F/A TA agreement

I have no idea why you're trying to convince people that engaging in CHAOS is risk free but it certainly explains why so many IAM members hate the IAM (and just about every other union).

it may not be risk free, but, I believe that everyone who has engaged in the process and used CHAOS or threatened to use it, got IMPROVEMENTS to their t/a agreements.

I'll tell you this. I've met & corresponded with more US Airways executives then you have if that makes you feel better.

dwightschruteworkplace1.jpg

Enough is Enough Already...... The Past is the Past, YOU did such a awesome job for the union, you still do union work ? Please, I respect the work you did in the past, but today is today, as you said you have moved on, so dont live in the past. You do have some insight of days gone by, but today is just a different day. A union is only as good as the company it is bargaining with.
A union is only as good as the number of times it makes it's members revote on TAs they already rejected, like the IAM.:lol:

it may not be risk free, but, I believe that everyone who has engaged in the process and used CHAOS or threatened to use it, got IMPROVEMENTS to their t/a agreements.

I don't think anyone would be under any illusions regarding the fall out from CHAOS.

If you walk off a plane, or leave a plane in Tel Aviv, you're going to be fired until an agreement is made.

The thing is, I believe that we are at a unique time is US' history. I know more f/as with sidelines now than I ever did in 2001. It is due to the hideous bankruptcy contract that many f/as used what most f/as have in spades, their resourcefulness. Frankly, there are most us now who CAN do CHAOS. Will it be fun? No, but neither is being ill treated. Are there those who can't? Absolutely. The beauty of CHAOS is that not everyone needs to put their job on the line.

At the same time, the jobs that do incur a firing become hugely valuable. A union cannot start work stoppage events without protecting those who participate. Otherwise, what happens next time? You got it, NOTHING.

Stakes are high, especially when managements get their bonuses from NOT paying staff fair compensation. But what are the alternatives? Roll over? We did that in 2002. How's that working for everybody?

And Gentlemen, it would be most kind of you to take your sniping back to the proper thread.

F/As will have a lot to talk about in the coming weeks. It really would help if those who wish to discuss F/A issues could do so without irrelevant snarking.

AFA doesn't have an East / West problem.

What we will have is a lot to learn from eachother, since most likely this contract will have pulled from both sides. I am sure that WEST would like to know more about the bidsheet, if it's retained.

IMHO, if you post on this board anything other than f/a issues, you're either a self absorbed selfish jerk, a company plant designed to confuse issues, or a pathetic internet junkie who has nothing else to do.

That's just my take.

75% of the F/A's I've asked intend to vote no. (I had a 321 yesterday and didn't get the opportunity to ask the extra).
What are the details of the TA ? From what you said I'm assuming you read it . What would the no voters want changed in order to get a yes vote ?

And Gentlemen, it would be most kind of you to take your sniping back to the proper thread.

F/As will have a lot to talk about in the coming weeks. It really would help if those who wish to discuss F/A issues could do so without irrelevant snarking.

AFA doesn't have an East / West problem.

What we will have is a lot to learn from eachother, since most likely this contract will have pulled from both sides. I am sure that WEST would like to know more about the bidsheet, if it's retained.

IMHO, if you post on this board anything other than f/a issues, you're either a self absorbed selfish jerk, a company plant designed to confuse issues, or a pathetic internet junkie who has nothing else to do.

That's just my take.
You must be under the mistaken impression that what happens with the TA vote on a JCBA has no impact on any other group. If the FAs vote down the TA and eventually get released to self-help you don't think such a course of action would impact other employee work groups, the customers, shareholders, Wall Street in general? Heck, even the POTUS could get involved and order the FAs back to work if a substantial portion of the flying public might be impacted. OAs might have to change their operational strategies in response to a self-help scenario. Conversely, if the TA passes as-is, that result can and will have an effect on operating expenses/income, profit sharing, the company's ability to raise financing for future AC orders or fuel hedging should Management change strategy going forward.

What happens with the FAs impacts many more people beyond those in the AFA. Fortunately this is an open, public forum where any member who has an interest can participate from whatever perspective they may have on the issue. If false information is being posted on this thread and that false information could lead to real and non-trivial harm on any one of the above-mentioned groups, don't you think that false information or misinterpretation of the facts should be corrected or at least be exposed for what it is? I do and I'm sure many others would agree as well, especially if their jobs or paychecks might be impacted by the selfish actions of others.

Every strike in the airlines, except AMFA at NW everyone on strike were returned to work upon a settlement, even at TWA, when Icahn replaced the FA's, funny how you left those facts out.

You must be under the mistaken impression that what happens with the TA vote on a JCBA has no impact on any other group. If the FAs vote down the TA and eventually get released to self-help you don't think such a course of action would impact other employee work groups, the customers, shareholders, Wall Street in general? Heck, even the POTUS could get involved and order the FAs back to work if a substantial portion of the flying public might be impacted. OAs might have to change their operational strategies in response to a self-help scenario. Conversely, if the TA passes as-is, that result can and will have an effect on operating expenses/income, profit sharing, the company's ability to raise financing for future AC orders or fuel hedging should Management change strategy going forward.

What happens with the FAs impacts many more people beyond those in the AFA. Fortunately this is an open, public forum where any member who has an interest can participate from whatever perspective they may have on the issue. If false information is being posted on this thread and that false information could lead to real and non-trivial harm on any one of the above-mentioned groups, don't you think that false information or misinterpretation of the facts should be corrected or at least be exposed for what it is? I do and I'm sure many others would agree as well, especially if their jobs or paychecks might be impacted by the selfish actions of others.

You worry about your group and we will worry about ours...

Every strike in the airlines, except AMFA at NW everyone on strike were returned to work upon a settlement, even at TWA, when Icahn replaced the FA's, funny how you left those facts out.
Can you guarantee that US wouldn't be another exception or did you leave that out?

All I care about is that the FA's make an informed decision. If they chose to strike or use CHAOS makes no difference to me - whatever they decide, more power to them. Telling them only that CHAOS is legal, or that they'll get their jobs back doesn't cut it. You've tap-danced around this enough. Just admit that there is some risk to those that are the pointy end of the spear in any job action.

Jim

Back