F/A TA agreement

ContUNITEus

Veteran
May 4, 2011
I just saw that United Airlines already has come up with a TA for it's F/As. So I say: "WTF?"

This goes to show you the AWA scumbags that run US Airways. How can it be possible that a company that had two different F/A unions is able to come up with a unified contract within two years of merging? This shows how uninterested the folks at US Airways were in providing for their employees and it show that it was just a matter of the ill will of AWA's management that still to this date - 7 years after the merger - there is no TA on the table. Granted that they are close to finalizing one, but come - on, (7 years?) ...when others fixed the issue within a year or two?

Again, to describe management at US from Doug all the way down to Barb and all the rest in Labor relations... "SCUMBAGS"

I thought it was because the FAs were waiting for something to do with the pilots and "me too" clause? All the other groups got the job done years ago.

The original UA was in section 6 negotiations yes? This t/a is with the former or original UA flight attendants so wouldn't they have to still negotiate a joint contract with the former Continental flight attendants. If memory serves me I believe it wasn't that long ago that CO reached an agreement with their flight attendants. That said, isn't it nice that the NMB allowed UA to finish their negotiations to reach an agreement but wouldn't allow the former HP flight attendants? I sure hope the US flight attendants can reach an agreement soon.

This is only for the Pre Merger UA FA's .Not the combined company. They still have a long way to go for that to happen .

I'm not sure that the NMB had much to do with the decision at US, for either the FA's or pilots. I've always thought it was just common sense to use the time to negotiate a combined contract rather than a separate west (and now east) contract and then starting on the joint contract. Of course, I don't think anyone at the time had any idea that 6 years later there'd still be no joint contract. If that little tidbit had been known back in 2006 things might have been decided differently.

Jim

So more proof the bash US Airways crowd is full of it!
Not really...just a small disagreement on how much the NMB had to do with the decision to pursue a joint contract vs separate HP contract then joint contract. I think it's pretty obvious which the company preferred - one negotiation for a joint contract to keep from raising the bar any first.

Jim

The NMB forced the America West flight attendants to negotiate a joint contract when they were almost finished with their negotiations. It's in the best interest to finish YOUR OWN contract so you can negotiate a new one off of that. The company won BIG on that one. The union wanted to finish negotiations but again the NMB said NO. Good for the United and Continental flight attendants for achieving their own contracts to negotiate from.

My bad about thinking that it was a combined contract. I remember recently reading about the CO contract being finalized; totally forgot about it. So I guess that this one is the United separate contract that was in negotiations prior to the merger.

Nevertheless, I think that it speaks volumes that United would go ahead and finish what it started prior to any merger plans. The way that United did this shows an absolute: "Let's not do it the way US Airways did it."

I also think that US Airways F/A's are closer to reaching a final contract only because it really does look that bad on the company's portfolio what they have done to their workforce, especially the AWA F/A group. However, if they could continue this trend without it reeking so much, they totally would. At this point, having the AWA F/As sitting on a 12 year expired contract really does reflect badly on the company, so they are only putting an effort in because everyone else that has merged since is showing that it can be done differently, if there is a will from management.

My bad about thinking that it was a combined contract. I remember recently reading about the CO contract being finalized; totally forgot about it. So I guess that this one is the United separate contract that was in negotiations prior to the merger.

Nevertheless, I think that it speaks volumes that United would go ahead and finish what it started prior to any merger plans. The way that United did this shows an absolute: "Let's not do it the way US Airways did it."

I also think that US Airways F/A's are closer to reaching a final contract only because it really does look that bad on the company's portfolio what they have done to their workforce, especially the AWA F/A group. However, if they could continue this trend without it reeking so much, they totally would. At this point, having the AWA F/As sitting on a 12 year expired contract really does reflect badly on the company, so they are only putting an effort in because everyone else that has merged since is showing that it can be done differently, if there is a will from management.

US F/A's will have something to vote on soon! I expect by mid Febuary

As much as I stay away from this dope website now, I must comment. Has nothing to do with UA saying, "Let's not do it the way USAirways did it". The NMB recessed HP's Sec 6 when the merger was announced, in favor of a ' joint' contract. Six+ years later, UA was allowed, by the NMB, to continue towards a single agreement with Expedited Mediation. The difference? Simply an NMB under Obama, as opposed to an NMB under Bush.

Thank you, Obama, for your labor friendly appointment to the NMB.

Had nothing to do with airlines or unions, as much as you wish it did. It was the NMB's decision. Period.

US F/A's will have something to vote on soon! I expect by mid Febuary
Let's hope, as long as they don't screw with the East's scope. Tempe wants it, hardcore. Deal breaker 101. FA scope never stopped a merger in the last 30 years, but now they need it. Land grab. Recess us for years before scope is touched, or even fingered. It is FAR from a done deal, just FYI. Glad that the majority of FAs (East and West) are on board with that.

ALPA/ USAPA/ whatever, gave enough away; we stewardesses have to try and save the rest, as we have been trying to do for the last six+ friggin' years. Keep fighting the good fight, JNC. IAM and ALPA gave enough jobs away on this property; let's try and keep what little is left, AFA.

Why do the flight attendants always have to act all butch?

Let's hope, as long as they don't screw with the East's scope. Tempe wants it, hardcore. Deal breaker 101. FA scope never stopped a merger in the last 30 years, but now they need it. Land grab. Recess us for years before scope is touched, or even fingered. It is FAR from a done deal, just FYI. Glad that the majority of FAs (East and West) are on board with that.

ALPA/ USAPA/ whatever, gave enough away; we stewardesses have to try and save the rest, as we have been trying to do for the last six+ friggin' years. Keep fighting the good fight, JNC. IAM and ALPA gave enough jobs away on this property; let's try and keep what little is left, AFA.

Why do the flight attendants always have to act all butch?

I believe we will have a TA sooner than later. Scope will probably be preserved

Back