F/A TA agreement

it may not be risk free, but, I believe that everyone who has engaged in the process and used CHAOS or threatened to use it, got IMPROVEMENTS to their t/a agreements.
At this point CHaos is a mute point.... we have a t/a... Chaos would only have happened in the cooling off period... when the Railway Labor Act says we are free to strike..
Chaos is a STRIKE.... nothing more....

not happing now... unless the t/a is voted down... but then if that happens we go back to the table. Not Chaos... the only time we were almost going to Chaos is, our last contract
and at midnight
when we were free to strike, an agreement was reached... so it never happened.

At this point CHaos is a mute point.... we have a t/a... Chaos would only have happened in the cooling off period... when the Railway Labor Act says we are free to strike..

not happing now... unless the t/a is voted down... but then if that happens we go back to the table. Not Chaos... the only time we were almost going to Chaos is, our last contract
and at midnight
"mute point..."?

:lol:

Been on off days a while. What are some of the sticky points for the F/A's? I know a lot didn't like being seperated from the pilots and the company was really pushing that. Most of their duty protections etc was based on the fact of staying with their flightdeck crews from what I have been told.

Brilliant.

Do you think it's your call on shutting this place down? Your statement is one of the stupidest an employee can utter.

How about if your union can't negotiate an industry average contract then get new negs.
Never said it was my call. In fact, I think I said most had to consider their job in this economy. I was just asked if I was willing to take a stand. My answer was and continues to be yes. And MY OPINION is still that we should be getting industry average wages as long as upper management continues to get industry leading salaries and bonuses. F/a's working full time should not qualify for food stamps.

Been on off days a while. What are some of the sticky points for the F/A's? I know a lot didn't like being seperated from the pilots and the company was really pushing that. Most of their duty protections etc was based on the fact of staying with their flightdeck crews from what I have been told.
Actually the FA's have max duty periods better than the pilot FAR's and about equal to the pilot's contract. Max duty period 14 hours unless augmented, min 8 hours free of duty. 24 hours off in 7 days.

Jim

I know all about that 14 hour duty limit.... Let me tell ya, sometimes US(cuff, cuff)America West Schedulers would ask desperately for flight attendants to volunteer above 14 1/2. Some time around 2007 I was warned by fellow crew members never ever to volunteer, after a story circulated that a set of F/As asked to be released after their 16th hour or so. Apparently, the answer from the scheduler was supposedly: "Too bad, once you volunteer we can keep you for however long we want to. You can no longer un-volunteer."

Yeah, my darling, it is all the little things missing in a contract, all the little loopholes, that America West management would creatively take advantage of. If they could pull it out of their ....., and use it against you, trust me, they would.

I know all about that 14 hour duty limit.... Let me tell ya, sometimes US(cuff, cuff)America West Schedulers would ask desperately for flight attendants to volunteer above 14 1/2. Some time around 2007 I was warned by fellow crew members never ever to volunteer, after a story circulated that a set of F/As asked to be released after their 16th hour or so. Apparently, the answer from the scheduler was supposedly: "Too bad, once you volunteer we can keep you for however long we want to. You can no longer un-volunteer."

Yeah, my darling, it is all the little things missing in a contract, all the little loopholes, that America West management would creatively take advantage of. If they could pull it out of their ....., and use it against you, trust me, they would.
WISDOM HELLO!

Hey everyone,

Slightly unrelated, but just want to make something clear - that the PIT Schedulers are so wonderful and professional...their worst day is nothing like what we used to deal with as a "normal" course of interaction with the AWE schedulers.

Toothy Grin

You must be under the mistaken impression that what happens with the TA vote on a JCBA has no impact on any other group. If the FAs vote down the TA and eventually get released to self-help you don't think such a course of action would impact other employee work groups, the customers, shareholders, Wall Street in general? Heck, even the POTUS could get involved and order the FAs back to work if a substantial portion of the flying public might be impacted. OAs might have to change their operational strategies in response to a self-help scenario. Conversely, if the TA passes as-is, that result can and will have an effect on operating expenses/income, profit sharing, the company's ability to raise financing for future AC orders or fuel hedging should Management change strategy going forward.

What happens with the FAs impacts many more people beyond those in the AFA. Fortunately this is an open, public forum where any member who has an interest can participate from whatever perspective they may have on the issue. If false information is being posted on this thread and that false information could lead to real and non-trivial harm on any one of the above-mentioned groups, don't you think that false information or misinterpretation of the facts should be corrected or at least be exposed for what it is? I do and I'm sure many others would agree as well, especially if their jobs or paychecks might be impacted by the selfish actions of others.
It is not false.

Your biggest fear (you tempe teens) is that employee groups actually start working together. When the agents/flight attendants/pilots work together you tempe crybabies have lost.

Actually, you teens have already lost, but, like a dinosaur, you haven't figured it our yet.

and at midnight
Let me see here: I would think that the company is really afraid that the agents/pilots/ and flight attendants might actually work together.

So there was a YES to the TA from the LEC's.... Cool... that means 10000 sign up bonus because Doug is desperate? :lol:

and at midnight
CHAOS cannot be done in the 30 day cooling off period, both sides can only use self-help AFTER the 30 day cooling period is over, Status Quo must remain in effect until the 30 days are up, or if a PEB is enacted.

Back