F/A Secondary Lines for May-AFA Labor thread title edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to tell you "IHeartflying", but you are wrong. When I went to Business First training they told us, that since our Silverwear and China have a cycle life of only two weeks, we board the brand new silverwear on the TLV flights. So the silverwear and China we use, has never been used by anyone when it is boarded on our aircraft. I never claimed to be a expert in Glatt Kosher or anything Kosher, I am not a jew. What I do know is what my airline provides and if you don't believe me, e-mail them and they will respond to you. I also never stated they had to be new, I only stated what we at Continental do. <_<

I'm sorry to tell you "IHeartflying", but you are wrong. When I went to Business First training they told us, that since our Silverwear and China have a cycle life of only two weeks, we board the brand new silverwear on the TLV flights. So the silverwear and China we use, has never been used by anyone when it is boarded on our aircraft. I never claimed to be a expert in Glatt Kosher or anything Kosher, I am not a jew. What I do know is what my airline provides and if you don't believe me, e-mail them and they will respond to you. I also never stated they had to be new, I only stated what we at Continental do. <_<

I am not wrong. You don't seem to be understanding the whole concept of Glatt Kosher. I'm Modern Orthodox and I know a thing or two about Kashrus. Continental may do that to their silverware but it has nothing to do with Glatt Kosher. Please don't confuse the two and pass on misinformation.

God we are fighting on here 3 months before the start, can we imagine the first month? Don't call me....where is ETOPS? Call him!

I never said it SPECIFICALLY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH GLATT KOSHER. I stated what WE DO at CAL and what WE FEED THE PEOPLE. IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU TO GRASP? If that confuses you, then maybe you should read more closely next time. Or are you offended over what I said said it's like to work TLV? You remind me of that nightmare moderator on Flightattendants.org that got offended because I called her "Honey" LOL.

Itestwell, yup! We use to have different sets of China and Silverwear for each flight and would cart them around in the belly of our planes to have them for the specific flight we needed them for. Due to fuel costs they stopped that and went to one specific type if China. Now it only has a life cycle of 2 weeks, so we have it on constant order and they always board it for TLV first, please don't confuse that like others with special meal needs. We also use Silverwear in coach on all meal flights to, so we go through a lot of it.

Ok guys, glat kosher is kosher but I would guess the puriest kind. The silverwear is BRAND NEW, and have never been used by another human and has to be that way.

I don't know where I got the crazy notion that you thought Glatt Kosher had anything to do with using new utensils that has never been used by another human...since it has to be that way.

I must be reading things that are not there.

Yes you are because I was still stating FACT, of what we provide for the flight and all of that is completely true. We provide silverwear that is brand new and has NEVER BEEN USED BY ANOTHER HUMAN and HAS TO BE THAT WAY, as per Continentals standards. As I said before, honey go right ahead and e-mail Continental and they will surely get back to you. I know what my airline provides and if you take notice there is a period after the GLATT KOSHER. Instead of attempting to correct what doesn't need to be corrected, you should of just stated what Glatt Kosher FOOD is. That would of taken care of the misconception in your head doll. In all reality it's really not that serious...

Tempe just does not learn from anything does it? This could end up being worse than Tower Air!

If I were them, I'd fully staff the sucker for the first month, and then go from there. As far as the kosher food issue, they really should follow CO's lead and cater it full with kosher meals. I don't know what DL does. The prayer issue is a delicate one, and won't be as bad as you think. 10 minutes in the evening and maybe 15 in the morning IF they can a minyan (10 men). There are also some who will stand the entire trip from the time the seat-belt sign goes off to descent. The comment on the seating issues is spot on. It took almost an hour to board the LY flight from JFK-TLV when I went, and it was a 777. (There's a trip report I wrote on anet in 2007 http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/t...ead.main/99826)

I honestly think that US will not be getting the orthodox fliers that CO and LY get simply because they fly from NYC. There just isn't the number of orthodox in the Philly metro area as compared to NYC. I know there are hundreds of connection cities, but many groups, especially Birthright, regardless of price, insist on flying LY. Now they have the AA codeshare. I honestly think that the US flight will end up with the clientele that DL gets on the ATL-TLV, some orthodox, but mostly more liberal sects and non-jews.

Yes you are because I was still stating FACT, of what we provide for the flight and all of that is completely true. We provide silverwear that is brand new and has NEVER BEEN USED BY ANOTHER HUMAN and HAS TO BE THAT WAY, as per Continentals standards. As I said before, honey go right ahead and e-mail Continental and they will surely get back to you. I know what my airline provides and if you take notice there is a period after the GLATT KOSHER. Instead of attempting to correct what doesn't need to be corrected, you should of just stated what Glatt Kosher FOOD is. That would of taken care of the misconception in your head doll. In all reality it's really not that serious...

Didn't I state what Glatt kosher food entails? You made it seem as if it's a necessary proponent for never used utensils. I'm really not sure why you're having such difficulty grasping this. What CO does is there own thing and has nothing to do with the laws of kashrus. You made it seem as if it was necessary. I simply corrected your misconception of that detail. I'm sure I'm not the only one that saw your error. It's ok to say you may have misunderstand and then just let it go and use this opportunity as a way to educate yourself. I don't need to email CO about anything. I understand my religion very well and it's dietary laws.

Didn't I state what Glatt kosher food entails? You made it seem as if it's a necessary proponent for never used utensils. I'm really not sure why you're having such difficulty grasping this. What CO does is there own thing and has nothing to do with the laws of kashrus. You made it seem as if it was necessary. I simply corrected your misconception of that detail. I'm sure I'm not the only one that saw your error. It's ok to say you may have misunderstand and then just let it go and use this opportunity as a way to educate yourself. I don't need to email CO about anything. I understand my religion very well and it's dietary laws.

And I believe you just summed up how much fun this route is going to be.

Egads.

Still no e-line from the union. I guess they must be busy handling all the no-commutes from PIT yesterday.

OK John McCorkle....it is now 12 noon and there is STILL no E-line. You are the biggest disgrace to hit the streets since the AMC Pacer. You are starting to make the former Local 70 president Laura Albert look good. At least she'd throw an E-line out there or have someone else in the office do it for her. You should be ashamed of yourself. You remind me of someone locked up in the tower believing they are King and doing what is best for the villagers as they throw flaming torches at the castle. You will NEVER get reelected. You are ticking off people that voted you in simply by word of mouth. YOUR DONE. :angry:

OK, it's time to check the side of your milk cartons or call the witness protection program. The union is indeed among the missing.

Still no e-line.

Well in all fairness it isn't the union as much as it's John McCorkle. As for Omar, Dan, Rick and Grace....they can only do an E-line with HIS approval or delegation. The relationship inside that office between John and the rest is ANYTHING but friendly. I'm sure we'll see a doozie of an E-line then his communication will fall off a cliff again. Ya know, what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is this E-line we're waiting for is only being composed because of complaints. He honestly feels he doesn't have to communicate to the membership. Don't believe me? Give him a call and ask him why he doesn't do E-lines. Ask him what he feels about the PHL based flight attendants. Ya know, being needy basically pains in the arse. Enjoy your term while you can brother because your days are NUMBERED. His fan base is certainly dwindling. Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc..... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.