Fleet service/ ground seniority

screwed again

May 1, 2012
This was posted under another topic, but it is going to get lost so it gets a new thread. Since the merger is all but ceremoniously announced, how is the fleet service seniority over at US? AA is a majority of 1987-91. I am sure everyone is wondering what a DOH dove-tailing would look like. Of course I understand once we throw the politics in,(fencing,red circling,stapling,good old boy club, etc.) it will be anyone's guess. Just curious.

seniority ranges frm 1960s thru 2010 system wide i believe. in my station we have one guy from allgheny days most from piedmont days and a few from straight up usair days in the 80s n 90s

LAS has '71('72?)-'98. Nothing junior because the recall lists extend back a few more years.

The senior FSA is a 1965 hire, and there are several late 60's - earlier 70's following him. I am going to say that the top 50 fall in that range, with a fair amount of
1978-82's taking the next 200 or so slots. Lots were hired in the mid 80's as well since US & PI were growing at a pretty good rate during that time.

The senior FSA is a 1965 hire, and there are several late 60's - earlier 70's following him. I am going to say that the top 50 fall in that range, with a fair amount of
1978-82's taking the next 200 or so slots. Lots were hired in the mid 80's as well since US & PI were growing at a pretty good rate during that time.
thanks. i figured mid to late 80's

My numbers are referenced from the F/T FSA roster only, as P/T are separate. The F/T list also includes Lead FSA's, which I believe are inline with your Crew Chiefs at AA.

There are no AA ramp folks in any of the US hubs, but US has ramp folks in all of AA's hubs.

There are no AA ramp folks in any of the US hubs, but US has ramp folks in all of AA's hubs.
ORD seniority for US AIRWAYS has a few before 1990 but most are hired after 2005. Systemwide, US AIRWAYS top half full time seniority is about 1990. Half hired before, half after or somewhere around that. Don't worry, the IAM will throw away a few more stations before the merger.

Really?

Since when does the union decide to open and close stations?

Last time I checked that's a management decision.

Back