Extension of CARES act less likely

Who cares? You asked when was the last time anyone actually mailed a letter, I replied I recently received a package via USPS. Of course I was not the sender but SOMEONE sent it. That was my point.

Well, you proved that reading isn't your strong point. I said "mail a letter", you said you "received a package".

Delivering mail once a week could have unintended consequences. First the USPS distributes the mail almost daily, if they only did it once a week it may cause issues with storage and distribution.

I'd bet over half the PO's in the country could process a week's worth of non-parcel mail into carrier routes on a single day, especially if junk mail were eliminated.

We all hate junk mail (the bread and butter of USPS) but, that junk mail generates wealth for companies or they wouldn't send it, it generates business for the printers and paper manufactures, and distribution of junk mail creates jobs. Junk mail is actually good for the economy if not bad for the environment.

Amazing. You're the first person I've ever seen advocating for junk mail. Ours goes straight into the recycle bin.

USPS could probably balance it's budget overnight if they went to a paid model where people paid $2 a month to eliminate junk mail.

This is the fourth bill introduced and Pelosi will say she was setup again.
OK. Thx for the correction.
So the 4th time the Republicans have tried to bring an extension to the American people and the Pelosi and crew keep destroying the efforts. Everyone is watching and will remember. Yea, set up again when in reality that salon owner was calling her out for not follow protocol and the rules because she thinks she is special. Even making statement that you were set up actually indicates admission, you were caught on video doing something wrong and not following the rules and regs set by her; Hmmmmm...

Is this a "standalone" separate bill? I'm surprised they (the Senate - and do they have the votes since some of their "libertarian" members do not want any additional spending at all) would do that, since airline help was in the House "Heroes Act" which no movement was done. Can President Trump get the republicans in the Senate in line to get a deal done?

Just asking...........
Republicans are already on board and in line to support an extension as well as Trump supporting and waiting for one. It's Pelosi and crew holding the extension from becoming reality (the democrats). They are demanding too much on an agenda to try and purposely over budget to increase the debt while Trump is at the helm. They are also demanding to keep the 600 over state unemployment, should be more like 300 and slowly weened off of it. They are also demanding funds for all the rioting cities t where they destroyed businesses and infrastructure to rebuild and make the taxpayers pay for it, no way. They destroyed their cities by them let them live in the filth they brought onto themselves.

• Republicans are already on board and in line to support an extension as well as Trump supporting and waiting for one. It's Pelosi and crew holding the extension from becoming reality (the democrats). They are demanding too much on an agenda to try and purposely over budget to increase the debt while Trump is at the helm. They are also demanding to keep the 600 over state unemployment, should be more like 300 and slowly weened off of it. They are also demanding funds for all the rioting cities t where they destroyed businesses and infrastructure to rebuild and make the taxpayers pay for it, no way. They destroyed their cities by them let them live in the filth they brought onto themselves.
    Republicans are already on board and in line to support an extension as well as Trump supporting and waiting for one. It's Pelosi and crew holding the extension from becoming reality (the democrats). They are demanding too much on an agenda to try and purposely over budget to increase the debt while Trump is at the helm. They are also demanding to keep the 600 over state unemployment, should be more like 300 and slowly weened off of it. They are also demanding funds for all the rioting cities t where they destroyed businesses and infrastructure to rebuild and make the taxpayers pay for it, no way. They destroyed their cities by them let them live in the filth they brought onto themselves.

Well, you proved that reading isn't your strong point. I said "mail a letter", you said you "received a package".
I was not trying to prove anything. My reading comprehension is just fine. That was simply my most recent transaction with the post office.

I'd bet over half the PO's in the country could process a week's worth of non-parcel mail into carrier routes on a single day, especially if junk mail were eliminated.
Again that is where USPS makes their money these days. I rather doubt they are motivated to get rid of it. Second you would have to legally define what is "junk mail". Third denying mail of any type may be a Constitutional violation, not sure about that one.

Amazing. You're the first person I've ever seen advocating for junk mail. Ours goes straight into the recycle bin.
As does ours. I was not advocating for junk mail however, it cannot be denied that eliminating it would have an economic impact. Intellectually you know that to be true.

At this point I think you are arguing just to keep yourself entertained.

USPS could probably balance it's budget overnight if they went to a paid model where people paid $2 a month to eliminate junk mail.
First off I am pretty sure there are legalities with that. Beyond that there is most certainly a "compliance" cost (it would grind processing to a halt). Finally there are privacy concerns, as they have to identify what is junk mail to eliminate it. I think from a practicality standpoint this is not feasible.

The biggest flaw with your suggestion is I am sure the post office makes more than 2 dollars a month per person off of junk mail.........

You guys crack me up. When's the last time anyone actually mailed a letter?

Last week for me.

We've had the same checkbook for five years, which means we haven't written more than 40 checks in that timeframe. I suspect we haven't even bought 40 stamps because a bunch of those checks were handed to contractors or sent to school with one of the kids.

I think my water bill is the last bill I write a check for, and that's only because my city charges a "convenience fee" for paying online.

Oh, and Amazon's last mile service is amazing. I haven't seen the USPS deliver for Amazon in over 18 months. Its almost exclusively Amazon branded vans with the occasional UPS thats drop shipped directly from a manufacturer.

My carrier's van is routinely packed with Amazon boxes. We just had an Amazon "last mile" facility open very close to us, so it'll be interesting to see if that changes.

eBay isn't sending out packages via USPS. Sellers are. Big difference between them and Amazon...

+1 here.

Anecdotal, but I've sent dozens of things out this summer via Ebay. All have been via USPS.

USPS might be a necessary evil, but is daily home delivery still critical?

I think it is, depending on what you're receiving.

People can opt out for free right now. There are also paid options (Paper Karma, etc.). That's what I've done. The truth is, a lot of people like getting that Lands End catalog...

OK. Thx for the correction.
So the 4th time the Republicans have tried to bring an extension to the American people and the Pelosi and crew keep destroying the efforts. Everyone is watching and will remember. Yea, set up again when in reality that salon owner was calling her out for not follow protocol and the rules because she thinks she is special. Even making statement that you were set up actually indicates admission, you were caught on video doing something wrong and not following the rules and regs set by her; Hmmmmm...
I read an article this morning whereas 3 Republican senators blocked the airline aid. Toomey and Rick Scott blocked it. I'll see if I can find that link

Senator Pat Toomey is screwing airline workers! I just got this report from United Airlines.

UA Gov Affairs person on Town Hall just named Senator Toomey (PA) and Senator Scott (FL) as the ones who held up a unanimous consent motion in the senate yesterday to move the psp bill forward.

ALL PA IAM members Get on the phone now and call Pat Toomey's office and tell him to stop blocking the PSP Bill..

This is what I was able find on a FB page I belong to

That's the ticket... facebook...

USPS is a necessity for certified return receipt... do it all the time for letters that need proof of delivery.

Reactions: robbedagain
You do realize unanimous consent means passing something without a vote, right? You think that's a good thing? Lots of bad laws have been passed that way...

All that Scott, Toomey and Paul did is ask for a vote. They want people on record. Not unreasonable.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTex
Meanwhile Pelosi and the Democrats are proposing 2.4 trillion aid which would include airlines.

UAL n AA both intend to tap the Treasury department loans and B6 will decide very soon

You might want to wait to see what strings are attached first.
Indeed. Wait and see all the fine print. If there is more strings I wouldn't put it pass Southwest to reject any assistance since they are in the best shape out of all the airlines. I've been out of the news for the last few days so thx for the updates...

Latest posts