F/A Secondary Lines for May-AFA Labor thread title edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to see that AFA 66 is going to resume there Section 6 negotiation . The probability of anything coming together as a unit is not going to happen. I give them all a lot of credit you begin to die when nothing is accomplished. USAirways is a lawless environment agents ,pilots ,flight attendants will just look at you and kick you out of the way. I wish the best for our negotiators and do not take this personally

As usual on here an earth shattering move by the NMB gets burried when it deserves it's own topic. The mediation board has released former AWA F/A's into Section 6....wow. I thought hell they will never go for that. Even Flores said it was a long shot. Even they can see through this sham of a merger. We are with you PHX guys /gals and I have my lime green CHAOS shirt ready to support you. I will dust it off from 2000. I was handed my ticket "home" boarding an internatinal flight back on Britsh Airways when threatening CHAOS...and didn't blink. I stared Wolf down and I sure as hell will stare down Parker too. Take it to the mat! I bet you see them SCRAMBLE to get a merged agreement at this point.

Well, I tried but the thread was shut down within hours. Meanwhile, if anyone wants to discuss the vitally important subject of the PSA paint job, it's got it's own thread... so knock yourself out!

We were overjoyed in PHX when we got Cranberry Nut Mix back in first class. Imagine how we feel now with this NMB ruling!! LOL

In 1999(?) when we were ready to implement CHAOS, the company hired tons of new F/A's and had them sitting in hotels all around the system ready to staff flights when we walked. These kids were not dumb and I don't think any of them actually would have worked a flight if put in that position. It was literally hours before CHAOS when the company blinked and gave us a decent contract. Doug Parker was either president or VP and COO at the time, I can't remember which..but he was in the loop.

The level of frustration and anger is so much higher now. I hope the company doesn't back us in to a corner again and instead decides to bargain in good faith..cuz it won't be pretty. (I know, I know.. but a girl can dream can't she??)

This amazing move by the NMB may be just what we ALL need to get a joint contract. Thanks for the kind words of support.

Are they trying to wait to merge the F/A's until they finally merge the Pilot's? I can't understand if the planes are running through each others hubs, then there should be no reason why the F/A's can't fly with a East or West Pilot group. Is there something in the East or West contract that would stop this? I would think by now, that they would of brought the planes up to identical standards for F/A's and would have no problem flying on each others 3-19/20/21's and 757's.

Much of our contract is tied to the pilots as we have a clause called "me too" to PROTECT us, but has actually HURT us. Our wuss f/a's are afraid to stand alone! With the piss poor attitudes with the pilots now over seniority, it would not be wise to subject the crews to such vile hatred PLUS the East is required to stay WITH the same pilots unless there is an a/c switch of a different type.

Why have they not trained the West F/A's on the 330, 190, and 76-200 yet? Or they won't even need to, till there is base swapping. If they can merge the contract for the F/A's, unless you tranfer bases then you should be qualifed on the basic make-up of the fleet and if say a person from PHX were to transfer to PHL, then they should be required to train on the 330, 767, and 190. If they stay in base then they are qualified on what is needed and used in the base. Is this possible?

We HAVE been trained.

Also, do you think alot of East F/A's will transfer to PHX once they can? Shorten the commute for the former PSA ladies and hold high time trips?

For those still here, I would say 60% will stay east...40% will head west.

The only way someone from an east base could transfer to a west best would be if the company opened up base transfer once we integrated. We can't just go around transferring and bumping people out of their base. There has to be actual openings.

FINALLY!

I have been saying for the last three years that the WEST was robbed of their rights. I knew that a reasonable court could not possibly miss the bad faith bargaining on the part of the company.

I truly believe that EAST F/As will do everything that they can to support you. GET MAD and GET YOURS!

Is the alternative better? Opening up PHL for 300 people to transfer in to cover the seasonal flying then everyone who could of held a line for the season will possibly still be on reserve. What happens when the seasonal flying is gone, now PHL is overstaffed by hundreds again for the winter you will have 1000 people on reserve. Can anyone come up with a good solution to this seasonal staffing problem?

Hmm maybe have a decent contract for all and to end this bull&&%** of a reserve system? other airlines have a rotation system where you are not on reserve for 20 years maybe that would be a start..

We all need to form an alliance heck we shut down PSA. When the mechanics went out we the Flight Attendants as TEAMSTERS honored there strike.Council 70 AFA need to form and have meetings once a month with the Local Philadelphia Elected Reps from USAPA. If they are not available invite another Council. There is so much information !!!!!! we will be blind sighted. Get the printed information out there when I was VP I had a writer that I would send my work to and I did not charge it to the Council and he would polish and reword some of my sentences. Do not make it so hard when people are hungry they become preditors. I ask AFA how much satisfaction do you gleem from your entitled positions? You can not make it so TOUGH. Why don't you ask others to help we are really a talented group
because as we all know knowledge is power. they dont want a bunch of informed f/a. Guess what?? that is what they have a bunch of f/a with no knowledge of contract and not giving a damm about it.

1.Have you ever worked for a carrier that did true long haul? Why don't we just wait until you fly it and get your thoughts. The notion is insane. I have and this staffing level is absurd.
2. This is an airplane, not a place of worship and that galley is too small for 3-4 people much less 10 standing in prayer. I know CO crews don't allow that.
3. I agree with the Lodo issue. It will be interesting to see how our girls interact with this translator. PS, same situation for the Greek ATH position, did they hire for that? NO. very odd.
4. Don't know.
I was at the class for our upcoming Tel-Aviv flight culture awareness. I must say that it’s all good that we did 4 hours on how to work the FAP. And about 10 minutes on security.
I was distracted by all the customer service and how not to interrupt a praying customer. Don’t get me wrong we need to be sensitive. However, who is watching my back? I don’t understand I am supposed to work a 13 hour flight (no crew bunk for me - I’m only doing all the work) I will be doing all the special meals and special greetings and being special sensitive…but who will help me (all f/a)? who will be on these flights? Air marshals?? With all the frightening and tension between the cultures. I cant sit next to him/her, religious or culture reason. Who will take care of the seat procedures? How many times people come on the flights with “I want to sit next to my child, the agent said you would take care of it) now it will be I’m not married to that person, or other reasons.

All I want to know is who will be watching our backs? Not the pilots they will be in their rest bunk. We were told in class for religious/culture reasons they may not talk to the females or give eye contact. We are not to deem that as suspicious. So the union is getting us extra protection, insurance since we cannot use the regular procedure? We as f/a are way too compliant and I as a reserve may not see TLV but someone needs to say something. As far as hiring an interperter well why pay a f/a when they (company) can go around the contract and hire someone else??

Does anyone know why there were only 334 sec lines for flight attendants for May? With all the international flights back and the return of PHL-PDX and SMF flights I was hoping for more. There are always close to 400 lines every May. The amount of open time even after sec lines were constructed is still amazing.

Moderator note:
I'm going to let this stand as the new US AFA labor thread. Again be advised only moderators are to start labor threads. Thank you.
How about changing the title?

It would be nice to be trained on the 330, 767, 190. Afterall, we are carrying around in our IEM all the same pages our East based FAs have for those aircraft. In addtion, our CBT (your workbook for recurrent) has sections covering each of those 3 aircraft. For someone who never has set foot on a 330, I have no clue where anything is on that aircraft...so why have us West FAs complete a study guide online for those aircraft...we just click the mouse and guess the answers..afterall, we have never been trained on it.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts