Flu shots for crew & Emergency Health Measures at USAIRWAYS

While I agree that the media can blow stories out of proportion we all just need to be cautious. Like we have read on here 100 times, don't touch your nose, mouth, ears or eyes. Also don't shake hands. No joke....today I was at Five Guys eating a burger and a girl took a bite of her burger and proceeded to lick her fingers. Immediately after that she picked up the malt vinegar with the SAME licked fingers and to town she went on her fries. Talk about gag me. While you don't want to become a weirdo wiping galleys down with Clorox wipes just use precautions. The media will scare the hell out of you. Oh yeah for those freaked out by the swine flu....there is a HUGE meteor the size of Texas on it's way to earth. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. :lol:

you all know the only thing the mask protect you from is actually putting your hands to your nose or mouth....

so if you keep washing your hands and refrain from putting your hands to your nose and mouth and even your eyes and ears you will be just fine
http://ashsd.afacwa.org/docs/AFA%20bulleti...u%2028apr09.pdf
What else is AFA doing?
AFA is writing to its member airlines and the FAA to urge them to suspend airline policies that discourage flight attendants from calling in sick in light of this CDC recommendation and emerging pandemic.
If you observe that a passenger has flu-like symptoms, encourage them to wear a face mask* if available and isolate them from other passengers, to the extent possible. When you are in contact with a potentially-infected passenger, AFA recommends that you wear a face mask* and gloves. AFA is urging the airlines and the FAA to require that such protective equipment be provided.

1. Provide non-latex gloves and appropriate masks* to flight attendants, at least on trips to, from, and within areas that are at increased risk. Allow flight attendants to choose whether or not they wear these gloves/masks. At the very least, allow flight attendants to wear their own gloves/masks, without discipline;

Your right i am overeacting ... i guess this flu will just have to worsen before our company allows us to use our paid sick days without taking a hit ...

Some think that if we let our workers use their sick days without getting a doctors note that people will abuse them ... my response is , those are OUR sick days that we bargined for ... if we feel sick we have every right to call in sick without having to run down to the doctor to get permission to use them ...

I am getting a little woozy.

Steer clear of those tuna burritos.

you see THIS is what i'm talking about ... he feels ill , he should be allowed to use his sick day and stay home , plus no one would want to get in the bin with him after he's had a tuna burriot !

FOX News will kill you before any pig flu ever does. Makes me sick just flipping through the channel. Garbage....total and utter garbage posing as journalism.
Give me a break. I love Fox News...but what does that have to do with any of this?

Who said there was a point? :blink: This whole board is nothing but entertainment. Farse News Channel was just my 2 cents on any info that comes out of that outlet. :huh:

the country of Egypt is killing all the pigs (300,000) to prevent the spread of swine flu...no kidding.....stay away from sonny's BBQ.....lol

http://www.teamster.org/content/guidance-f...swine-influenza
crew assisting that person should wear a facemask at a minimum, but ideally use a respirator rated N-95 or higher. For high risk professions, the Teamsters recommend the use of a P100 respirator or higher.
As the guidelines for swine influenza are being developed and new information is gained, more detailed guidelines will be published to the CDC website. In the event of a widespread outbreak or pandemic, social distancing will play the primary role in preventing exposure of persons to the virus (www.pandemicflu.gov).
For additional updated information about this swine influenza outbreak, consult the CDC swine influenza web page (www.cdc.gov/swineflu/).
If a person shows observable signs of swine flu illness while on a flight bound for the US, the captain is required by law to report the illness to the nearest U.S. Quarantine Station prior to arrival or as soon as illness is noted (see http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/quarantine_stations.htm). Quarantine officials will arrange for appropriate medical assistance to be available when the airplane lands and will notify state and local health departments and the appropriate CDC officials. Quarantine officials will work with the airline and local and state health departments to assist with medical transportation of the patient upon arrival, disease control and containment measures, passenger and crew notification and surveillance activities, and airline disinfection procedures.
If a person on an international or domestic flight is ill with what is believed is to be swine flu illness, crew members should immediately contact the nearest U.S. Quarantine Station (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/quarantine_stations.htm) and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) at the destination airport. Quarantine station staff will assist with the situation.
The flight deck crew should ensure that the aircraft air conditioning / ventilation system stay on until all passengers and crew have disembarked in order to maximize continued removal of virus particles from the cabin air. (HEPA filtered ventilation systems are ideal, ASHRAE Standard 161-2007)

They need to cut the flights to Mexico immediately until they get this crap under control. How else is this spreading? By train? :rolleyes:

I understand the flu is already in the US but if more are exposed in Mexico and bring it here it will only continue to spread. It's like watching the movie "Outbreak". :lol:

They need to cut the flights to Mexico immediately until they get this crap under control. How else is this spreading? By train? :rolleyes:

I understand the flu is already in the US but if more are exposed in Mexico and bring it here it will only continue to spread. It's like watching the movie "Outbreak". :lol:

Border controls do not work, especially if you target only airplanes, which bring in much less numbers of people than cars. It's too late to quarantine Mexico even if that were possible, which it isn't.

You can help protect yourself by washing your hands, but beyond that, it's just Mother Nature and sometimes she can't be controlled.

Back