Doug Parker decries profit sharing....

699 likes to post graffiti but the proof is in the pudding for the Delta flight attendants and other employees.  The moment AA and United flight attendants take home a higher total yearly compensation package then the IAM can come knocking on the door.  Otherwise STFU!!!

Delta employees will make at least 3.5 billion more than AA employees 2015 to 2017 regardless of the formula change.

Reactions: 1 person
W,
Sounds like I am getting the 5% and old PS plan (pre-BK) confused. But then if the old plan was 5% and the agreement with Dougie to get rid of PS entirely was 4.3% means that the bar has been set. The 4.3 fixed is 86% of the 5% PS plan. Then if the DL plan is (new) is 15% then it is worth a 12.9% fixed raise on top of the DL hourly rate. Then the TWU/IAM should argue that we deserve DL+12.9 in exchange for no PS plan due to Parker's own past recent past agreement to wipe out PS at AA.

Black Magic said:
699 likes to post graffiti but the proof is in the pudding for the Delta flight attendants and other employees.  The moment AA and United flight attendants take home a higher total yearly compensation package then they can come knocking on the door.  Otherwise STFU!!!
Glad to see you have to attack the poster.

Sorry if the facts don't fit your narrative.

When you purchase the board you can make the rules, I'm not going anywhere.

limit said:
Delta employees will make at least 3.5 billion more than AA employees 2015 to 2017 regardless of the formula change.
You do realize 40% of DL's ACS employees are Ready Reserve who make around $13 an hour no raise, no sick time, no vacation, no 401k match, no health insurance?

And DL wants to increase that to 50% and ready reserve has now started in maintenance and at the ATL base DGS and other contractors are performing Heavy Maintenance and Shops work for DL.

And once again how many Delta flight attendants make $13 and hour with no raise, no sick time, no vacation, no 401k match, no health insurance????

700UW said:
DL-FA-Pay-Gimmick.jpg

So the IAM is looking to recover $400 million a year for the Delta Flight Attendants.  That's impressive

But yet they leave profit sharing out of the 2014 M&R contract and instead settle for AA bankruptcy wages

Just think what the IAM could do with $400 million more a year at Delta

That's like almost 340,000 bottles of $1,185 a bottle wine they could drink while dropping IAM pensions in half

Black Magic said:
And once again how many Delta flight attendants make $13 and hour with no raise, no sick time, no vacation, no 401k match, no health insurance????
You do realize there are other groups besides FAs?

Go ask them about A Days, high cost health insurance, or their social security offset, no work rules and no protections.

Or not having hotel rooms while pilots do due to irregular ops.

Or why they have only a 6% 401k match against while the pilots get 15%.

Or why DL FAs have the lowest sick time banks out of all the major airlines.

Or why pilots get paid overtime and not FAs?

Or why pilots get free meals and FAs don't

Shall I continue?

Overspeed said:
W,
Sounds like I am getting the 5% and old PS plan (pre-BK) confused. But then if the old plan was 5% and the agreement with Dougie to get rid of PS entirely was 4.3% means that the bar has been set. The 4.3 fixed is 86% of the 5% PS plan. Then if the DL plan is (new) is 15% then it is worth a 12.9% fixed raise on top of the DL hourly rate. Then the TWU/IAM should argue that we deserve DL+12.9 in exchange for no PS plan due to Parker's own past recent past agreement to wipe out PS at AA.
I'm again not going to argue this kind of math because I'm admittedly not good at it. But if you're saying that's where we would stand if Delta makes the same exact profit this year that they did last, then that's 9.9% above the quoted Dougie 3

I'm sure the Association had it's numbers cruncher's on this the day after we knew what DL's new numbers would look like.

If Doug really wants to compensate us as the #1 Airline in the world and have a premium rate for that as he says (LMAO) then I was right when I keep saying that the 3% is sub-par.

Reactions: 3 people
DL+3% is an unacceptable offer. If Dougie was willing to jump at giving us a near even swap of the old PS rate for fixed pay increases when AA/US was facing fuel headwinds and merger uncertainity, he should be much more willing to give us the same deal now with fuel at record lows and the meat of the merger issues (PSS) behind him.

Or maybe he was so desperate to pull off the merger he was willing to do and say anything to get it done. Now that he has that behind him he feels he only has to do just enough to make you not want to leave.

limit said:
The company used to have for just a little while in Jetnet a pie chart explaining what our individual total compensation package was worth. All in wages and benefits. They probably took it out because they want to keep us as much in the dark on that as possible?

If when this is all over the company really believes we are being compensated better than our peers, put that chart back out. Prove it to us.

And I'd also like to read what the total cost per year is for each individual workgroup. Airline Financials website isn't updating anymore and annoyingly it didn't include Fleet (who was paid off not to crunch those numbers)

Actually it should be negotiated that that information needs to be provided to us IMO.

Overspeed said:
DL+3% is an unacceptable offer. If Dougie was willing to jump at giving us a near even swap of the old PS rate for fixed pay increases when AA/US was facing fuel headwinds and merger uncertainity, he should be much more willing to give us the same deal now with fuel at record lows and the meat of the merger issues (PSS) behind him.

Or maybe he was so desperate to pull off the merger he was willing to do and say anything to get it done. Now that he has that behind him he feels he only has to do just enough to make you not want to leave.
Nice. No comment.

This latest round of profit-sharing comes on the heels the $1.1 billion the airline paid out to employees in February of 2015. 
In total, Delta states that it has doled out a total of $4.1 billion in profit-sharing and other performance rewards over the past five years. 

Employees at fellow legacy carrier, United, earned $698 million in profit sharing for 2015 while American Airlines does not engage in the activity.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-air-lines-giving-employees-212156069.html

I have to admit it's kind of funny how the author worded that. "American Airlines does not engage in the activity"

At a recent meeting with employees CEO Parker was queried on the lack of a profit sharing clause in the "Tentative Agreement." He tersely replied: "It's just not the right way to pay 100,000 employees that don't have that much impact on the daily profits."

Latest posts