Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

Still no reports of any incidents as of the afternoon of 6/25 - but we all know that could change anytime soon... :)

Quick question: For an incident to "count" does it have to be in the news?

I ask because the sad truth is that there are lots of "Return to Fields," aborted takeoffs, etc. that never get reported.

Quick question: For an incident to "count" does it have to be in the news?

I ask because the sad truth is that there are lots of "Return to Fields," aborted takeoffs, etc. that never get reported.

I don't doubt for a minute that there are incidents which do not get covered. I wonder how much influence NWA has with the media to keep their "normal operations" facade intact? But that's another story altogether... :angry2:

Anyway, I guess that I should have been clearer in saying that we'll go with the first one that makes the media, since that will be the easiest to verify.

I don't doubt for a minute that there are incidents which do not get covered. I wonder how much influence NWA has with the media to keep their "normal operations" facade intact? But that's another story altogether... :angry2:

Anyway, I guess that I should have been clearer in saying that we'll go with the first one that makes the media, since that will be the easiest to verify.
Amen to that.

Just look how well they quashed the Guam nose landing just as the strike was begining.........medias playing along big time.

It has to be in DTW, MSP, or MEM. The numbers are just so much greater in those three cities and I'm not talking number of flights.
:( Not to sure about where it will happen, but will it be reported in any of those cities? Seems the only ones you hear about happen at non hub cities. Like someone payed off local media to keep things in the hubs quiet. So I say Fargo I hear it's lyles favorite town!

Well, I knew it wouldn't take long... :lol: The location is Las Vegas!

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/200...ws/8186553.html

Two airline passengers were taken to a local hospital Monday evening after pressurization problems on a flight from Las Vegas to Detroit caused them to complain of pain in their ears, an airline spokesman said.

The two passengers were among 176 on Northwest Airlines flight 1192 that was 34 minutes out of Las Vegas when it was forced to return because the plane had failed to properly pressurize, company spokesman Dean Breest said.

Breest said the flight, normally scheduled to depart at 2:40 p.m., initially had been delayed almost three hours as crews tried to fix the pressurization problem. After the flight took off from McCarran International Airport, pilots realized the repair effort had failed, Breest said.

The flight turned around and landed safely, and 10-12 passengers were treated at McCarran for pain in their ears, Breest said. He said the lack of pressurization can cause pain in the ears and make passengers lose their equilibrium, causing them to become ill.

Northwest apologized and accommodated passengers who weren't able to make it on other flights to Detroit by paying for their rooms, Breest said.

Those passengers also were rescheduled for a 7 a.m. departure today, Breest said.

Since nobody actually guessed the correct city, the winner of this round of the contest is Kev (who came the closest w/somewhere in Montana). A special consolation prize goes out to robbedagain, who guessed a dirt road out in the middle of nowhere (which sounds a lot like Las Vegas to me! :D )

Congratulations winner(s).
Thankfully there were no serious injuries to the pax.
The only serious injury I see is to NWA. I am sure there will be repercussion from the pax. I would seek legal matters if I was them. Can't believe the a/c was released with pressurization problems. Wonder what the FAA has to say.

Congratulations winner(s).
Thankfully there were no serious injuries to the pax.
The only serious injury I see is to NWA. I am sure there will be repercussion from the pax. I would seek legal matters if I was them. Can't believe the a/c was released with pressurization problems. Wonder what the FAA has to say.
Its all part of that successful turnaround that 'finny ole boy' attributes to the superb SCAB maintenance, hey it left the gate right on time huh finny? :lol: :lol: :up:

I may be wrong, but if the cabin does not pressurize properly, can't the doors be opened in flight? I was told that the design of the doors makes the seal tighter as the cabin pressurizes, making it impossible to open them in flight.

I don't want to rob Kev and Robbed of their prizes but as you can read in the article the nwa spin doctor Breest was in fine form. Note no use of the word "emergency". So does this count toward the contest?? After all it was just one of those "normal incidents". Those happen everyday. Or was the contest for published incidents of any kind? If I'm wrong I'll lay the prize at Kev's feet. :rolleyes:

I don't want to rob Kev and Robbed of their prizes but as you can read in the article the nwa spin doctor Breest was in fine form. Note no use of the word "emergency". So does this count toward the contest?? After all it was just one of those "normal incidents". Those happen everyday. Or was the contest for published incidents of any kind? If I'm wrong I'll lay the prize at Kev's feet. :rolleyes:
Don has a point here, I mean it could have just been one of those 'calibrated mishaps' that our ex-resident SCAB so brilliantly made mention of!... :lol:

Don,

We'll let Kev (and Robbed) keep their prizes for this round of the game, since it was the first reported incident. How about we turn this into an ongoing contest? After each incident, we can repick a location.
I'll even let you choose first! :up:

If they were thirty minutes out in a 757 that means they were nearly at cruise altitude. They're lucky they didn't have alot more folks going to the hospital. The leak must have been a small one. I wonder if the same plane was used for the return trip in the morning...can you imagine the passengers angst about getting on another nwa flight in the same type of aircraft??? :shock:

Don,

We'll let Kev (and Robbed) keep their prizes for this round of the game, since it was the first reported incident. How about we turn this into an ongoing contest? After each incident, we can repick a location.
I'll even let you choose first! :up:

Fine with me Pete! :lol: I'll stick with my original location...Detoilet and go with the trifecta bet, loss of wheel :up:

If they were thirty minutes out in a 757 that means they were nearly at cruise altitude. They're lucky they didn't have alot more folks going to the hospital. The leak must have been a small one. I wonder if the same plane was used for the return trip in the morning...can you imagine the passengers angst about getting on another nwa flight in the same type of aircraft??? :shock:

Long time ago a friend of mine was working the B position on a 9. Plane had a slow leak... for a while people didn't really notice until people seem to start acting wierd, not making sense, and ears were hurting. My friend finally figured out they were getting hypoxia (as well as she was) and called the capt... just then the oxy masks fell, freaking people out.

The cockpit probably didn't know because they had their oxy on.

Anyhow, returned to the gate (incident never was on the news) and my friend (freaked out) calls me to tell me (and other of my friends ) about it.

I'd say there's probably more problems out there than before, that's why its been getting in the news.