Finally; Non-stops from Dallas to LGA---

Status
Not open for further replies.
swamt said:
What WT doesn't grasp is that SWA fired WJ because WJ was to greedy in their proposals and nego after the original agreement was agreed too.
Uh, not entirely the way I recall it.

There might have been some commercial issues as you're referring to, but a perhaps bigger driver behind the agreement falling apart was because WN didn't have the automation in place needed to fully support and deliver codeshare.

WS did, which is how they were able to pivot and execute their first codeshare with AA in 2010.

True on the automation.  SWA is so slow converting new IT and computer systems.  Well, I say slow, but in reality maybe is should take that long in order not to experience the meltdowns that United and US has experienced after mergers.  Just hope it goes smooth for us.  Your correct E, but what stood out to us, as employees, were the internal letters explaining what WJ was wanting out of the deal that did in fact change at the last moment or at least wanted to change the agreement to favor WJ more than originally agreed too.  But yes, it was not the only reason. Thx E...

"WN had lost its mojo"

For an airline that has lost it's mojo, you sure spend a lot of time here and on other airline forums pointing out the supposed flaws of others.

There is thing called the Napoleonic complex:

Napoleon complex, or "short man syndrome", is a pejorative slang term describing a type of psychological phenomenon which is said to exist in people, usually men, of short stature.[1] It is characterized by overly-aggressive or domineering social behaviour, and carries the implication that such behaviour is compensatory for the subjects' stature. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives

Did you see the part of OVERLY-AGGRESSIVE OR DOMINEERING SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR?

I'm sorry if you see it Napoleonic to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the industry.

I'm not sure why you or others participate here - other than to claim that one union can do a better job than another - which is the other half of the discussions on this forum.

Further, it is the WSJ and other media that is writing articles that are read by millions.

If I really am responsible for convincing them that there is a story worth writing, then I have a lot more power than any of you want to admit.

But I tend to think it is because I and they are touching on the same business issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back