Doug Parker decries profit sharing....

Lucky777 said:
That's simply not true....the pilots didn't vote down the reduced Profit Sharing that will begin in 2017. It was never up for a vote because profit sharing isn't a contractual obligation and thus not open to negotiating as i would have hoped you were aware of.
I guess he's more aware of things then you are it seems.

Always better to read and research first before you decide to comment.

700UW said:
DL's pilots profit sharing is contractual, that is why theirs isn't being reduced for 2017, and non-union is being reduced.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0PK29620150710
Your misconstruing what's being said in the article.... Profit-sharing for Delta pilots is absolutely no different than it is for in-flight, ACS, or maintenance.... It can, and has been modified the exact same amount for everyone else.... Hopefully we can have a Delta pilot chime in to verify what I've said though.

WeAAsles said:
I guess he's more aware of things then you are it seems.
Always better to read and research first before you decide to comment.
Once an actual Delta pilot confirms what I've said I'll let you eat that humble pie that's baking right now.... Until then I stand by my comments.

Lucky777 said:
Once an actual Delta pilot confirms what I've said I'll let you eat that humble pie that's baking right now.... Until then I stand by my comments.

Go over to the DL threads been discussed over and over.

In 2012 the pilots voted to reduce their profit sharing by 33% in lieu of a 20% raise from June if 2012 till December of 2014. PS is in their CBA.

Their rejected TA reduced profit sharing again, they rejected it and non-union DL employees have had their PS reduced again for 2017 payout.

Pilots PS was not changed.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

DALPA CBA Mentions PS in Section 3 Compensation, Article is on Page 3-14.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiQotH1--PKAhXHyT4KHRlPALwQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Frsp.homestead.com%2Ffiles%2FPWA.PDF&usg=AFQjCNH-ePhCXWcfA1LAUhcdM4oUeywlLA&sig2=cvDsdGHVATSZ9cM0BiS-hA&bvm=bv.113370389,d.dmo&cad=rja

12670051_10153900991194486_6373571603894583559_n.jpg

No pie being eaten here, but how does that crow taste that you are eating?

700UW said:
Go over to the DL threads been discussed over and over.
In 2012 the pilots voted to reduce their profit sharing by 33% in lieu of a 20% raise from June if 2012 till December of 2014. PS is in their CBA.
Their rejected TA reduced profit sharing again, they rejected it and non-union DL employees have had their PS reduced again for 2017 payout.
Pilots PS was not changed.
Don't le the facts get in your way.
He's not lieing. He's just not reading.

It was suppose to be let, not LE and how do you get LIE out of LE?

700UW said:
It was suppose to be let, not LE and how do you get LIE out of LE?

It was how my phone showed it before you corrected. Le.... Thought you meant lie.

I'll bet you $10.00 he doesn't come back and say he was wrong? They never do.

Well I posted a screenshot of the page in the DALPA CBA where it shows PS is contractual.

I guess lucky777 will be eating his own humble pie or does he prefer crow?

http://crankyflier.com/2015/07/13/delta-pilots-resoundingly-reject-a-new-contract/

Profit-sharing was certainly one of the more contentious issues. The pilots loved their profit-sharing and didn’t want to give it up unless the deal was very sweet. Today, Delta pays 10 percent of profit to pilots on income up to $2.5 billion. Then it pays 20 percent on profit over $2.5 billion. Delta wanted to move that 20 percent threshold up to $6 billion. That means on profit between $2.5 billion and $6 billion, it would pay 10 percent instead of 20 percent, or about $350 million less. It would then give a pay raise to compensate for that.

WeAAsles said:
It was how my phone showed it before you corrected. Le.... Thought you meant lie.

I wont take that bet, lol!

Is anyone else concerned about how little stock is actually held by the board and senior execs? The amount of stock held by "insiders" at AAL is less than 0.2%. Most company's have insiders holding more stock (playing long) because they believe the company's stock will rise. Parker and company appear to dumping their stock awards as soon as tehy get them. Do they know something about the long term health of AAL that isn't good?

Lucky777 said:
Your misconstruing what's being said in the article.... Profit-sharing for Delta pilots is absolutely no different than it is for in-flight, ACS, or maintenance.... It can, and has been modified the exact same amount for everyone else.... Hopefully we can have a Delta pilot chime in to verify what I've said though.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (for you), but you are incorrect. For Delta pilots, their profit-sharing is contractual; it's in their CBA. I am not a Delta pilot, but I am capable of reading their CBA.

For everyone else at Delta (except the unionized dispatchers), profit-sharing can be modified by management. If the pilots ratify an agreement that reduces their profit-sharing, it is very likely that Delta will unilaterally modify everyone's profit-sharing formula.

WeAAsles said:

Pay up big man, i couldn't have been more wrong on this issue!!!

For the life of me i thought profit-sharing was across-the-board for all employees and didn't realise the pilots actually had it in writing in their contract so color me ignorant. Live and learn i suppose....and no, humble pie never tastes good lol

Back