F9 Pilot Pay Rates?

AirWisFO

Nov 29, 2002
Anyone out there know the ballpark pilot pay rates for the first few years at Frontier? I heard it was more than I thought it was and need info.

mucho gracias.

From the ALPA website pay comparisons effective 5/1/04:

FO
1st $43.20

Frontier currently pays on a monthly salary system regardless of scheluled monthly flight hours.

Pilots can pick up "open time" at time and a half. Most guys make around $50K first year and add $10K a year until upgrade, which is about year 4.

Hope that helps. Great place to work.

BTW new contract next year and will most likely go back to an hourly pay scale and keep pace with the peer group: Alaska, ATA, AirTran, AWA.

The "No Bridge" sticker is only on the Airbus 318 because the tail doesn't have safe clearance to pass under the passenger bridge between the A Concourse and the Main Terminal in Denver, therefore a reminder for the crews not to take a gate assignment that wourd require taxiing under the bridge.

:up:
C54Capt said:
Pilots can pick up "open time" at time and a half. Most guys make around $50K first year and add $10K a year until upgrade, which is about year 4.
I would disagree, most pilots don't make 50k the first year. First year pay is around 42k and it is hard to pick up open time. Our contract is very restrictive which makes it hard to drop and pick up trips, unless you are senior enough to hold a good line that allows you the opportunity to pick up time. Second year pay is 52ish. The seniority list at Frontier is very young and there will be no big retirements for 20 years. The only movement in the ranks will be through growth. Other than that, it is a fun place to work and hopefully our contract will improve in the next few years.

Watch that Tail :cool:

Appnavapp,

You are correct in the base salary figures, however most guys that I know made around $50K first year with open time flying and around $60K second year. That was when new hires were getting a hard line right away without sitting reserve, I'm not sure how it is now.

C54Capt,

I would say that the majority of the newhires are not making 50 the first year. I could be wrong? I find our contract makes it very difficult to pick up open time effectively unless you are in the top 1/4 of the seniority list. Maybe I'm just picky, but to have any kind of family life you pretty much have to fly your line. I hope that we get rid of our salary and get some GOOD work rules in place in the NEAR future. At least we are growing now and there is some movement in the ranks.

Whats this thing doing now? :blink:

I'd like to thank all of you who took the time to respond, I appreciate it. I'm going to finally get around to a new job search.

I like Frontier and although the TED airplanes are pretty and they have TEDtunes and TEDvision (F9 has SatTV), I don't have much confidence that TED will take market share away from Frontier. The only cost savings United will have is increased airbus utilization, and that's after all the costs to convert the airplanes over. My only reservation is the air miles United gives to business customers, and wonder if that will keep a few United victims loyal. How is F9 awarding air miles and free trips to frequent fliers?

Thanks again,

AirWisFO

I had a few questions regarding employment at F9. What are the minimum flight time requirements for pilot employment at Frontier? Are many of the new hires furloughees from legacy carriers? What is the fleet plan for F9? Thanks for any info you may have. bigsky

Last I heard the mins were:
3000 TT
1000 Turbine/jet (500 PIC)

They were hiring mostly high (jet) time furloughees until recently, now they are trying to inject a little new blood with regional pilots. I've heard of one that had 3000 TT. Most important thing is to have a great attitude, solid skills,and an internal recommendation. Competitive standards are still probably a college degree with between 5000 and 10000 hours with good jet time.

Hiring mostly into the Airbus but a slight chance to get the Boeing. Will be all Airbus within 2 years. New on line application is being integrated as the primary application filter for interview selection. www.flyfrontier.com

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Looks like a healthy pay increase at F-9 in May. I guess it will be in line with the average of their peer group (Alaska, AWA, ATA, etc...). It keeps getting better!

Latest posts

Back