Equity Update

The Last Time I looked it was American Airlines and NOT "The Association" who signs my paycheck.

As essentially a contract-or for American Airlines I leave it up to my Representatives to Negotiate my terms for rates for providing work for the Airline.

While I do of course appreciate working for the Airline I also expect them to negotiate with my Lawyers and not me directly. That’s what I PAY my Lawyers to do for me.

There are consequences to going into Section 6.

Just couple for us to overcome.

1. If we're in Mediation until December 2019 it would mean we could be about $2 per hour behind them (Fleet). That being the case, how long could we hold out and will the Members accept not having an opportunity to decide on that?

2. The APA and APFA have negotiations in 2019. Would the NMB hold us on ice until those groups TA the current LAA medical which pressures the IAM in their stance while the raises and other benefits surpass the value of the medical?

That's just two examples.

#1 would likely end up as a retro check although of course not assured. With the Company continuing to bank profits though I would suspect it to be held firm to. We would lose some compounding economic value though.

#2 Fantasyland. Those two groups have some past issues they want to try to have cleared up and there is a likelihood that they also may stretch out for two or three years if the plan for the APA and APFA is to double down.

BTW the Pilots are going to demand a lot larger Profit Sharing percentage then they receive now to match the industry. So perhaps it behoves us to wait a few more years too then and see what they get?

What do you think there NYer? Do you think the Company and the Mediator are cool with waiting a few more years?

As essentially a contract-or for American Airlines I leave it up to my Representatives to Negotiate my terms for rates for providing work for the Airline.

While I do of course appreciate working for the Airline I also expect them to negotiate with my Lawyers and not me directly. That’s what I PAY my Lawyers to do for me.

You are correct that the Contract is between AA and the TWU / or IAM and not Individuals. They will negotiate their best Interests First and maybe we might get some leftovers once they are finished with their interests.

Well that pretty much seals your fate, if you can't have your TWU, it's either Teamsters which would have a better chance than AMFA would.

How many Union organizers do you think are currently on Forums? I think those organizers looking to raid already established Unions in our industry should maybe crawl back under their rocks until the next Economic meltdown where they can once again use that as their motivation to gain pickings off peoples emotions.

Actually I’m leaning more towards the possibility of votes occurring before Section 6 because I will admit the Company has been progressively modifying their positions?

Again though as the Three Musketeers said “All for one, one for all”

If there aren’t deals made for all the Association Represented Groups then I think I can make a 99.9% sure bet that we will be going into Section 6 without ANY votes.

Bad bet. There are 3 Association groups and each NC votes on whether there is a TA and if it goes to a vote of the Members.

#1 would likely end up as a retro check although of course not assured.

BTW the Pilots are going to demand a lot larger Profit Sharing percentage then they receive now to match the industry. So perhaps it behoves us to wait a few more years too then and see what they get?

Do you realize how much profit sharing we would have to receive to make up for a "few more years" of the DEFERRED proposed wage and 401 K increases?

You are correct that the Contract is between AA and the TWU / or IAM and not Individuals. They will negotiate their best Interests First and maybe we might get some leftovers once they are finished with their interests.

Wrong. Even if they’re interests as you say are simply dues related which if true completely this would have been over a while back. The IAM and TWU would have already sold out the Medical and some jobs for higher wages they could scarff up.

IAM dues are a weighted average.

TWU dues are 2 times the hourly rate. So if say TWU got me a $5.00 increase. That increase equals $800.00 for me and $10.00 for the TWU.

Mathematically I think I’m quite ok with that.

#1 would likely end up as a retro check although of course not assured. With the Company continuing to bank profits though I would suspect it to be held firm to. We would lose some compounding economic value though.

#2 Fantasyland. Those two groups have some past issues they want to try to have cleared up and there is a likelihood that they also may stretch out for two or three years if the plan for the APA and APFA is to double down.

What do you think there NYer? Do you think the Company and the Mediator are cool with waiting a few more years?

Retro? Haahhahhahahahaha

They don't have to TA an entire CBA, just the medical piece. That could happen rather quickly.

It'll be fun seeing you trying to convince people to wait longer in case the pilots get more profit sharing.

Bad bet. There are 3 Association groups and each NC votes on whether there is a TA and if it goes to a vote of the Members.

Great bet actually. The Association chair and vice chair also have to approve don’t forget.

And besides you know one Union is going to probably be 100% in their Solidarity when/if those votes come.

Retro? Haahhahhahahahaha

They don't have to TA an entire CBA, just the medical piece. That could happen rather quickly.

It'll be fun seeing you trying to convince people to wait longer in case the pilots get more profit sharing.

Wow you’re too easy for me. I knew those last two paragraphs would set you off a little loopy.

Again you fall back into the (IAM) Medical as the largest problem area. And the one that THEY should capitulate on. You’re ignoring other items within the ENTIRE Association.

Oh but if you’re not concerned about me being able to convince people of things and think it will be fun to watch, then why are you still restricting me from my Local 568 FB “Open Forum” Group Page? LMFAO.

Don’t worry the longer you keep me from it the more I’m going to use it to my advantage anyway. My TWU Local President is scared of me is the sell.

Wow you’re too easy for me. I knew those last two paragraphs would set you off a little loopy.

Again you fall back into the (IAM) Medical as the largest problem area. And the one that THEY should capitulate on. You’re ignoring other items within the ENTIRE Association.

Oh but if you’re not concerned about me being able to convince people of things and think it will be fun to watch, then why are you still restricting me from my Local 568 FB “Open Forum” Group Page? LMFAO.

Don’t worry the longer you keep me from it the more I’m going to use it to my advantage anyway. My TWU Local President is scared of me is the sell.

Screenshot_20180610-141200.jpg

How many Union organizers do you think are currently on Forums? I think those organizers looking to raid already established Unions in our industry should maybe crawl back under their rocks until the next Economic meltdown where they can once again use that as their motivation to gain pickings off peoples emotions.
Probably not a whole lot Weaazz, the only reason I said that is because people that think they will get AMFA at American is nothing more than a pipe dream. The IAM know if they did their pension and medical are gone. The TWU side just want their pre bankruptcy contract back. And as long as AMFA has taken at SWA , with a healthy company , you have pretty much told , they would take forever at American. Heck we even have guys talking about representation change at SWA, but who knows where that would go. That's why I said the only union that would have a snow ball chance in hell, would be the Teamsters. Have a great Sunday! :)

Back