DTW and BOS to GLA

Apparently NWA have applied to fly from Boston and Detriot to Glasgow, UK. Does anyone know more? :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If so, no surprise !!!

I can remember a time that BIG RED flew a Widebody(747 maybe) from BOS to Prestwick(PIK i think)

(Red Tail Bear/Kev3188.....help me out here)

NH/BB's

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If so, no surprise !!!

I can remember a time that BIG RED flew a Widebody(747 maybe) from BOS to Prestwick(PIK i think)

(Red Tail Bear/Kev3188.....help me out here)

NH/BB's

Yea, until the KLM partnership, NWA flew GLA-BOS daily with a DC10, carried around 15,000 pax per month, and that was in the 80s!! A daily 757 to both Detroit and Boston from Glasgow now would do really well.

When I started flying way back a hundred or so years ago, NW flew to Prestwick (then the Int'l airport serving GLA) from New York-JFK and BOS daily, (alternating between the 2) using a 747-200 with a stop in Shannon 1st. When we changed to the DC-10 in the late '80's we dropped the JFK service and it went non-stop from BOS daily. The UK government closed Prestwick (to commercial flights) and opened GLA for int'l traffic. The Shannon service became an independent flight continuing on to Dublin. Oh, the glory days of the BOS hub! NW had 8 daily flights to Europe out of BOS until the KLM link-up where we moved everything to DTW.]

When I started flying way back a hundred or so years ago, NW flew to Prestwick (then the Int'l airport serving GLA) from New York-JFK and BOS daily, (alternating between the 2) using a 747-200 with a stop in Shannon 1st. When we changed to the DC-10 in the late '80's we dropped the JFK service and it went non-stop from BOS daily. The UK government closed Prestwick (to commercial flights) and opened GLA for int'l traffic. The Shannon service became an independent flight continuing on to Dublin. Oh, the glory days of the BOS hub! NW had 8 daily flights to Europe out of BOS until the KLM link-up where we moved everything to DTW.]

I'm Confused...Why Would They Fly To SNN And Then On To GLA? That Flight Does Not Make ANY Sense..Until This Year, You HAD To Fly To SNN In Order To Fly To DUB, If You Flew To SNN You Had To Fly Onto DUB.. :rolleyes: And YOu Mean To Say There Was That Much Demand To Fly A 747 To Either Place?

I'm Confused...Why Would They Fly To SNN And Then On To GLA? That Flight Does Not Make ANY Sense..Until This Year, You HAD To Fly To SNN In Order To Fly To DUB, If You Flew To SNN You Had To Fly Onto DUB.. :rolleyes: And YOu Mean To Say There Was That Much Demand To Fly A 747 To Either Place?
Hey Philly Cheesesteak...keep your nose out our NW blog and stay in USAir's! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Nobody likes a Nosy Rosy!

Back