Extension of CARES act less likely

Bears, again you contribute nothing of value, not even entertainment.

I’ve been saying for months the likelihood of a second round of assistance was slim, and that there’s not much of an appetite or desire/need for anyone in Congress to be pushing for airline relief.

It’s not going to generate support for Republicans from airline employees, and now that Trump seems to have taken a personal interest in airline relief, I doubt the Dems want to give any appearance of a victory to him.

Not a conspiracy. It’s an opinion. You might want to learn the difference.

And now, something other then Facebook or Twitter , Brietbart, Fox for a news feed:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/the-600-unemployment-boost-has-ended-whats-next.html

The tension comes from some recipients being able to collect more from unemployment benefits than they earned from their jobs.

Republicans have unified against the $600 weekly enhancement, believing it to be a disincentive to return to work and therefore a drag on the economic recovery.

Democrats want to extend the payments, saying they pump money into the economy and help American families pay their bills. The House passed legislation in May to extend them through early 2021.

The liberals and Democrats don't believe in God. Remember they left the word God out of the pledge of allegiance at the virtual DNC.

I don't know WHERE/WHY you guys come up with ALL this RELIGIOUS BULL-CHIT' when talking about ' GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS ' !!

You don't mix water and Oil, do you ?

Then STOP mixing Religion and Politics !!

(Something I LEARNED early in SCHOOL/ THOMAS JEFFERSON ) !

And now, something other then Facebook or Twitter , Brietbart, Fox for a news feed:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/the-600-unemployment-boost-has-ended-whats-next.html

The tension comes from some recipients being able to collect more from unemployment benefits than they earned from their jobs.

Republicans have unified against the $600 weekly enhancement, believing it to be a disincentive to return to work and therefore a drag on the economic recovery.

Democrats want to extend the payments, saying they pump money into the economy and help American families pay their bills. The House passed legislation in May to extend them through early 2021.

The Rep. offered a compromise of 300-400 weekly, not 600 where most are being paid more than they were earning so why wouldn't they all just stay on unemployment for as long as they can. The Dems refused to even budge a little therefore blocking any agreement from getting extension. Reps encourage building the economy and the Dems are clearly trying to keep the economy where it is and actually hopes it will get worse before the election in order to try and make Trump look bad. The games they play with peoples lives has got to stop. They will get replaced when the time comes.

I had an uber driver the other day that is a surgical nurse laid off because of no elective surgeries, she is just now getting ready to go back to work, she said with the extra unemployment and uber she actual made more money and worked way less and wasn't particularly excited to go back to work. That's a real issue to overcome for a recover to happen.

I don't know WHERE/WHY you guys come up with ALL this RELIGIOUS BULL-CHIT' when talking about ' GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS ' !!

You don't mix water and Oil, do you ?

Then STOP mixing Religion and Politics !!

(Something I LEARNED early in SCHOOL/ THOMAS JEFFERSON ) !

Huh, it's not freedom FROM religion, Bears. It's the freedom to exercise religion.

If some of us choose to intertwine the two, that's our God given right.

If a business is worried about getting workers back off of UI, they were underpaying them.

Cute attempt, but for a part time worker getting 20-30 hours a week, that $2400 a month came out to around $20-30 an hour.

Nobody's paying that kind of money in the restaurant industry. Not even the managers make that.

My son works as an expediter and bar-back, and got the full $600 while the Governor kept things closed. He chose to go back to work immediately, and forego the extra money. Most of the legal kitchen and dining room staff didn't.

Some employers started reporting folks who didn't return, and as they lost their UI, they started coming back.

How did politics get into this thread. I get that while both parties are to blame for the failed cars act. But does anyone believe that there cld be a miracle by end of September...which could be a way to prevent furloughs? I know for dca we are going down to 30 flights a day for month of October. wonder if they'll give us that 5th day off w pay similar to the spring time when we had it

Cute attempt, but for a part time worker getting 20-30 hours a week, that $2400 a month came out to around $20-30 an hour.

Nobody's paying that kind of money in the restaurant industry. Not even the managers make that.

My son works as an expediter and bar-back, and got the full $600 while the Governor kept things closed. He chose to go back to work immediately, and forego the extra money. Most of the legal kitchen and dining room staff didn't.

Some employers started reporting folks who didn't return, and as they lost their UI, they started coming back.
Don't forget they receive state unemployment as well.

Latest posts