Those idiots gave away the farm on their last run, the company was not made accountable for anything, they got hgr 5 for nothing. They gave the company everything they wanted and the company just kept screwing the membership. Now they want back in there? Please.. Mechanics are stupid and they'll vote for idiots like Stewart and Brown, you watch.

DC,

I think that the 565 Membership has seen the difference in the previous officers and those in office. (At least zimmerman isn't running again. he did a good job up till he flipped and voted yes to bring back the BS t/a.) The bleeding was stopped and we spent money only on issues worth spending money on. The Financial Report will bare the fact of how much we spent. If people are concerned about spending ask how much the E-Board Members spent while in office.

Perfect! You just explained the harsh cold reality Bob. You get it! I knew you had it in you! You and the negotiating team are taking on BK judges, investors, the economy, unfavorable government legislation, and the global low wage work force.

YOU are the problem! You and your still as of yet unreachable goals have failed the membership.

<snip>

Better position? Yeah sure. Strike! Let's do that. We are with you General Custer!

While I'm not an AA employee or union supporter, I respect Bob's transparency and openness with the membership. He's always available to answer questions and express unpopular views at times. It was thoughtful of him to take the time to produce the videos for the tentative agreement addressing them line by line. Since Bob is negotiating on behalf of the membership I can understand why he wants to make the best deal possible for the membership. However the best deal doesn't necessarily mean "restore and more" since the 2003 RPA-it needs to recognize the realities AA is facing today and allow the company to compete effectively and profitably.

Josh

<_< ------- Well Overspeed!------- The charade is over! It looks like these people have got you nailed!!!------ Might as well stay home and watch it unfold. Besides, these folks actually got the nerve to ask "embarrassing" questions! :lol:

While I'm not an AA employee or union supporter, I respect Bob's transparency and openness with the membership. He's always available to answer questions and express unpopular views at times. It was thoughtful of him to take the time to produce the videos for the tentative agreement addressing them line by line. Since Bob is negotiating on behalf of the membership I can understand why he wants to make the best deal possible for the membership. However the best deal doesn't necessarily mean "restore and more" since the 2003 RPA-it needs to recognize the realities AA is facing today and allow the company to compete effectively and profitably.

Josh
<_< ------ I agree with that statement, but that being said, the problem lays in the balancing of that need with the needs of the Membership! And AA's unwillingness to even negotiate in good fath!!!

What? I love how weak people like you attack the person and not the arguments. Weak.

I own my own car and like most of the American pubic, you don't understand the legal system. She was accused and the prosecutor did not make a good enough case. How many times does the union get members discipline reduced or overturned because the company did not prove their case even though fellow members know they deserve it? Tons!

Grow up. Just because you have no desire to help out the less fortunate why try to displace the guilt you carry due to your individualistic mentality on others? YOU are the problem with unions. You only worry about if others got a better deal than you. IGM'er through and through.

Scam artist? Hypocrite? Look in the mirror and you will see that person starring back at you.

<_< ----- No Overspeed! Bob's not the problem!------- You, the membership are!!! ------- You sit on your fat backsides and do nothing to support your negotiating committee! You expect them to hand you a TA on a silver platter, yet I don't hear, or see, of any membership's "displeasure" with AA's stalling tactics throughout the system! ------- That's why I stated I don't feel you have the "stomach" for it !!!!

We agree to disagree then. AA's not stalling, they know the system and are working it to their advantage. Bob and his people like him get played over and over again.

We would all be up $25,000 plus and the TWU would be negotiating the rest of the concession back. I don't expect a TA on a silver platter. I know it will take a while and we could have had a good percentage of the concessions back already. The money to pay our mortgage payments is not changing and the increased cost or food and gas is eating in to our net pay.

So is Bob and his support group the problem with not making our mortgage payments? Yes! Absolutely, even if he can get us full retro (not likely) more people will lose their houses. Can Bob write me a letter to the bank saying that don't foreclose on the house, Bob Owens will guaranty the retro check will bring him current?

Do I have the stomach for it? If it is a realistic strategy. Bob is wrong and can't deliver.

We agree to disagree then. AA's not stalling, they know the system and are working it to their advantage. Bob and his people like him get played over and over again.

We would all be up $25,000 plus and the TWU would be negotiating the rest of the concession back. I don't expect a TA on a silver platter. I know it will take a while and we could have had a good percentage of the concessions back already. The money to pay our mortgage payments is not changing and the increased cost or food and gas is eating in to our net pay.

So is Bob and his support group the problem with not making our mortgage payments? Yes! Absolutely, even if he can get us full retro (not likely) more people will lose their houses. Can Bob write me a letter to the bank saying that don't foreclose on the house, Bob Owens will guaranty the retro check will bring him current?

Do I have the stomach for it? If it is a realistic strategy. Bob is wrong and can't deliver.
<_< -----Overspeed? How do you spell : "A" "M" P" ???? B)

Back