Dreamliner update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why they ever took such a universally recognized logo (won which has won many awards, BTW), and traded it for the crap we have now is beyond me...

That imbedded NW with the almost "invisible" W was one of the most brilliant logos ever conceived. The decision to change it reflects the same tastelessness of those that ran the airline into the ground for personal greed.

What a treat it would be if the New Delta became "Pan American World Airways" (who owns the name?)with the eternally, globally recognized logo The Blue Globe. Possibly the greatest airline logo ever created, certainly the most recognized.

That imbedded NW with the almost "invisible" W was one of the most brilliant logos ever conceived. The decision to change it reflects the same tastelessness of those that ran the airline into the ground for personal greed.

What a treat it would be if the New Delta became "Pan American World Airways" (who owns the name?)with the eternally, globally recognized logo The Blue Globe. Possibly the greatest airline logo ever created, certainly the most recognized.
North,
if I am remembering correctly the name was being used with a lowcost airline based in Miami for a time several years ago, but then it changed being used for a charter service up near New Hampshire??.. but I believe that ended and the name is being used for a rail service...I think??

I would like to see two retro jet liveries, one In Pan Am colors and one Northwest Orient(representing both Atlantic/Pacific operations of the past that has enabled the new airline going forward to be who they are/will be today,.

North,
if I am remembering correctly the name was being used with a lowcost airline based in Miami for a time several years ago, but then it changed being used for a charter service up near New Hampshire??.. but I believe that ended and the name is being used for a rail service...I think??

That would be Guilford rail systems. They also owned the airline, which IIRC, was officially known as Boston-Maine Airways before they were shut down...

PA-III-train-cars.gif

Not sure who owns the Pan Am name but Delta does not.

We had one of those 'come to Jesus meetings' a couple of weeks ago. We were told the 787 will be delivered in DL colors

And what exactly are "DL colors"? DL has never found a livery it didn't like and doesn't complete one repaint before designing a new livery. Personally, I'd keep the NW colors with the DL logo. The pearl NW uses keeps the planes from looking dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts