Flu shots for crew & Emergency Health Measures at USAIRWAYS

Freedom:
I would be more worried about the drive to work than this thing :up: :up:

i'm not all that scared ahout today .. but i think in two weeks time , three weeks ,we will get a real look at it ....

this thing will be world wide soon enough ... if we manage to slow it down on this side of the planet it will just jump to the other side ,grow and then come back to us in a few weeks ...

Freedom, I am with you. Management should provide all of us with bubble suits with air-conditioned, filtered air. Fear and panic should be the order of the day as fear is what helps us to live to the next day. We're all dead meat! :lol:

... you need to prepare YOURSELF ....

DRESS YOUR SELF IN ALUMINUM FOIL. MICROWAVE IT FIRST.

FIND AN UNINHABITED BRIDGE TO LIVE UNDER.

Vodca will inoculate you from your fears.

IF YOU SEE A PIG OR A BIRD RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAUUGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

let's do some simple math ... the death toll in mexico so far is roughly 150 people with a rounded number of 1500 under observation ...

now let's say that of that 1500 who have sought medical attention for their flu there's another 1500 who have not bothered to seek medical services ...

so if we guesstimate that roughly 3000 people are infected in mexico and of that 3000 , 150 die ... that could indicate a 1.5 in 30 chance of dying from the swine flu ...

if the math is wrong , then ummm , you do it ..

At this point the mask debate is moot because their sold out everywhere ... if you don't have one yet , good luck finding one for sale ... while they may not offer alot of protection , some is better than NONE ...

Any employee's who deal frequently with the traveling public may want to think about getting latex gloves ... at this point and time they are still in stock ... but as we continue to move forward , consumers will purcahse things based on fear ... so for instance today , masks are sold out , but there are still latex gloves .... tomrrow if people become more afraid , gloves and masks are sold out etc

If your concerned about becoming infected , (which we all should seeing as that we work at the AIRPORT , a high infection area ) then please , please be aware of your surroundings at ALL times ... do NOT get in elevtaors ever ... AVOID crowds , this means during your LUNCH break as well , if the break room is full , then stay out of it .. if your on an employee bus , seat yourself away from others and open the window .... DON'T shake people's hands , break yourself of that habit right away ... and as always , WASH YOUR HANDS .... i can't tell you how many people get sick from simply failing to wash their hands before eating , or after using the bathroom etc ....

i didn't see any memo's from the company today , and i think people at work are under the impression that if things get bad the company will hand out face masks etc ... well i don't know what the company is thinking and neither do you .... so just remember YOU are responsible for your OWN personal safety , no one else ... don't expect anything to be given to you .... you need to prepare YOURSELF ....

Well pretty much all this advice is bad and creates panic.

Masks don't protect you. They protect the person next to you. That's why you don't wear one in surgery, the doctor does to protect the patient.

You could get a flu shot today and it won't protect you from this strain. Flu shots protect one from the flu they think will happen in a year. This is a new strain

The virus does not spread through your fingers. Glove won't help. The virus enters the body through your eyes and month. Whether you have gloves on does not matter. If you stick you finger in your mouth or rub your eye, it does not matter if you have a glove on or not.

More people will die today in their bathtub, driving to work, choking on food than will from the flu on a US flight.

More people will have long term health complications from the stress of working at US than the flu.

The sky is not falling and it's unethical to flame the fire

One wonders why this topic is so drama filled on the US board and not the other airlines that have more flights into Mexico

let's do some simple math ... the death toll in mexico so far is roughly 150 people with a rounded number of 1500 under observation ...

now let's say that of that 1500 who have sought medical attention for their flu there's another 1500 who have not bothered to seek medical services ...

so if we guesstimate that roughly 3000 people are infected in mexico and of that 3000 , 150 die ... that could indicate a 1.5 in 30 chance of dying from the swine flu ...

if the math is wrong , then ummm , you do it ..

Do this math, my calculator can't handle numbers this big.

110 million people in Mexico, the center of this plague. 1500 under observation. Your estimate 5% will die.

Your chance of dying from swine flu (if you live in Mexico) is 1500 divided by 110 million times 5%. I get a .00000006 chance. But my calculator is limited.

Turn off Fox News, take a Valium, kick back and relax.

FOX News will kill you before any pig flu ever does. Makes me sick just flipping through the channel. Garbage....total and utter garbage posing as journalism.

If I need to wear a mask I will wear one. Let them just try to remove me or take action against me for it. I will be on the horn with CNN, MSNBC, CBS and ABC so fast it will make legals head spin.

you all know the only thing the mask protect you from is actually putting your hands to your nose or mouth....

so if you keep washing your hands and refrain from putting your hands to your nose and mouth and even your eyes and ears you will be just fine

Latest posts

Back