FLASH*****new ralphcramden stunner to jolt airline world: due diligence a “done dealâ€￾*****

ralphcramden

Nov 16, 2006
brooklyn
FLASH*****new ralphcramden stunner to jolt airline world: due diligence a “done dealâ€*****

Shock announcement by Mr. ralphcramden set for thursday after market closure

LCC, DALRQ message boards on high alert: 6pm est release expected

The well-connected Mr. ralphcramden has been providing his loyal readership with strikingly accurate forecasts as the boardroom battle between struggling Delta Air Lines (DALRQ) and the resurgent US Airways (LCC) plays out. Tonight, Mr. ralphcramden is on the verge of revealing a stunning new development in the increasingly complex LCC-DALRQ buyout story

Mr. ralphcramden stated that he will report to his readers on a developing rift within the board of DALRQ. Mr. ralphcramden’s Wall Street sources have provided specific information on what this disagreement entails, and how it is likely to affect the process going forward.

For now, and for undisclosed reasons, Mr. ralphcramden is limiting his disclosure to the following bold statement. “The due diligence issue is a done deal, and in LCC’s favor.†Details will be announced by both companies within the next several weeks.

Mr. ralphcramden will also provide an update on the previously reported intention of JetBlue Airlines (JBLU) to acquire selected assets of the bankrupt Delta (DALRQ). Mr. ralphcramden readers will recall that he alone reported that Mr. David Neeleman “wants in, and in a big way.â€

The mainstream press was caught flat-footed by this news, and lamely passed along bland quotes from the enigmatic Mr. Neeleman concerning gates at Reagan National and New York LaGuardia. The traveling public was left with the misimpression that JBLU is satisfied to nibble around the edges of the looming feeding frenzy.

This sloppiness is, of course, sadly typical of fourth estate stalwarts such as hotel lobby standard “USA Today†and internet shill Mr. Ted Reed. Their knee-jerk rehash of spoonfed factoids cruelly caused a brief, futile buzz of optimism in DALRQ crew rooms, as well as on US Aviation.com’s recently energized Delta Air Lines (DALRQ) message board. Mr. ralphcramden, however, is set to blow the lid off of this intriguing story, “and in a big way!’

Concerned US Aviation.com regulars can only hope that amateur airline analysts GSEMAN (i.e., “Ground service equipment†man) and Vikedog64 (sic) do not jump off the Tallahatchie bridge.

The “Unique Corporate Transaction†marches on. And through the groundbreaking reportage of Mr. ralphcramden, US Aviation.com’s growing legion of self-described “cramden enthusiasts†will continue to be on the leading edge of this fascinating bankruptcy case study.

Thur., Dec. 14, 6pm. The airline world holds its breath.

According to the debt markets and to US' attorney who is a former DOJ head and still an insider, the deal will go through. PHX CHQ will move to ATL. PHX support functions such as Revenue Accounting will remain in PHX. Res will remain in RNO, PHX, and INT.

jetBlue is a frontrunner for the DL shuttle. DOJ will require the new DL to pull down more than 10% of the capacity already promised.

Mr. ralphcramden suffers from short term memory as it was clearly luv2fly who revealed the uninspiring story here first on US Aviation, or is he now retracting his remarks similar to his illustrious Doug Parker?
Mr. ralphcramden also fails to realize that announcing other airlines would be interested in aquiring assets that would have to be sold off in order to aquire DOJ approval hardly qualifies as groundbreaking news.
Mr. ralphcramden also fails to realize that the BK judge and the unsecured creditors committee will utlimately decide whether DL or US's plan will prevail.
Mr. ralphcramden fails to point out that the Delta pilots constitue a large portion of that committee, will have a vote, and are currently vehemently apposed to such merger.
Mr. ralphcramden also fails to highlight that Delta management has the exclusive right to reorganization at this point in time as granted by the BK judge.
Mr. ralphcramden elects to ignore these facts of the case so I offer him the same challenge I have issued before.
Mr. ralphcramden put your ego where your mouth is. If the deal goes through as proposed, I, luv2fly, will retire my screen name and retire from these boards as a beaten man, never to return with the exception of making a full conciliatory statement proclaiming you the omnipotent prognosticator.
You in return would suffer the same fate should your great prognosticating ability prove to be less than impressive. Don't fret though as I would allow you to retain your alter ego known to all on these boards.
Mr. ralphcramden, what say you?

