Filthy 767

I worked envoy on a Venice flight in July. Two monitors did not work on the way over. The pax who were effected were screaming. I don't blame them. Nothing to do on a 9 hour flight. Two days later, on our way back, we now have an a/c where THREE monitors do not work. I don't know about everyone else, but I am sick of apologizing for this management's ineptitude and lack of pride in the product, or lack thereof, that we are offering. Management does not seem to care what experience the customer has, as long as the seat is filled with someone. When we got to phl, our flight was met by an inflight supervisor, just to see how everything went. When I told her about the monitor problems, her response was " they'll be fixed in November." My response was, "that's great. But this is
July!" She just walked away.
I have a photography business on the side and never saw the use for a camera phone because of the lack of quality of the image. Now I see a great way to use it. Let's document and post everything that is dirty or broke.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am sick of apologizing for this management's ineptitude and lack of pride in the product, or lack thereof, that we are offering. Management does not seem to care what experience the customer has, as long as the seat is filled with someone.

At AA when stuff like this happens, I just point the passenger to the American Way magazine, where Mr. Arpey, our CEO, has provided an email address for passengers to write in. I tell them that is more effective than me telling the company anything because they don't listen to the flight attendants. Find out an email address in Tempe, then get the email address for FAA complaints. Have the passenger write to Tempe with a cc to FAA. That might get their attention.

At AA when stuff like this happens, I just point the passenger to the American Way magazine, where Mr. Arpey, our CEO, has provided an email address for passengers to write in. I tell them that is more effective than me telling the company anything because they don't listen to the flight attendants. Find out an email address in Tempe, then get the email address for FAA complaints. Have the passenger write to Tempe with a cc to FAA. That might get their attention.

Well - at USAirways - Customer Relations might answer your email - but then again they might not. And for the most part, they have stopped any kind of response that addresses your concern directly. Usually, they just send you a travel voucher for future travel, without any cover letter or apology or explaination. They don't even attempt the "your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate department for review" stuff anymore.

US Mgt doesn't really care about the customer experience, that is pretty clear. As long as the seat is filled, and they can continue to fill those seats, it doesn't really matter to them how bad the travel experience is.

What amazes me about all of this is where the Captains are. Write it up, get someone out there, get off the airplane. Maybe I am employing selective memory here, but I can't remember anyone that would accept that....

For backup check the FOM under "Captain's Authority" I think it is in the first chapter.

What amazes me about all of this is where the Captains are. Write it up, get someone out there, get off the airplane. Maybe I am employing selective memory here, but I can't remember anyone that would accept that....

For backup check the FOM under "Captain's Authority" I think it is in the first chapter.
It doesn't just take a Captain. Any pilot walking off guarantees a 90 minute delay, at least.

Whatever you do, please express your concerns about the aircraft to the crew. Also, post your concerns here and other places. Allow the few who care the opportunity to collate and disperse, in an appropriate manner, such discrepancies, because, apparently, the union office is not doing their job.

We need to enter the Trans-Atlantic environment no later than this May with aircraft fit for travel. Put a website together with a form for complaints that automatically notifies certain applicable people by email of all the information necessary to secure a fix, one way or another.

Since Dougie does not enjoy accountability from a bare quorum of the board, perhaps the Star Alliance can become players.

FIND An EMAIL Address in Tempe....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....I found a whole webite......."IDIOTS in Action" @USAirways .com. (It will be read........there are many willing/capable and distinguished on the Rio Salado).

Our airplanes are so dirty and disgusting. It's a miracle we haven't all contracted a disease from them. Pax are always complaining about it to me and all I can say is yes, it is disgusting. I agree. With the way this airline is run, and as disgusting as the interiors are, it makes me wonder how safe are our airplanes? I mean, if they aren't properly being taken care of on the inside, couldn't that also mean that they aren't taking care of the airplane mechanics like they should? I mean, what if they use cheap parts for the engine or do a half arsed job when fixing the landing gear, etc...It's a scary thought. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Who says we haven't? I have a good friend that has been out do to some "mystery' dust coming from a vent and is now VERY VERY ill. Has not been to work in well over 5 months.

Twice,

Could be the result of "mold spores" growing in the ventalation system and that is no joking matter. If you have the tail number of the Aircraft in question your friend should report it to OSHA like YESTERDAY.

Not sure what it is, but ALL I can tell you is that Tempe is claiming NO fault and a law suit is present..... I can say nothing more. Don't want to get anyone in trouble...

I did tell the Capt. about the monitors. He said that unless it has to do with safety, Tempe fixes NOTHING. Maybe if the Capts. start cancelling flights, something may get done. But I don't see that happening.

The person that was in charge of aircraft appearance for both the east and the west left the company last November. Word has it they were tired of dealing with inept upper management and so they moved on to greener pastures. To give you an idea of how important aircraft appearance is to the idiots in Tempe, they still have not filled the position.

Time to alert the media. Some smart reporter can segue from dirty hotels to dirty airplanes.

Perhaps US can recruit a "Vice President of Aircraft Cleanliness," and then issue a big press release once the position has been filled.

Could be the result of "mold spores" growing in the ventalation system and that is no joking matter.
Not that I’m the type of person to wear a tinfoil hat, but US has had some publicized cases in the past year where several crew members have become ill onboard the aircraft for undisclosed reasons.

EDIT: And it’s not just the ventilation system. Tomato juice, anyone?

736.jpg

What happened to the three people Tempe had visiting crew rooms last year? You know the ones who would set up a table with the air sick bags filled with candy and their business cards. They would just sit there and wait to be approached. When asked who they were they would respond by saying they were with aircraft appearance and were there to show us the new LSK. The LSK has really been a great improvement hasn't it? Most of the time it's empty and extra supplies are still thrown in overhead bins, behind seats or just left on the last row of seats. All it really does is take up space.

I had one of these people in Envoy on company business to check out who knows what in Europe. Probably LSK training in Paris, Venice or wherever else they needed to go for a little vacation.

From what I understand there are more than one VP of aircraft appearance. Not sure how this stellar department is structured but I do know that they have Regional Directors so one can assume it is quite a padded management team that does not talk to each other. I believe that putting all these pictures out is the greatest idea. Everyone says that flight crews wine too much about this very kind of thing. Yet, pictures are worth a million words. Maybe someone will be embarrassed enough to actually clean house literally!! I think at the very leased a a press release blaming the situation on Boeing or Chinese New Year will be forthcoming...