DL Plane Cargo Bay Fire

metopower said:
Sounds like they did a great job. Wish they had not deployed the slides but that is a call I hope I never have to make. In my book to error on the side if safety is an atta boy. And that is exactly how DL looks at it.
One big reason i'm not a pilot is cause I don't want to make those calls (errr most of the time, sometimes the FAs go ahead......or PAX like in PNS) 

*oh and that sleeping in my bed at night thing has a little bit to do with it. 

Absolutely not.  The article contained the sentence we all want to see in connection with an evacuation..."Authorities state there were no injuries among the 160 passengers and crew."  Kudos to DL crew for an evacuation done the way they are supposed to be done--quickly, efficiently, and safely.

P.S.  Did anyone see any passengers running around the tarmac carrying their roll-a-boards?  I didn't.  Good for the passengers!

whether Kev thinks it is off topic or not, can you tell us what verbiage AA FAs give to pax regarding personal items in an evacuation?

I'd be interested in hearing the same thing from a DL FA and any others that can weigh in.

it should be standard procedure in any emergency evac  all pax should be or are to be required to leave all personal belongings on the plane and get out alive and safely  lives are more important than personal items which can be replaced      kudos to the DL crew

I agree.... I noted what jim did that there wasn't luggage on the tarmac - at least not visible.

Not sure if that was because of any efforts by the FAs or just happened to work out that way.

Since I haven't been in an evacuation, I'd like to hear what FAs at various carriers actually say....

WorldTraveler said:
whether Kev thinks it is off topic or not, can you tell us what verbiage AA FAs give to pax regarding personal items in an evacuation?

I'd be interested in hearing the same thing from a DL FA and any others that can weigh in.
What does this have to do with AA?

You will never post nor agree with anything that makes DL look bad.

Go get some help.

Reactions: 1 person
because jim says he is an FA and says he works for AA.

I said that ANY FA could answer the question.

You are so afraid that someone might contribute something that you can't control that you turn rabid.

jim made a valid observation.

let's hear his and other's responses.

Posting internal AA information on the web is not allowed.

Trying to get Jim in trouble like you have tried with Dawg and Kevin?

given that announcements are made to passengers, it isn't internal as soon as it is shared with the public.

I suppose the boarding announcements are internal to you as well?

we're not talking about the procedures to sign into the crew bid system or other information which will never be known by passengers.

If Jim has never been in an emergency evacuation and has never witnessed one, fine. He is more than capable of speaking up for himself.

Evacuation procedures ARE NOT given on flights unless there is a need too.

Jim has been trained on evacuation procedures and has to do an evacuation do be allowed to be current when he flies.

But you havent.

we get that

and once they are done, every passenger who was onboard knows what happened.

it is NOT confidential information.

quit arguing and go get a contract for the AA/US people that the IAM is getting good money to represent and let Jim and other FAs speak up for themselves.

I have never been involved in an evacuation.  Thank you to the stars above.  However, each year at our requalification sessions (and all f/as at all airlines in the U.S. must be re-qualified each year) we have to prove we know all of the evacuation commands for every a/c on which we are qualified word for word exactly as written in the manual.  We have to demonstrate that we know how to open a door on every a/c on which we are qualified in the "armed" mode--armed meaning that when the door is opened the slide will deploy.

Each airline develops its own evacuation commands because the configuration of a B737 at AA may very well be different (probably is) from a B737 at WN or DL.  However, the FAA must approve the commands as getting the job done.  I am willing to go out on a limb and say that every airline has some evacuation command that imparts the thought that you are to come to the evacuation door empty-handed.  "Don't take anything with you."  "Leave Everything" or some such.  Every airline has procedures for dealing with passengers who fail to follow those instructions.

I am also willing to go out on a limb and hazard a guess that the FAA requires such a command of every airline.  The dangers of puncturing the inflated slide with a piece of luggage--particularly wheeled luggage--are obvious.  Once punctured, the slide is useless.

Let me say that it is my fondest wish that the day I retire from AA I shall be able to say, "You know.  All those drills--evacuation, first aid, CPR--we had to do at requalification each year were a total waste of time.  I never needed any of that stuff."  :lol:

Reactions: 3 people
townpete said:

There's that ever present sarcasm and negativity we've become so used to. 

When something bad happens, break out the pom poms....

When something positive, meh....

Dear GOD, DL employees, fans etc.
DON'T EVER equate Anything that the above IDIOT posts, and think it's indicative of AA.  Please DON'T  !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Reactions: 1 person
jimntx said:
I have never been involved in an evacuation.  Thank you to the stars above.  However, each year at our requalification sessions (and all f/as at all airlines in the U.S. must be re-qualified each year) we have to prove we know all of the evacuation commands for every a/c on which we are qualified word for word exactly as written in the manual.  We have to demonstrate that we know how to open a door on every a/c on which we are qualified in the "armed" mode--armed meaning that when the door is opened the slide will deploy.

Each airline develops its own evacuation commands because the configuration of a B737 at AA may very well be different (probably is) from a B737 at WN or DL.  However, the FAA must approve the commands as getting the job done.  I am willing to go out on a limb and say that every airline has some evacuation command that imparts the thought that you are to come to the evacuation door empty-handed.  "Don't take anything with you."  "Leave Everything" or some such.  Every airline has procedures for dealing with passengers who fail to follow those instructions.

I am also willing to go out on a limb and hazard a guess that the FAA requires such a command of every airline.  The dangers of puncturing the inflated slide with a piece of luggage--particularly wheeled luggage--are obvious.  Once punctured, the slide is useless.

Let me say that it is my fondest wish that the day I retire from AA I shall be able to say, "You know.  All those drills--evacuation, first aid, CPR--we had to do at requalification each year were a total waste of time.  I never needed any of that stuff."   :lol:

yep. Leave everything and no heals on the slides are pretty common. 

Latest posts