According to the debt markets and to US' attorney who is a former DOJ head and still an insider, the deal will go through. PHX CHQ will move to ATL. PHX support functions such as Revenue Accounting will remain in PHX. Res will remain in RNO, PHX, and INT.

jetBlue is a frontrunner for the DL shuttle. DOJ will require the new DL to pull down more than 10% of the capacity already promised.

Hmmmmm. It sounds as if you might have bursted Mr. ralphcramden's bubble. If so the proverbial prognosticator has been beaten to the punch once again.
You are faltering Mr. ralphcramden. BTW, how is your alterego USA320 doing these days with this "Unique Corporate Transaction" The same lingo you used for your ill fated UA prediction. You could have at least come up with something new. Tsk, tsk tsk.
Shock and awe. Shock and awe. :shock:

I'm going to go waaaaaayyyy out on a limb here and make my own prediction. There's nothing to base this on but my own speculation. So flame me if you want to.
1. The DL shuttle will be sold off. We all know this.
2. ComAir will be sold off. No surprise either.
3. JetBlue will buy both. Interesting!!
4. Capacity reduction > 10%. Easily done.
5. Gates will be given up in CLT/PHL/DCA/LGA/BOS. Ouch!
6. PHL trans. goes to JFK and becomes only focus city. No big loss.
7. Huge a/c order with Boeing. Whatever!

luv2fly,

Did you really mean to post this? ;)

<<Mr. ralphcramden suffers from short term memory as it was clearly luv2fly who revealed the uninspiring story here first on US Aviation, or is he now retracting his remarks similar to his illustrious Doug Parker?>>

Actually, you linked to the Marketwatch story where Neeleman was quoted only expressing interest in DCA and LGA gates. If he wants a lot more, that would mean that ralph is correct. :p
<<Neeleman said JetBlue would be interested in taking over U.S. Airways and Delta gates at LaGuardia Airport in New York and Reagan National Airport in Washington.>>

<<Mr. ralphcramden also fails to realize that announcing other airlines would be interested in aquiring assets that would have to be sold off in order to aquire DOJ approval hardly qualifies as groundbreaking news.>>

Actually, I think the point he has been making, that every other reader is smart enough to pick up on, is that the other airlines are going to buy assets leading to Delta's breakup. That would be groundbreaking news. :shock:

<<Mr. ralphcramden also fails to realize that the BK judge and the unsecured creditors committee will utlimately decide whether DL or US's plan will prevail.>>

No, I think he and everybody else understand that. Except, of course, for some of your own pilots like Abe. :lol:

<<Mr. ralphcramden fails to point out that the Delta pilots constitue a large portion of that committee, will have a vote, and are currently vehemently apposed to such merger.>>

Yawn.

<<Mr. ralphcramden also fails to highlight that Delta management has the exclusive right to reorganization at this point in time as granted by the BK judge.>>

See above answer.

<<Mr. ralphcramden elects to ignore these facts of the case so I offer him the same challenge I have issued before.
Mr. ralphcramden put your ego where your mouth is. If the deal goes through as proposed, I, luv2fly, will retire my screen name and retire from these boards as a beaten man, never to return with the exception of making a full conciliatory statement proclaiming you the omnipotent prognosticator.
You in return would suffer the same fate should your great prognosticating ability prove to be less than impressive. Don't fret though as I would allow you to retain your alter ego known to all on these boards.
Mr. ralphcramden, what say you?>>

You may need some counseling. :blink:

luv2fly,

Actually, you linked to the Marketwatch story where Neeleman was quoted only expressing interest in DCA and LGA gates. If he wants a lot more, that would mean that ralph is correct.

Oh dariencc, you so have a desire to alter reality.
My statement, as you so clearly failed to comprehend above, states that I broke the story first on US aviation. Not that I broke the story. I hardly find any difference from the story I quoted in comparison to what ralphy offered up. A little reading comprehension on your part would save us all alot of time just as it would in your other diatribes.US Aviation

Mr. ralphcramden also fails to realize that announcing other airlines would be interested in aquiring assets that would have to be sold off in order to aquire DOJ approval hardly qualifies as groundbreaking news.

Mr. ralphcramden also fails to realize that the BK judge and the unsecured creditors committee will utlimately decide whether DL or US's plan will prevail.

No, I think he and everybody else understand that. Except, of course, for some of your own pilots like Abe.

Since it was my point to begin with, I think I understand it just fine.

Mr. ralphcramden fails to point out that the Delta pilots constitue a large portion of that committee, will have a vote, and are currently vehemently apposed to such merger.

Yawn.

What an astutely defined response. I congratulate you on your awe inspiring ability to debate facts. You have inspired me to add my signature at the bottom. You are a true aviation shcholar my friend. :D

Mr. ralphcramden also fails to highlight that Delta management has the exclusive right to reorganization at this point in time as granted by the BK judge.

See above answer.
See mine, if it isn't too much trouble for you my friend.

luv2fly,

Actually, I think the point he has been making, that every other reader is smart enough to pick up on, is that the other airlines are going to buy assets leading to Delta's breakup.

Yours and USA320's...,pardon me, mr. ralphcramdens suggestion has not alluded me at all. I find it to be equally baseless and deserving of assignment to the the "wishful thinking" category that you two dwell in.

This merger will not happen.

It's all posturing by DP for something else in the works. Not sure what it is but it ain't Delta.

pilot

I'm going to go waaaaaayyyy out on a limb here and make my own prediction. There's nothing to base this on but my own speculation. So flame me if you want to.

I don't think you are far off base if this transaction proceeds.

1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Lost me there. Why on Earth would JB want to metastasize the Comair cancer?
4. Correct. Most likely more than 10%. Probably 15%.
5. Correct
6. Correct
7. Up for grabs.

1. Agree - part of JFK downsize.
2. Agree
3. Disagree
4. Disagree. Capacity reduction: Pre-Emergence: > 10%; Post-Emergence: < 10%.
5. Disagree. Gates will be reduced at CLT. LGA, DCA and BOS - not PHL. All DL gates at PHL will become "New" DL gates. Why would an airline give up it's already proven highest Revenue/Profit Center?
6. Disagree. Most International routes will be moved to PHL - much better facility than JFK and much less competition.
7. Not likely. With capacity reductions - both pre and post, the need for a "Huge" new aircraft order defeats the purpose of the merger. Possible some 777/778 orders to replace DL and US 767s. US is already committed to Airbus and Embrarer for mid-Range fleet.

3) I'd be mildly surprised if B6 gets the shuttle (I think AA will outbid them), but even more surprised if they bid for Comair's assets

6) For what it's worth, I believe Parker or Kirby said that they would move some TA flights out of JFK and into PHL bc PHL has more connecting traffic. PHL has much better TA facilities anyways.

6. Disagree. Most International routes will be moved to PHL - much better facility than JFK and much less competition.
7. Not likely. With capacity reductions - both pre and post, the need for a "Huge" new aircraft order defeats the purpose of the merger. Possible some 777/778 orders to replace DL and US 767s. US is already committed to Airbus and Embrarer for mid-Range fleet.

You are right about competition but wrong on the facility, although I'm not familiar with DL's JFK facilities. PHL is nothing more than a cluster.... :censored: It only takes a cloud somewhere over NJ to slow things down to the equivalent of a chinese water torture. Also, the PHL politicians are, as of recently, refusing to give US anymore gates for trans. expansion. We're at the max ritght now. On point 7, we're committed to Embrarer but no longer Airbus. We paid them off and the A350 orders must be renegotiated because of all ofthe delays and changes. Scott Kirby said 15NOV: "I wouldn't exactly say we are in the Airbus camp."

I don't think you are far off base if this transaction proceeds.

I don't think you are too far off either with the "if" part. It's sounding more and more like the creditors are on board and some of the DL management is slowly changing their minds, but I think the employees from both sides have the power to kill this; ALPA from DL and all of the other unions from the US side. Parker has stuck his head way out on a limb with the unions. Unions are now in control of negotiations with this one. How badly do you want DL Mr. Parker? Because this will cost you BIG $$$.