Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

This time, I'll go with SFO and the good old smoke in the cockpit excuse...

Did anybody pick Taipei?

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,...2164457,00.html

747 had equipment malfunction
14/08/2007 14:04 - (SA)

Taipei - A Northwest Airlines 747 landed safely in Taiwan on Tuesday after suffering an equipment malfunction on a flight to Tokyo, an official said.

The official, from Taiwan's Civil Aeronautics Administration, said the 747 was a cargo flight.

He spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorised to deal with the press.

The official said the damaged equipment was part of the aircraft's guidance system and that the fault had been detected shortly after takeoff from Taipei airport.

Taiwan Radio reported that the damage to the equipment was caused by lightning but there was no official confirmation of this.

I'll go with flyJOE as the winner for this round, even though he had Tampa as his pick - since its airport code (TPA) is the closest to Taipei's (TPE) ;)

Hey this is the first time I won! I should go and buy a Powerball ticket.

I'm feeling good about something with Europe in it. How about a pressurization problem and maybe a visit to KEF.

Hey GC, looks like you won this round with your pick of PHL - today's incident in SYR...

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.aspx...f8e&rss=112

Northwest Airlines Plane Makes Emergency Landing
Last Update: 5:04 pm

A DC-9 Plane taking off from Dallas-Ft. Worth Int'l Airport Hancock Airport bound for Hancock Airport from Detroit made an emergency landing Monday afternoon after having landing gear problems.

Airport Commissioner Tony Mancuso says Northwest Flight 1726 had 106 people on board. The door that houses the landing gear didn't open all of the way, alerting the pilot and crew there could be a problem.

Mancuso says the gear was in fact down all of the way and locked in its proper position.

Rescue crews were in place in case of any problems, but were not needed

I got the DTW part right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm going to alter my bet:

DTW, DC-9, hydrological failure

Hey GC, looks like you won this round with your pick of PHL - today's incident in SYR...

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.aspx...f8e&rss=112

Northwest Airlines Plane Makes Emergency Landing
Last Update: 5:04 pm

A DC-9 Plane taking off from Dallas-Ft. Worth Int'l Airport Hancock Airport bound for Hancock Airport from Detroit made an emergency landing Monday afternoon after having landing gear problems.

Airport Commissioner Tony Mancuso says Northwest Flight 1726 had 106 people on board. The door that houses the landing gear didn't open all of the way, alerting the pilot and crew there could be a problem.

Mancuso says the gear was in fact down all of the way and locked in its proper position.

Rescue crews were in place in case of any problems, but were not needed
WOO HOO...

Let's go w/ BOS and brakes this round.

Well, alllriiighhttt!

One thing that's interesting about the article Joe linked: it says it's flight 9868, which is normally a number assigned to ferry flights. But it also mentions passengers...I wonder if this was a charter? NCAA, perhaps?

Anyway, I think I'm on a roll here, so I'll go with MSN next (rolls dice).

There was one on the open board a few days ago.
Anyhow I should go for something from Detroit. I'll say a decompression on a DC 9 going to... Saginaw. It's a short hop so it will be fun to see how long we can hold our breaths.

Back