Equity

The Quote button is not working today for some reason. This is cut and paste from FWAAA's post on page 1 of this thread. (I hope.)

IIRC, the APFA would receive 3% of the new equity. At the current share price, that would be about $350 million worth of new stock, to be divided among the ~15,000 APFA members, or an average of about $23,000 each. IIRC, W-2 earnings are the big factor in allocating the stock, so the more you flew in the relevant time frame, the more you'll get.
Well, assuming the next distribution is equal to or greater than the initial distribution, you are pretty much on target. My initial distribution is 187 shares with a value (this morning) between $4500 and $5000. Mine is a little below your estimate, but as I said earlier, I don't fly high time and earnings are a major factor in the calculation.

I'm thinking villa in the south of France when I sell. :lol:

FWAAA said:

We were both low - AAL opened at $23.95/sh today.   
My shares were deposited into my account at $22.55...why the difference?

AANOTOK said:
My shares were deposited into my account at $22.55...why the difference?
That was Friday's closing price of LCC, and the new AAL replaced it before the market opened today.   New AAL closed today at $24.60, so if you still own your stock,  you made $2/sh today (not a bad percentage increase).   

That was Friday's closing price of LCC, and the new AAL replaced it before the market opened today.   New AAL closed today at $24.60, so if you still own your stock,  you made $2/sh today (not a bad percentage increase).
No we didn't, because that $@ will deducted in shares in 120 days if it stays there. The more it goes up the more shares we lose. We end up owning less of the company the more it goes up.

Gotta say, don't think Horton had this many millionaires in his regime.

http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/

Parker receives $15.4 million in restricted stock grants

New chief executive Doug Parker told employees that his compensation will be determined by the board of directors in January and said he would request his total compensation be at least 15 percent below the CEOs at Delta Air Lines and United Airlines.
“I won’t be paid as much as my peers at Delta and United until you are,” Parker said.
On Monday, Parker was given 626,637 shares of restricted stock that based on the closing price are worth $15.4 million. However, the stock cannot be sold immediately.
Fifty percent of the shares will vest on December 16, 2015 and if the carrier has received its single operating certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration, another 25 percent will vest on that date. If they have not received their certificate by that 25 percent will vest on the certificate date or December 9, 2016, whichever comes first. The remaining 25 percent will vest when the board determines that $1 billion in merger synergies have been achieved for fiscal year 2015 and fiscal year 2016.
Several executives at the former US Airways were also given stock grants with the same restrictions as Parker’s grants. The stock was awarded in return for the executives waiving contract terms that would have allowed them to resign from American and receive large severance packages that could have been worth more than the stock award given on Monday.
President Scott Kirby received 447,598 shares worth approximately $11 million while chief operating officer Robert Isom received 313,318 shares worth $7.7 million. Chief financial officer Derek Kerr and executive vice presidents Steve Johnson and Elise Eberwein all received 268,559 shares worth $6.6 million.

Bob Owens said:
No we didn't, because that $@ will deducted in shares in 120 days if it stays there. The more it goes up the more shares we lose. We end up owning less of the company the more it goes up.
If the value to the company was 1 dollar with two outstanding shares at 50 cents each, and you owned one, you would own 50 percent of the company. If the price of the stock went to a dollar, you would still own 50 percent of the company. We will end up owning less of the company when we start selling our shares. Until then, we own 4.8 percent regardless of how much it goes up.

Well, it's starting to make sense to me (I hope). The E-Pays statement says that the stock award was over $6000 value with taxes (Income, FICA, Medicare) amounting to not quite 33%. For a net value of what was shown in the Computershare (?) section. What was really confusing is the Computershare record does not state anywhere that the value and # of shares is net after taxes. Nor, does the Epays statement show a number of shares pre- or post- taxes, just a gross value and the total for the taxes.

You can find your total shares before taxes on the computer share site. It also shows your net shares, which is what most people find only. You need to look at the whole site. Click on the awards and grant section. That will give you all the answers you have been looking for. Also, there is a number set up by APFA to the company that did this for us. I think they are called BMC. Either way they are avbl to answer questions for the next 2 weeks. The number was on a mailer from AA and also on a separate APFA email only about the number.

http://twu514.org/blog/2013/12/11/mou-pay-increase-to-be-reflected-in-december-20th-paycheck/
We reached out to payroll and they informed us that the new rate of pay as reflected in Jetnet will be visible on Thursday, Dec. 12th. As previously communicated the actual pay increase will be reflected in the Dec. 20th paycheck for Weekly and Biweekly Title I/II/III/V/ MCTs and Sim Techs retroactive to Dec. 9th. For Dispatch it will be reflected on 12/27/13 paycheck and Instructors on 12/31/13. All retroactive to December 9th, 2013

Back