Filthy 767

They can have all the VP's of appearance they want ( OK, better not to have a blank-check VP amount ) but we all know what will come of it, given the endemic top-down autocratic style that is the paradigm for most all businesses today, not just airlines:

Instead of working backwards so to speak, they issue a series of chain-reaction directives without regard to resources ( materially and time-wise ) and other externalities, and turn it solely into a crack-the-whip program and generator of reams of paperwork. The job will be "done", as said VP tries to "do something" but the incompetent peasants thwarted his/her best efforts.

You can't bullsh!t the laws of physics.

One thing I would add. We have talked about wings filling off and passenger worried about mechanical issues when they see the filthy broken innards of US aircraft. I think we should say that form a mechanical perspective the aircraft are pretty sound. Remember that the Airline has mechanics that not only work on these craft but commute on them as well. They also have family members and friends that are flight crew members that work on these planes daily. While it is true that these aircraft leave the gate sometimes with a sea of those infamous orange (MEL) stickers or whatever color is used now the planes are not unsafe to fly. MEL stands for Minimum Equipment list. Those are items that can be inoperative but still be flown safely. There are parameters that have to be met to dispatch these planes. Mechanics and pilots have a book that gives them these parameters that have to be met. Something like the radar is a good example. The plane could go with a broken radar but only if weather on the route of flight meets certain conditions. So from a Mechanical standpoint the planes are safe. I have many friends that work for US Airways and among them are many Mechanics. While I would like to see Management take interest in the fact that they have a terrible product and filthy broken interiors in the airplanes, I still feel safe to fly on them.
Now comes to the NEF stickers. For whatever reason US management keeps referring to them as non essential furnishings. The term from what I understand it to mean is not essential to flight. It does not have to be a furnishing! For instance the lovely picture of the broken 767 cart. That is non essential to flight. What management of US Airways fails to recognize is that on an EIGHT hour flight to Europe these are essential to the flight. Brakes that don't work on carts hurt people. Missing covers on seats with screws sticking out hurt people. Fancy looking seats in an Envoy cabin that are uncomfortable and are always Placarded with an NEF sticker, are not very good customer service for an EIGHT hour flight for a customer that has either paid for an upgrade with their hard earned miles or paid close to $4,000 for it! Anyway the list goes on but I wanted to draw the distinction between safety of flight issues and the filth that you are made to sit in. While both are important I think the US Airways Mechanics keep the aircraft in flying order from a safety standpoint.

Sending an aircraft overseas looking like that is beyond disgusting.

The passengers that see this will tell everyone they know that we have filthy and busted up aircraft and advise people to stay away.

And I don't blame them.
:rant:

This is what I'm sure there thinking in Tempe

"Whats to complain about the passengers I'm sure got a cheap A$$ fare they should be happy"

Not sure what it is, but ALL I can tell you is that Tempe is claiming NO fault and a law suit is present..... I can say nothing more. Don't want to get anyone in trouble...
Of course they say it's not their fault!! NOTHING IS EVER THEIR FAULT!! It's everyone else's especially the employees and VFF's because we will not allow them to turn this into a trailer park without a fight. As bad as it is could you imagine where we would be if we would've just let them have their way!

as promised...

Attachments

• 767_Viedo_usaviation.jpg
    767_Viedo_usaviation.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 192
Of course they say it's not their fault!! NOTHING IS EVER THEIR FAULT!! It's everyone else's especially the employees and VFF's because we will not allow them to turn this into a trailer park without a fight. As bad as it is could you imagine where we would be if we would've just let them have their way!

It's the fault of the customers who will not pay higher fares to offset the higher fuel prices, and the employees who will not work for lower wages.

The solution to all of US's woes, of course, is to stop giving 500 miles for segments which are under 500 miles.

