DL to start SEA-LHR

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
DL's nonstop int'l flights from SEA grow to 8 with the new flight which starts next spring.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-launches-between-seattle-london-191400450.html

6.40 pm departure from SEA with noon arrivals and departures (+/-) at LHR and a 2.40 pm arrival back in LHR

Reactions: 1 person
Is SLC-LHR in the works? The awesome SkyClub staff said during their meeting with VPs mentioned DL was studying that route along with AMS to compliment CDG service.

And it looks like BOS returns to 767-400ER service this fall too.

Josh

DL has said the next priority for LHR service is DTW #2 (at an earlier hour) and then I believe SLC is next in line.

SLC is a solid niche hub for DL.... and the fact that they are committing to the terminal rebuild (over a billion bucks) despite the growing presence at SEA says they do not see SLC as threatened by either MSP or SEA.

good to see you back on this board, Kev.

DL will have the joint venture with Virgin Atlantic by the time this route starts and I am also pretty sure they have been listening to their big corporate clients in SEA who are telling them DL needs to provide LHR service in order for them to throw their business - TATL and TPAC completely to DL. SEA-LHR likely plays a much bigger strategic role for DL than just the additional of a single additional market. The AS partnership, which has clearly been tested but to which DL continues to be committed, also means that DL continues to develop its presence on the west close as well.

good to see you back on this board, Kev.

DL will have the joint venture with Virgin Atlantic by the time this route starts and I am also pretty sure they have been listening to their big corporate clients in SEA who are telling them DL needs to provide LHR service in order for them to throw their business - TATL and TPAC completely to DL. SEA-LHR likely plays a much bigger strategic role for DL than just the additional of a single additional market. The AS partnership, which has clearly been tested but to which DL continues to be committed, also means that DL continues to develop its presence on the west close as well.

A-330 ??

Latest posts