F/A Secondary Lines for May-AFA Labor thread title edited

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlleghenyVista

Advanced
Nov 30, 2006
Does anyone know why there were only 334 sec lines for flight attendants for May? With all the international flights back and the return of PHL-PDX and SMF flights I was hoping for more. There are always close to 400 lines every May. The amount of open time even after sec lines were constructed is still amazing.

Moderator note:
I'm going to let this stand as the new US AFA labor thread. Again be advised only moderators are to start labor threads. Thank you.

This is absolutely insane. Wait....just WAIT and see how this unfolds. Whoever did this is really going to have some explaining to do. Well as in the other thread....it wil be the employees (flight attendants) fault. :rolleyes: Ya know beachboy, even if we were to email them we'd only hear smack anyway. It's pointless. 334 G'damn likes for May with all that international starting up. Unreal. :rolleyes:

Heard they didn't have to or weren't planning a "bid" for TLV on the pilot side, as they figured they were a little fat on 330 pilots...........just wait...

Hell, all PHL will need is a day of thunder storms and a few int'l recrews and there will be absolutely NOBODY to work. Talk about asking for trouble. Just look at all of that open time for May. My gosh. :blink:

Hmmmm..maybe this summer we might actually see some Reserves calling O/T? Hope crew scheduling knows how to process that! Its been ages since a reserve has called out of time!

All I have to say is, "brothers and sisters you best have your contract sitting under your phone". Get ready for the abuse and violations out the wazoo. I WILL NOT be treated as if I wear tights and a cape like I'm Super Stew. Start reading and REreading your reserve section NOW. Violations are made to the f/a contract on a good day so just wait and see this summer. Get ready for your int'l recrews. :rolleyes:

Is the alternative better? Opening up PHL for 300 people to transfer in to cover the seasonal flying then everyone who could of held a line for the season will possibly still be on reserve. What happens when the seasonal flying is gone, now PHL is overstaffed by hundreds again for the winter you will have 1000 people on reserve. Can anyone come up with a good solution to this seasonal staffing problem?

Is the alternative better? Opening up PHL for 300 people to transfer in to cover the seasonal flying then everyone who could of held a line for the season will possibly still be on reserve. What happens when the seasonal flying is gone, now PHL is overstaffed by hundreds again for the winter you will have 1000 people on reserve. Can anyone come up with a good solution to this seasonal staffing problem?
I've heard that they will offer another extended leave this Fall.

To me the solution would be to allow more secondary lines as many would be more inclined to fly their line as opposed to being stuck on reserve. Last year we had recalls to offset the increased flying but not the case this year. Also the other bases namely DCA seem to have a staffing issue where 24 days of March trips were sent to PHL to cover. For April it has been EVERY day. So when reserves start to get worked to death how will they pull from PHL? CLT is already short. It all boils down to a broken system with patched potholes. All the company will have to do is look to themselves for the error and disaster which is sure to occur.

Part of the reason they're short has to do with virtually all the people the recalled last year quitting. Who's going to stay for $19/hour and deal with the crappy reserve system. People need to eat and pay bills which is impossible on the payscale. There are some reserves who fly on their days off but that's not a life for most people...the whole point of having a day off is to be away from work!!
This whole scheduling and reserve system doesn't work. They need to come up with something better. No matter how much I try I can't understand why we wouldn't be able to do something like Delta does. They are twice our size yet they manage to make their reserve and scheduling work...the employees also seem happy with being able to manage their own schedule and have some semblance of a life.

Well considering we're "me-too'd" to the front end and the union has NO plans on dropping that it will stay this way for a long time. Look for improvements to your new contract when we vote on it in 2025. :rolleyes: Until then what we see is what we'll get. Nice huh? Don't seperate from the pilots....do you know what that would DOOOOOOO? Run for your lives, the sky is falling. :lol:

Well considering we're "me-too'd" to the front end and the union has NO plans on dropping that it will stay this way for a long time. Look for improvements to your new contract when we vote on it in 2025. :rolleyes: Until then what we see is what we'll get. Nice huh? Don't seperate from the pilots....do you know what that would DOOOOOOO? Run for your lives, the sky is falling. :lol:

Maybe our f/a's will finally have had enough and will say no more ME SCREWED TOO!!!

Seriously, I understand the reasoning behind wanting to stay with the "me-too" issues but HOW? With all of the banging of pots and pans HOW will the f/a group ever finish a contract? I again understand the severity of the pilot issue and am not simply saying "turn your back on the pilots" but the issue is theirs. We need a contract ratified to improve the life of all flight attendants. It's just not going to happen. The issue with secondary lines and time being removed from bases wouldn't have as big an impact if we were separate. Pilot time goes.....flight attendant time goes. It's silly. Now we see ourselves sitting here with 334 secondary lines for May when it certainly should have been closer to 400. Bring people back, furlough them in the fall, offer VF's, shift people around...blah blah blah. The system is broken, out of date and hurting people. PERIOD! ! ! ! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts