Doogie gets arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock: I have one word for Parker...and all his $$$millions$$$ LIMO...........

:down: February 10, 2007 9:15 AM ETUS Airways CEO Arrested on DUI Chargeadvertisement

Related information E-mail this article Print-friendly version Discuss this articleStocks mentioned in this articleUS Airways Group, Inc. (LCC) Stock Quote, Chart, NewsRelated topicsPersonnel Announcements
All Associated Press NewsPHOENIX (AP) - US Airways Chief Executive Doug Parker was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving just hours after his airline's $9.8 billion bid for Delta Air Lines was rejected, Scottsdale police confirmed Friday.

Meanwhile, a newspaper reported that Parker had a previous DUI conviction in 1991 when he worked for American Airlines in Dallas, and Parker admitted to two other alcohol-related incidents.
Related newsDow Ends Down 57 After Oil Prices SpikeUS Airways Releases Statement Regarding Alleged DUI IncidentUS Airways Withdraws Bid for DeltaUS Airways to Apply for China ServiceEddie Bauer CEO Resigns
Parker, 45, was pulled over at 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 31 after leaving a party at the FBR Open golf tournament in Scottsdale, police Sgt. Mark Clark said. Parker was pulled over for driving 20 mph over the posted speed limit of 45 mph.

Results released Friday show Parker had a blood-alcohol level of 0.096, according to Clark. The legal limit in Arizona is 0.08.

According to a police report, Parker told police he had three beers during a two-hour period.

The arresting officer, Ben Roberson, wrote in the police report that Parker had bloodshot and watery eyes, slurred speech and alcohol on his breath. Parker refused to take a breathalyzer test, the report shows.

The officer performed roadside sobriety tests and arrested Parker. He then took Parker to a DUI task force post for booking and to have blood drawn for an alcohol-level test. Before the test was given, the report shows Parker asked to speak with a lawyer who also had been a passenger in his black BMW when he was pulled over.

The lawyer told Parker over the phone to take the test, the report shows.

Parker, a husband and father of three children who lives in the posh town of Paradise Valley, was cited for DUI and driving at an imprudent speed and released the night of his arrest. Police called a taxi for him and had his car towed.

Parker is scheduled to appear in Scottsdale Municipal Court on Feb. 21.

The Arizona Republic reported Friday that after Parker was arrested by Dallas police in January 1991 on suspicion of drunken driving, he pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor charge of DUI and was given a probated sentence of 30 days in jail, two years probation and a $250 fine.

Parker worked for American Airlines from 1986-91, was at Northwest Airlines in Minneapolis from 1991-95 and then joined Tempe-based America West Airlines as its chief financial officer. He became America West's CEO in September 2001 and the carrier acquired US Airways in 2005.

Parker wrote two letters of apology this week to US Airways employees regarding last month's incident but did not mention the 1991 DUI case.

In the letters, Parker said he was in too much of a hurry the night of his arrest, but that he was honest with Roberson about how much he drank. He said he did not believe his blood-alcohol level would be over the legal limit and that he was OK to drive.

In a statement issued Friday night, Parker said that he was "regrettably involved in three other alcohol-related incidents in my twenties. Two involved driving under the influence (one a misdemeanor) and the third occurred in college while a passenger in a friend's car."

However, Parker did not release any details of the other two incidents.

"As I communicated to our employees earlier this morning, my mistake of last week was just that -- a mistake, not a trend -- and I believe that events from 15 and 20 years ago do not reflect on the person I am today," Parker said in the statement.

US Airways vice president of communications Elise Eberwein said Parker "is embarrassed beyond words and knows more is expected of him." The airline said it would have no further comment on the incident Friday.

US Airways made a hostile bid for bankrupt Delta on Nov. 15. and later raised its bid by nearly 20 percent in hopes of swaying the carrier's official committee of unsecured creditors.

But the creditors rejected the offer on Jan. 31, and Parker pulled the bid within minutes of being informed of the move.

