Fleet Service Transition Agreement

towerclt

Jan 8, 2006
www.iam141.org
From what is posted there it is clear the company doesn't want an agreement. It is time to stand together & make the holidays "real happy" for them.
Lets plan on spending "extra" time at home with our families . Work safe when you are at work. If you have any unsafe equipment lets write it up.
Happy Holidays!

Nov 17

Despite your Negotiating Committee’s resolve to reach a Labor Agreement that addresses the needs of US Airways while protecting our members from unnecessary pain, it is increasingly obvious that the company does not share the same goal.

Your Committee has not abandoned hope of achieving a fair and equitable agreement, however, we must report that US airways expects front line IAM members to continue subsidizing unwarranted executive bonuses, pay raises for management and expansive schemes such as Delta debacle. They can’t even close the current deal with their employees, how can employees trust them with another deal.

The comprehensive proposal the IAM presented to US Airways was rejected out of hand by Vice President Al Hemenway as being “too costly†and “not a basis†upon which an agreement could be achieved.

The IAM’s comprehensive proposal reflected your issues about wages, overtime rules, pensions, job security, the 60-day rule, vacations, holidays and other issues the membership expressed through the IAM’s Transition Survey.

If Mr. Hemenway believes these issues are not the basis for an agreement and his superiors concur, there is no prospect for the long-term profitability of this airline.

Your Negotiating Committee will continue seeking a fair and equitable agreement that reflects your concerns. However, this can only be achieved with your continued support.

While we continue waiting for US Airways to provide an official response to our latest proposal, District 141 is now concentrating our efforts on working with legal counsel in preparation for the upcoming “Change of Control†arbitration case with the carrier.

Sincerely,

S. R. Canale
President & Directing
General Chairman

well nothing changes at all from the top level idiots at tempe az which used to be ccy wonder how they will react when or if the IAM rep folks say no deal with DAL until our issues are resovlved

well nothing changes at all from the top level idiots at tempe az which used to be ccy wonder how they will react when or if the IAM rep folks say no deal with DAL until our issues are resovlved

how could the unions at hp/us stop them???? we all knew what to expect, we should not act surprised by this, again the iam makes it sound as if this was not expected.
why don't the iam leadership just tell the company " here it is, make it work . we will be waiting for the contract....."

I thought you weren't allowed to practice work stoppage @ towerclt. I think if you are that bad off, look for a different job. No one forces you to stay employed with US Airways. You're doing it by choice. Sure, conditions suck.. but what good will work stoppage do? It'll piss off our customers, make them want to never fly with US again, and then they'll switch to Delta which then they'll be like DARN can't escaped those laborers.

Yeah, something like that.

I didn't see anything about a work stoppage in his post. All that he said is to work safe, which translates to a slower pace in most cases. He also noted to write up GSE as needed, which can slow things down even a bit more. Face it, how many have used 1/2 azzed GSE just to get the job done in time?? All that he is saying, is to go by the book which is what we are supposed to do, correct? :huh:

If everyone worked by the company's rules the operation would come to a stand still.

5 MPH around a plane, space the bags on the beltloader, observe the speedlimits and drive within the lines.

The split between the Heminway (CCY) approach and those on the Operations side scrambling to get a handle on industry leading numbers will only get wider if the numbers don't improve.

No need for Fleet Service to do anything other than the best they can with what they have. What Fleet Service has isn't enough. The numbers prove it out and the longer they do the sooner the day comes when the Sandbox finally realizes they can have massive bonuses and stock options or they can have good customer service.

Then they will blame the front line.

Can somebody provide a little more info on the upcoming arbitration case. Does it involve termination of 60 day rule and wage snap back for forloughed agents, Thanks

Can somebody provide a little more info on the upcoming arbitration case. Does it involve termination of 60 day rule and wage snap back for forloughed agents, Thanks
It was my understanding that was the sole intent of eliminating the 60 day rule. When that topic was first mentioned a few months ago, it appeared as if it were geared towards those who were furloughed in 2005 due to outsourcing. I am trying to remain optomistic just as I'm sure you are. :rolleyes:

Have you read your language in contract to see what it involves?
The topic that he has brought up is part of the proposed transition agreement, and we have nothing to read other than what is posted on the 141 Website. The talk of this becoming a reality got many of us considering our options, but nothing firm has been agreed upon. Given the problems the company is having with new hires, one would think they would be glad to get some trained and experienced people back instead. I realize the difference in wages is their main concern, but how many man hours and dollars are being wasted hiring and training this revolving door of agents already?? As usual, they have are spending thousands more on training than they would be in wages for those on furlough. Let's face it here, the constant training of these new people is an ongoing expense to the company just as normal wages would be for others. :unsure:

The topic that he has brought up is part of the proposed transition agreement, and we have nothing to read other than what is posted on the 141 Website.

So the upcoming arbitration case he was talking about has to do with the new proposed transition agreement?

Just trying to find out what the arbitration case is about. Is it a single issue or does it involve all proposals in the "change of control" negotiations. Also a February date has been floated about. Is this accurate? You would think that there is a written record of what is being brought up before an arbitrator. Thnks

This might be the most amusing union note I've read thus far. Let's look at it a little more closely:
"Your Committee has not abandoned hope of achieving a fair and equitable agreement"

"IAM’s comprehensive proposal reflected your issues about wages, overtime rules, pensions, job security, the 60-day rule, vacations, holidays and other issues the membership expressed through the IAM’s Transition Survey"

What were the results of the survey they sent to the company. To use the word equitable you have to look at both sides...not just one and call it equitable.

"If Mr. Hemenway believes these issues are not the basis for an agreement and his superiors concur, there is no prospect for the long-term profitability of this airline."

No mention of what Mr. Hemenway does this is necessary. Makes me think it may not be that unreasonable...just not as drastic.

"expansive schemes such as Delta debacle."

Interesting...this is a debacle. What was the purchase of USAirways out of bankruptcy and imminent demise? Might have been smarter for HP to have let US fail then buy Delta???

I don't expect many to agree with me, but the attrocious bias in Canale's letter speaks as if people are stupid. I hate to see people speak as if they're simply smarter than everyone else and therefore not required to laid out the facts.

Back