Filthy 767

EMBFA

Veteran
Mar 1, 2006
I recieved this email the other day written by one of our PHL F/As after working a transatlantic flight. It was addressed to the usual Tempe crowd but forwarded throughout the base. Very descriptive and gives a good idea of what we are dealing with....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me premise this report with the fact that I am furious at the position management continually puts me in. I am embarrassed for you to be quite honest and I made no excuses for you this trip. It's inexcusable and unfathomable how you think this is acceptable and why no one does anything but drag their feet and do seemingly everything but FIX IT! That is what you get paid for! If I don't do my job I am held accountable but everyone else just expects the flight attendants to defend the un-defendable to our passengers who pay your and my paycheck!

I will focus of flight *** on *** ***-PHL. Flight **** was just as filthy with it's own problems but I'm not going to dilute the issue as I have come to learn from experience that the people I send this to (save one and you know who you are) have no attention span for hearing the truth.

The aircraft was filthy and looked like it was falling apart. In many areas it indeed was. Gross would be an understatement! The jump seat you see in the attached picture was held together with duct tape. There was duct tape everywhere. In the galleys. On the overheads. On the floor strips. The side panel light were burnt out in several spots. The carpets were filthy! And the pièce de résistance, I pulled out the beverage cart to see what looked like a red reflector on both sides. Only it was not a reflector....it was ROACH POISON! You put ROACH BAIT in the side of a beverage cart?

The reading lights didn't work in B Zone and the video skipped.

And now to the all popular cooker carts. We were lied to from the get go about getting new galleys lets just lay that right out there. You sold us out to the last dime on the issue. We were told ovens and got ZIP. We get it....cost cost cost. Well, since you give me crap to work with I will tell you 2 carts failed to heat the meals. One cart the electric hookup would not insert. The same cart SHOCKED me! Now, you may take a look at exhibit B in the attached pictures. This is one of the cooker carts in question. The hinges falling off. Broken brakes. And look at what you think is acceptable to roll down the isle. I mean you want to eat ANYTHING that came out of that!? I hope not unless your begging for a dose of penicillin. And almost every single one of these carts look the same!

Then the flight time was way over 10 hours. Those people need WATER and JUICE every few hours at least. Well, you didn't give us crap to work with. We ran out of bottled water and OJ on the first OJ/Water service! But we scraped and did 1 more. Really we should have done 3 but had nothing to work with. Thanks! You should have taken that useless mid dry galley out and given us more USEFUL storage space with things to work with.

The beverage cart I tagged WEEKS ago by myself with no door, I got again still broken just like before. What part of the cart is not safe do you people not understand? The not or the safe?

Now, who on earth told anyone that Envoy class should be served a TUNA BURRITO? A tuna what? Yeah that's what the people sitting in "Envoy Class" said to us! It smelled horrible and tasted even worse. The thought of it makes you want to gag much less eat it. These are Europeans! 80% of that PAX load were EUROPEANS! With the dollar the way it is against the Euro, that is our customer base right now and you have to start respecting that. They don't care about Brunch, Texas French Toast and don't want American Fare!

Now I am delivering a message to all of you from a German PAX. He is a professor very busy. He asked me to pass this along to management which is exactly what I plan to do. Before you start with the "have the pax call us", save it. These people are busy and like it or not I represent your poor decisions so the least I can do it pass along this message. This was the message in German:

Diese Airline ist schmutzig nicht gut organisiert.

Since I want the message crystal clear the way I got it, here is the translation:

This airline is dirty and not run well.

Makes you all warm and fuzzy doesn't it? I want to lock you people up in this aircraft for 10-12 hours with the poor cleanliness and lack of supplies! Coupled with a substandard product you would be begging for mercy and if I didn't know better run out of excuses.
In my days at USAirways and not the shameful disgrace you have made "THE NEW USAirways" the true USAirways in it's worst day would have removed a/c 251 from service pending repair and deep clean.

I do not know how to appeal to your sense of pride in the airline you operate. It seems there is none. But if there is I hope it kicks in. This is truly a disgrace and a shame.

I don't want the "changes are coming" line because I've been hearing it for a year now. I don't want the "we are looking at ways" line. You have looked long enough. It's time for action! I mean immediate action. Can you make a decision? A good thoughtout and professional decision that doesn't insult, tackify, degrade or have to be redone 5 times?

PHL F/A

761.jpg

762.jpg

763.jpg

Sending an aircraft overseas looking like that is beyond disgusting.

The passengers that see this will tell everyone they know that we have filthy and busted up aircraft and advise people to stay away.

And I don't blame them.
:rant:

Our airplanes are so dirty and disgusting. It's a miracle we haven't all contracted a disease from them. Pax are always complaining about it to me and all I can say is yes, it is disgusting. I agree. With the way this airline is run, and as disgusting as the interiors are, it makes me wonder how safe are our airplanes? I mean, if they aren't properly being taken care of on the inside, couldn't that also mean that they aren't taking care of the airplane mechanics like they should? I mean, what if they use cheap parts for the engine or do a half arsed job when fixing the landing gear, etc...It's a scary thought. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Well at least they live up to Low Cost Carrier at some level. Certainly not the airfare - but certainly in the product!

I can see it now. Mgmt is going to send out a survey with the following:

Please rate the order of importance.

- On time arrival at your destination.
- Ability to retrieve all of your luggage at final destination.
- Excellent customer service.
- Aircraft appearance and cleanliness.

Their response: See, we did a survey and our passengers did not think aircraft appearance and cleanliness was a priority. They would rather have an on time arrival, receive all of their bags, and be provided with good customer service. Aircraft cleanliness was NOT a priority.

Can you say "cost neutral" Way to go Tempe more beer money for the boys.

Rate the following in order of importance:

- A pressurized cabin
- The wing not falling off
- Flushable commodes
- Not stopping in Gander
- Cleanliness of aircaft

Diese Airline ist schmutzig nicht gut organisiert.

Since I want the message crystal clear the way I got it, here is the translation:

This airline is dirty and not run well.

With my limited knowledge of Yiddish (which is derived from German), and my knowledge of the condition of US's aircraft interiors, I was able to figure out what "schmutzig" meant before I read the translation!!! :lol:

....think I'll run up to Rubio's and get me a tuna burro...sounds good right now...
(you know that Mexican food has gone totally mainstream when it's categorized as "American Fare"!) :lol:

Rate the following in order of importance:

- A pressurized cabin
- The wing not falling off
- Flushable commodes
- Not stopping in Gander
- Cleanliness of aircaft

And just for you - don't forget:

Flight Attendants who actually do their job.