Well apparently US doesn't have any cleaning and maintanence crews. Did it ever occur to this fa that the crew who flew the flight to Germany should have pointed these things out before their departure from the States? How about the German US Airways' employees, don't they do their job? Shouldn't inventory be taken before departures? I always thought that that is why crews board before anyone else!

The complainer couldn't have pointed these dangerous matters out to any German US Operation? In most jobs, if safety is a concern, you can refuse to do that job. How is it management's fault, because they are cutting costs? Planes that smell and are held together by duct tape shouldn't even be flying. But someone was on that flight before the complainer, so how did it work and why haven't the prior crew complained?

Somehow people tend to complain about managements managing, but still do the job which tells management that there is nothing to worry about. An example would be if the crew refused to fly because of SAFETY CONCERNS, and although they may have faced discipline action, it would have struck a nerve with management. Doesn't OSHA, or something like it, exist in the airline industry? Most say that management 'expects' you to do something, but by you doing it it sends the message that everything is AOK!

I remember back in the glory days when airlines(during US Air's Holiday In The Sky years!) would shrink leg room and add seats. It was like transporting cattle, and who gave two $#!7S if we ran out of water or juice! A tuna burrito sounded better than the fodder they served on most airlines! The worst thing about coming back from Europe is that it took almost twice the time as going...freaking Jet Stream!

Now let's look at another side of this insanity. Someone isn't doing their job, or passing the buck. You can't tell me that you have no way of calling somebody...SOMEBODY...and make something happen. Speaking from my experience, and it doesn't apply to U, sometimes there is an unwritten rule to never squeal on fellow union members or co-workers.;) If you can't call anyone how about the pilot? Isn't the pilot suppose to do a pre-flight inspection of both the interior and exterior of the aircraft? If not then the ones I see are just showing-off?

Like the police, management can't be everywhere at once. You have to know which donut shop they hang at. Call me nuts but I think you have a chain of command somewhere. Go to it and if necessary go over their head...step by step.

Of course, I bet that the birds will flock and still whine and complain. So take your best shot at this dribble. Having dealt with situations of disgrunt...er, ah, I mean...unhappiness, the 'S'-word, wouldn't surprise me. I'm not exactly happy with my job, but it pays the bills. It's OK to HATE your job...that's why it is called a job as opposed to leisure life...but you don't bite the hand that feeds you. If I went public to a newsmedia and bad-mouthed my employer, I'd be on the street.

Exit...Stage Left!

Next time, I'll give you a taste of reality in corporate America where what once 'wasn't your job' now becomes 'either do it or someone else will'. Yep, productivity is now striking the airlines. It shows at NWA where the downtime is nothing like it was before. Done with NW, get over and service UA.

Welcome aboard!!!

Just my 2 cents about the pictures...

You're NOT buying the seat.

The counters aren't too far from the courtesy phones, and in today's society we need the exercise. If worse comes to worse there is always an 800 number, I assume.

Wasn't there a thread that curtains were banned by the TSA or FAA or one of those annoying federal entities? It was about a shower curtain being used. They also sell curtain and materials at most dollar stores near the airports.

It's the fault of the customers who will not pay higher fares to offset the higher fuel prices, and the employees who will not work for lower wages.

The solution to all of US's woes, of course, is to stop giving 500 miles for segments which are under 500 miles.

Actually it is the fault of the low-fare airlines that offer the 'Big Boys' a bit of competition.

The computer paper was not used as a curtain but as a screen for IFE. As for the 'legality' or curtains, yes, it was covered as nauseum on another thread. A pic of the blanket replacement curtains would be good if someone can get one.

I'm not exactly happy with my job, but it pays the bills. It's OK to HATE your job...that's why it is called a job as opposed to leisure life...but you don't bite the hand that feeds you. If I went public to a newsmedia and bad-mouthed my employer, I'd be on the street.

Exit...Stage Left!
==========================================================

So true to not bite the hand. Only the hand is the CU$TOMER, not the company. Unfortunately our company keeps biting the hand and then asks what happened.