Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashflyer

Aug 20, 2002
Since some people have brought this up, I thought we might try the poll feature here. Granted this won't represent the entire workforce, but I'm sure we'll get a general feeling. :rolleyes:

I work for one of the WO Express, and with us there's 2 dynamics. First is how we're treated by our airline, and what Crystal City does with us. It's true most people take pride in what they do before anything. What's really sad on this board is how people with different jobs within the airline treat each other. Some people think they "outrank" people with other jobs. Everyone is equally important. I say that because if those ideas were eliminated morale would improve. I don't think those ideas will ever change though. Sad.
From the lofty heights of the boardroom etc. It's definitely the idea of rolling over and giving in to competition and the lack of fight in Crystal City. People rally around a common enemy. We ought to be in Baltimore causing grief for SWA that's only one example. If we lose, we lose. If the competition is going to win, at least make them work for it. Let us in on the "big" plan (which I'm sure is grooming us for a sale eventually making a VERY few people even bigger multi millionaires). I guess we're like soldiers who've been sitting for a long time. We have know how and tools and all we need is a fight.

:angry: Where I am at it is as bad as I've ever seen it & it gets worse each day. Our local mgmt & of course we know corporate could care less about us or our families. We are treated like you know what. We are understaffed every & told to handle it.

It would appear that it is a lot worse than Chip suspected in another post. You should add another catagory called Rock Bottom. Nobody that I work with cares about anything anymore..just going thru the motions is about it. Once you have become one of the working poor with 20+ years, morale is non-existent. :(

From where I sit it's so bad that people are starting to wish Wolf was back!

Someone on another board, I'm sure they won't mind being quoted, put it well; the management's at DL, WN, NW, CO see US Airways as their competition; US Airways management sees their own employees as the competition.

The malcontent commentaries on this board only represent a small minority of the employees within the company. The vast majority (28,000) continue to endorse this management team. The public can be assured that US Airways' does not have a morale problem.

Dave, we dont make the money you make, we dont have houses being built in SXM, we dont go out of our way to treat employees like crap like you do.

We are just trying to survive, labor friendly my ###.

Dave, we have been here long before you came and will be here long after you are gone!

Well.....looks like this topic got under FlyontheWall's skin. We all know who that is right? Who said our top officers don't read this board? If your so sure of the poll results not representing the employees feelings, then why don't you take a survey in all bases and workgroups FlyontheWall? What are you afraid of? It amazing to me you have the nerve to show your face to any employee.
Gag....you make me sick.

Photo deleted by moderator-

Moderator comments:
Please do not assume the identity of a poster.

flyonthewall said:
The malcontent commentaries on this board only represent a small minority of the employees within the company. The vast majority (28,000) continue to endorse this management team. The public can be assured that US Airways' does not have a morale problem.
As a frequent passenger, this has been my read as well. No one is really "happy" per se, but many are semi encouraged the airline even still exists.

No...wrong. It's a compliment to the employee groups that we don't show it to the passengers. It's a mask we put on when we go to work. We are a professional group but there is only so much we can pretend. We feel demoralized and horrible inside but come to work and play like everything is peachy.

USFlyer said:
As a frequent passenger, this has been my read as well. No one is really "happy" per se, but many are semi encouraged the airline even still exists.
What is the first business of one who practices philosophy? To get rid of self-conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn that which he thinks he already knows.
Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses

ACrazy8 said:
USFlyer said:
What is the first business of one who practices philosophy? To get rid of self-conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn that which he thinks he already knows.
Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses
Hey Dude -

Lighten up. I never said I knew anything about morale. All I said is my read after talking with folks is things are not as bad as expressed on this board. Honestly, my discussions are no more scientific than the poll here. It's just observations. And, my involvement is more than just a frequent passenger. I'm very good friends with a number of employees. But, again, my talks with a few people are just that, talks with a few people. So lighten up already ... sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts