Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

Cool the thread is back, right on time!!!!

I'll take DTW. It's about time for more scab-induced blown main tires. :D

Emergency landing Flt. 2981 Monday, Kansas City International Airport.
issue: landing gear.

And the winner is?...........

Sorry GC, but Flight 2981 was operated by Pinnacle Airlines. Our contest was only for NWA mainline aircraft.

Don't worry though, the scabs will probably come up with another maintenance related emergency landing soon!

Thanks for reviving this thread Kev!

I knew that the scabs would not let us down! :lol:

For those of you who might not remember the guidelines of this "contest", here is the original post...

The "contest" was later amended to include the reason for the emergency landing.

With that said, I will pick MDW, with a landing gear problem.

Oh, no no no ---MDW, brakes.

( I know, bad...but only because I used to work out of this hub).

Did anybody pick Taipei?

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,...2164457,00.html

747 had equipment malfunction
14/08/2007 14:04 - (SA)

Taipei - A Northwest Airlines 747 landed safely in Taiwan on Tuesday after suffering an equipment malfunction on a flight to Tokyo, an official said.

The official, from Taiwan's Civil Aeronautics Administration, said the 747 was a cargo flight.

He spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorised to deal with the press.

The official said the damaged equipment was part of the aircraft's guidance system and that the fault had been detected shortly after takeoff from Taipei airport.

Taiwan Radio reported that the damage to the equipment was caused by lightning but there was no official confirmation of this.

I'll go with flyJOE as the winner for this round, even though he had Tampa as his pick - since its airport code (TPA) is the closest to Taipei's (TPE) ;)

Back