E190's going bye bye?

It's contract time boys, this is how its played. Pressure and fear, divide and conquer. Resistance is futile, that sort of thing. Been there, done that, every contract, same thing. Yes, I believe all the other blather about capacity, blah, blah, blah. But it was very convenient to 'casually' mention this at this time, just after reporting a profit - to make sure the pilots and f/a's know exactly where they stand.
My take - the airplanes are replacing 737's and are cheaper. Same fare.....more profit than a 737. Only if he's ready to burn the furniture will he sell these.
He'd rather buy more and ground more 737's. Nah, it's negotiations 101 - plain and simple.
Cheers.
Nope.

Cheers.

The topic is the fate of the E190's. Stick to it or find your post deleted. Also, posts that have no purpose other than to bash another poster are being deleted without further comment.

its going to be interesting to see what actually does happen to the 190s i know in my former station they have it once a day from june thru sept then it goes back to a319 now i dont know why they didnt get more 319s to replace 737s but the 190s certainly dont come close to the capacity of either plane but

its going to be interesting to see what actually does happen to the 190s i know in my former station they have it once a day from june thru sept then it goes back to a319 now i dont know why they didnt get more 319s to replace 737s but the 190s certainly dont come close to the capacity of either plane but

It seems as if with the management changes at the top of US, when a fleet plan is developed and comunicated to the troops, the next management team comes along and changes it.

Here is the article I saw on this.

DATE:23/07/09
SOURCE:Air Transport Intelligence news
US Airways considers cutting its E-190 fleet
By Lori Ranson

Management at US Airways has launched an evaluation of elimination its fleet of 25 Embraer E-190s through direct sales or subleases.
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/...-190-fleet.html

Article leads me back to my earlier post here, a Republic pilot said that they are about to start flying the 190 for US Airways?

"transition deal".

US Airways owns the 25 aircraft, and company chief executive Doug Parker stresses the potential cutting of E-Jets from its fleet is not to raise liquidity, but to enhance long-term profitability.

In August 2005 US Airways issued a request for proposal to regional partners Air Wisconsin, Mesa Air Group and Republic Airways Holdings to operate up to 25 E-190s once it merged with America West.

But after mainline pilot protests a transition deal was ratified by America West and US Airways pilots to limit E-190 flying to mainline operations.

This is DP's way of saying to the NAC "we won't match JetBlue's E190 payscale".
Remember the stick and carrot approach to negotiations? Well, the modern version is get a bunch of sticks, and don't offer any carrots. Next, use sticks to beat subject into submission. Viola!
Cheers.

This is DP's way of saying to the NAC "we won't match JetBlue's E190 payscale".
Remember the stick and carrot approach to negotiations? Well, the modern version is get a bunch of sticks, and don't offer any carrots. Next, use sticks to beat subject into submission. Viola!
Cheers.
That's incorrect.

Actually, everything I've ever posted here is misleading and incorrect. LCC's management team has nothing but the best intentions for all employees. Their mantra must be, 'what would Jesus do...' for any situation. Altruistic and kind, gentle and forgiving, describe the vibe flowing from the desert southwest HQ.
Management is honest and forthright in all their dealings with employees, vendors, and customers, and tries to right every wrong.
If you are an employee, rest assured that your job is stable and safe, look forward to industry-standard wages and the best working conditions, and -most importantly- don't worry, be happy.

Jet Blue is rumored to be thinking of going to an all E-190 Fleet. Could this be something Management knows and wants to move the E-190 fleet over to Jet Blue. Also Jet Blue keeps talking to STL about a MIDWEST HUB in STL, but the LANDING FEES are way to expensive with the AA PULL DOWN.

Jet Blue is rumored to be thinking of going to an all E-190 Fleet. Could this be something Management knows and wants to move the E-190 fleet over to Jet Blue. Also Jet Blue keeps talking to STL about a MIDWEST HUB in STL, but the LANDING FEES are way to expensive with the AA PULL DOWN.

Hey...can us E190 pilots go to JetBlue with the airplanes? :lol:

Don't you wish. That would be great. I just flew the JetBlue E190 to JFK & it was great. Friendly crew, direct tv, clean airplane with lots of room beats the you know what out of US. Why any customer would give US the money with that choice.

Now I return you to will the 190 stay or go.

I assure you Jet Blue is not contemplating an all 190 fleet.

If the -190's were sold to Delta what provisions (if any) are there that would govern whether pilots would go with the planes....I seem to remember from long ago something like 25% of the fleet would trigger a pilot transfer with the a/c but I could be way off; what's the current language say?

Speaking just in terms of AFA

In addition to all other protections under this Agreement, if,
within any twelve (12) month period while the Agreement remains in effect, US Airways Group or the Company sells, transfers or disposes of assets which, net of asset purchases or acquisitions during the same twelve (12)
month period, constitute twenty percent (20%) or more of the value of the
assets of the Company or US Airways Group (the closing of any such
transaction(s) which alone or in the aggregate satisfy the aforesaid percentage being referred to as a “Triggering Event
In the event another air carrier (a “Transferee”) purchases
or acquires any aircraft of the Company or US Airways Group as part of
any transaction that constitutes a Triggering Event, the Association shall
determine, in its sole discretion, whether or not flight attendants from the
US Airways System Seniority List (the “Transferring Flight Attendants”)
shall transfer to the Transferee and which flight attendants shall transfer.
The number of Transferring Flight Attendants shall be determined by
calculating the average flight attendant staffing on a monthly basis over the
prior twelve (12) months attributable to the aircraft transferred to the
Transferee in connection with the Triggering Event

Back