Parker said Thursday he wouldn't have done anything differently in regards to the Delta bid.

"The creditors just chose not to go with our proposal," he said. "We think our proposal was better, but it was their prerogative, and we left on our own terms."

___

On the Net:

Doug Parker: http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/about...ios/parker.aspx

From the 2006 employee handbook:

A Company’s success depends to a very large degree on the conduct of its employees.......employees should perform no act that is detrimental to the welfare of, or reflects unfavorably on, the Company or its employees.

Doug was at a high profile, company sponsored event.

So, that being said...I wonder what will happen to the "PHL 22"? I am assuming some, if not all, are fighting to get their jobs back. While an incident did occur, it happened off company property and off company time. Yet, I believe they were still terminated because their behaviour "reflected poorly on US Airways". I may be wrong about the events surrounding the PHL folks...if that is the case I am sure someone here will correct me. ;)

Clearly Doug's behaviour has reflected poorly on our company. Not that I am in anyway advocating he be terminated, but I am curious to see how this is going to all play out. We seem to have a management group that likes to throw the "ethics" card at the employees every chance they get, especially in inflight dept. on the west side.

Doug Parker's forced disclosure (back against the wall) of his previous alcohol related arrests DO appear to be a trend despite what Doug says.

My gut tells me that it's time for treatment. NOT the trendy escaping to rehab until the media forgets but real acknowledgement that alcohol is a serious problem for him. And I am sorry.

• Banned
http://www.abc15.com/news/PARKER_DUI.pdf Page 8, I think we should show up at the court house on 2-21-07 in uniform and show our support for "Dougie"
You got to be kidding?

This is from a man who won't settle any open contract and they have been dragging negotiations on for months?

You have truly been brainwashed.

It is amazing, you all must have battered wife syndrome.

Luvthe9's comment may have been a little tongue in cheek - at least I took it that way....

Jim

http://www.abc15.com/news/PARKER_DUI.pdf Page 8, I think we should show up at the court house on 2-21-07 in uniform and show our support for "Dougie"

Hey pal, he surely, emphatically, without-any-doubt, NOT show up for you, or any other employee,whether pilot, f/a. mechanic, ramp, customer service to give support!!!

In fact, your azze would be suspended pending an investigation or terminated. The Co. policy reads conduct that would freflect poorly, embarrass or discredit the company whether in uniform or out of uniform, on the job or off the job.

• Banned
Bob,

My comments were not to you, they were too luvthe9.

Doug needs to take his Beemer, the millions he's milked out of this company, and do what all the exec's before him have done....leave with a big smile on his face and a fat bank acoount. He's as shady as those who came and went before him.

I know and I think kuv was being a little tongue in check or down right sarcastic. His words taken in that light seem kind of interesting as a potential "Job Action"
YES YES, I was just kidding, is there any front end crewmember "east side" that likes Dougie, I can't think of one!!!! You worry me 700UW thinking I was serious. Piney got it.

YES YES, I was just kidding, is there any front end crewmember "east side" that likes Dougie, I can't think of one!!!! You worry me 700UW thinking I was serious. Piney got it.

I didn't get it.

Did you forget about USA320pilot. He's management's biggest fan.

Doug needs to take his Beemer, the millions he's milked out of this company, and do what all the exec's before him have done....leave with a big smile on his face and a fat bank acoount. He's as shady as those who came and went before him.

If memory serves me correctly, labor has not liked a single soul (CEO) for the last 12 years or so. What makes you think that if Doug leaves it will be better?

When Wolf and company left we thought..."Amen to labor friendly Dave." Were did that leave us?

Then came Lakefield/Bronner...Where did that leave us?

Now we have Doug. I would take him over ANY of them any day.

Do I like everything he is doing? NO

Becareful what you wish for..... We have been down that road.

I think a CEO should be elected by Labor...that way you can't #### and moan if you voted them in.

Oh wait, you would still find fault in them.

And NO I AM NOT DRINKING ANY KOOLAIDE! Just being reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back