Do you go out of your way anymore?

700UW said:
You don't get it.

The only pressure the members have to get the company moving in negotiations is working by the book.
Are you suggesting that the employees of the new American Airlines do less than by the book?

Performance of Work
7. Follow instructions received from a member of management. Insubordination will not be tolerated. (Revision of this rule, March 27, 2009)
8. Use only the machines or equipment to which you are assigned or specifically authorized to operate.
9. Do not enter, climb upon, or fly Company airplanes unless authorized to do so.
10. Be sure to observe security and smoking regulations in all areas in which you work or visit. (Revision of this rule, May 1, 1972).
11. Wear suitable clothing for your work and take pride in your neatness and appearance.
12. Cooperate with other employees, thus avoiding delays in flights and poor service to the public.
13. Avoid damaging Company property and the property of others.
14. Report any damaged property or defective work immediately upon discovery.
15. Loafing, sleeping on the job, or intentional restriction of output is prohibited.
16. Misrepresentation of facts or falsification of records is prohibited.

I know you hate the mechanics but for you to even suggest that the mechanic work group to intentionally restrict their output of work
just shows your true nature.

Reactions: 1 person
First of all I dont hate mechanics, have many friends that are mechanics, I have also represented and negotiated for mechanics.

You know well exactly what I am talking about.

I have been in two 30 day cooling off periods and one strike.

I lived it, I worked it, were you there in 92 at US, or 99 when we were in 30 day cooling off periods and a strike in 92?

Saw many planes leave the terminal to go over to hardstand on near the maintenance hangar for repairs, looked like Mojave over there.  Also all Utility and Stores worked exactly to the company rules, their own procedures hindered the operation.  No one took overtime, so all groups were working short, I filed hundreds of grievances for other groups performing Utility work on thru flights.

So you should refrain from posting if you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Working by the book and to the exact rule of all company policies, procedures and rules, certainly accomplish the goal of putting pressure on the company, not just talking about maintenance either.

Do you always obey every single roadways and traffic ordinances at your airport ramp?

Do you make sure when you park a vehicle its five feet away from the plane unless its permitted?

Buck said:
Are you suggesting that the employees of the new American Airlines do less than by the book?

Performance of Work
7. Follow instructions received from a member of management. Insubordination will not be tolerated. (Revision of this rule, March 27, 2009)
8. Use only the machines or equipment to which you are assigned or specifically authorized to operate.
9. Do not enter, climb upon, or fly Company airplanes unless authorized to do so.
10. Be sure to observe security and smoking regulations in all areas in which you work or visit. (Revision of this rule, May 1, 1972).
11. Wear suitable clothing for your work and take pride in your neatness and appearance.
12. Cooperate with other employees, thus avoiding delays in flights and poor service to the public.
13. Avoid damaging Company property and the property of others.
14. Report any damaged property or defective work immediately upon discovery.15. Loafing, sleeping on the job, or intentional restriction of output is prohibited.
16. Misrepresentation of facts or falsification of records is prohibited.

I know you hate the mechanics but for you to even suggest that the mechanic work group to intentionally restrict their output of work
just shows your true nature.
I may have missed it. I don't agree with much of what he posts, but just where dId he say to lower the output of work or intentionally restrict work output?

Reactions: 2 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
I may have missed it. I don't agree with much of what he posts, but just where dId he say to lower the output of work or intentionally restrict work output?
You didnt miss it, as I never stated it.

So Glenn, when you were in the 30 day cooling off period before you struck NW, did you and your fellow mechanics work to rule and the book?

700UW said:
You don't get it.
The only pressure the members have to get the company moving in negotiations is working by the book.
So you are suggesting that we AMT'S are not following procedures and taking shortcuts? AKA, pencil whipping? Your crossing a fine line here for a outsider.

Another clueless post.

Guess you never been in a 30 day cooling off period.

In your zealousness to hate me, you would rather just attack me.

And I crossed no line, show me where I stated any pencil whipping or short cuts?

Grow up already.

1AA said:
So you are suggesting that we AMT'S are not following procedures and taking shortcuts? AKA, pencil whipping? Your crossing a fine line here for a outsider.
But its ok for your fellow TWU member to accuse the PMUS IAM Mechanics of it?

One thing is I never did, unlike him.

Where was your outrage then?

Overspeed said:
I am wondering how the legacy AA and US mechanics interaction will be once they start working with each other post JCBA. I have heard that US mechanics do not follow the IAW as closely as the AA mechanics. At AA after the MD80 AD debacle and the FAA scrutinizing everything we did for years, it has conditioned us to not stick our neck out when doing tasks with short cuts that satisfy the intent of the AMM. Will AA mechanics refuse to sign jointly for work done with a US mechanic who is not following IAW exactly? The IAM and TWU reps better get both groups on the same page before JCBA or there will be conflicts.

700UW,
I did not say IAM US AMTs were pencil whipping. I said we know they are not following IAW as closely as we are at AA. We had the FAA crawl up our a** starting with the MD80 AD and it continued. IAM US AMTs are performing in a way they believe meets the intent of the instructions. That may mean not removing all the panels to access something because they found another way to gain quciker access. If you were an AMT you would understand this but you are not. Your ignorance of how aircraft maintenance is actually done reinforces the argument that some have that the industrial union concept is flawed and does not represent AMTs well. You want to be the expert on everything but your not.

Reactions: 4 people
700UW said:
But its ok for your fellow TWU member to accuse the PMUS IAM Mechanics of it?

One thing is I never did, unlike him.

Where was your outrage then?
You need to stick to your profession and stop suggesting that we AMT'S are taking shortcuts in violation of company and FAA procedures. Your not a AMT and are not in a position to suggest how we work or should work. We are always under the eye of the FAA and are subjected to suspensions and monetary fines as well as criminal punishment in worse case. Try that with miss binning 387 bulbs with 327 bulbs.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW,
AA M&E received the FAA diamond award as well. It's not that big of a deal. And the Aviation Week award for MRO of the year was an accolade for how well they manage outsourcing. Great job US, thank IAM for letting them do it. And how about that SMS program that encourages punishment versus the TWU program that focuses on non-punitive action and self-disclosure to find out root cause of safety problems.

700UW said:
You don't get it.

So you did not indicate in your above remark working by the book statement that you intended mechanics to change there normal methods which you have just assumed 
is somewhat less than by the book or by not following the IAW policy? ( In Accordance With )

Reactions: 4 people
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Then refrain from posting.
Looks who is talking, I gave specific examples.

Gee thought you were coming back here?

Take your own advice.

Overspeed said:
700UW,
AA M&E received the FAA diamond award as well. It's not that big of a deal. And the Aviation Week award for MRO of the year was an accolade for how well they manage outsourcing. Great job US, thank IAM for letting them do it. And how about that SMS program that encourages punishment versus the TWU program that focuses on non-punitive action and self-disclosure to find out root cause of safety problems.
That's obviously a big difference, but are there any other shareable differences between the two programs?

At PMUS they have the ASAP program and an IAM leading Flight Safety Program, several PMUS IAM Members are assigned to the NMB to assist in accident investigation when needed, I know two of them personally that have been on investigations.

District 142 PDGC Dave Supplee is one of them, along with John Hall, both US mechanics, Dave is on union leave, but still is active if needed.

Mark and Doug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kXilc7w_k

Latest posts