Eurocopter Greases Palms

"...And in this case I have to agree 407 driver..." Bullet, are you saying that you normally don't agree? ;) :D

of course you know i'll differ...it's in my nature. :D

But it sounds like another disgruntled employee, one that shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. I think we still have a few of those types kicking around here as we speak. :D

I've enjoyed working on all aircraft I'm endorsed on, but you can't blame me for being more loyal to my present employer. I'll defend what I feel are poor judgements, but I also respect everyone elses personal views regardless.

407D, the stirring isn't really getting to me yet, just a wedgie...been trying to wriggle it free all day... :blink:

407 Driver:

That's exactly what I said...I think?? :rolleyes:

It's not that you are necessarily wrong in anything you post, or anyother driver for that matter. It's just that...well you are just another driver. Pounding my machines on the ground, over torqueing the SOB, fatiguing the frakin lift link and the MGB mount adapter, over coning my freakin blades, slamming the pillow blocks, over spreading the freakin skids...... o.k I feel much better now! :(

Nah, you know the routine, drivers know stuff, just not as much as wrenchbenders!! :D :D

Mag;

U could be correct re: the disgrunted type. I would be incline to believe it was a wise investment dicision on his part. I know he's sold both machines, because I had to re-do some of the repairs he had embodied on one.

But then agai, I haven't worked in the factory down that way and don't know exactly what the condition/s are. I hace worked with those type/s before, it's like working with a 100 pound weight on yer back. :down:

Your point concerning loyalty is noted, and I do appreciate your position. I would not expect to see it any other way! :D :D

December 3, 2003

HILL COY ON HELICOPTER-RORT CLAIM

By Mark Forbes
Defence Correspondent
Canberra

Defence Minister Robert Hill has avoided questions about the alleged rorting of a $5 billion tender to provide new military helicopters.

A full investigation has been ordered into claims that the bid was rigged in favour of the giant Sikorsky corporation, Senator Hill told parliament yesterday.

The investigation by the Inspector General of Defence was initiated after a senior scientist complained he was repeatedly pressured to skew the bid assessment to favour Sikorsky's Black Hawk helicopter over a rival. The claims were backed by the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), according to aerospace magazine Flight International.

:rolleyes: :wacko: :shock: :down:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/...0351581341.html

As the world turns...

I guess we can be glad that our government isn't the only one involved in these types of affairs. Maybe we'll soon find out EH industries is doing some under the table work too and then they can all be grouped as one again. Level playing fields are always the best to play on.
I can't wait until Robinson comes up with a piston to compete with the big boys. Heck why not outfit our frigates with 112 R-22's that way every soul on board has his own ride. A two for one sale with a condo in Hawaii thrown in.

I bet we wouldn't even need to modify the hangers for them either. :up:

GO TEAM ROBINSON!!!!!

it's coming 407, it's coming....

I've got your nice new B3 all ready, it's being painted right now. We decided to paper mache all the bills all over the aircraft, let them dry, and are just finishing the clearcoat. Whenever you need the money, just rub with a bit of MEK and the suckers should peel right off. If you have difficulty doing that, just plunk the whole aircraft into a small lake while bucketing and they should all slip right off and float to the surface. And don't worry, the tailboom has the 'battery' mod which in your aircraft was modified to carry a keg.

Typical Government BS. Rumor going around that they now want to privatize the Helicopter portion of their fleet. The RCMP have approached various operators for initial costs to take it over.

In respect to the AstarB3's.......The RCMP need them like a moose needs a hat rack! Talk about going after a fly with a baseball bat, a wee bit of overkill methinks.

good thing then that the 407 lost the 'competition'

If you think a B3 was overkill, then surely 407D would agree that his brand would have been way over the top. :up:

Of course, you both fail to mention that the 407 power is actually USEABLE under your normal Ops. All of that superior 350B3 power is unusable, unless you are at a very high altitude or constantly slinging, both of which the GRC's rarely do. That darn old 4961 AUW is a real kicker hey? You could probably save some money by selling those unused B3 guages and installing old 350B guages, after all, have you ever reached 83%Q?
You'd actually be just as well off with a B2 with an internal load...or should I dare say BETTER off? due to the lower EW???

How's that NB mountian flying comming along Longranger er Eurocopper? ;) :D I still have that 10,600' pinacle work waiting for your sparky boys up here if you're interested?? The central AB boys have one site just over 11,000 also. We didn't need a B3 there, we used a 206B3 on last trip in ;) :D :D

I'm still in shock by' from being in Penticton the other week....lard jese... hills, I'm not sure how I flew with me eyes closed for 3 hours!! :blink: You can keep your 10,600 footer to yourself thank you :shock: , I'll stick to my 2,354 footer in the northern rock cuts of NB!! Can't go there any time the altimeter setting is above 29.92 though, severe nose bleeds!!

Anyways, I'm happy to drive whatever they buy, beggars can't be choosers.

Back