Funny AFA Picture

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
Some picture i stumbled across on flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27118336@N02/2534078994/

2534078994_475f31b95d_o.jpg

What a class act you are. DL mgmt. must be so proud to have you in their ranks.

Now immediately report to your supervisor and tell them what a good little girl you've been.

P.S. I'm still waiting for you to contribute *anything* of substance to these boards... Guess I shouldn't hold my breath...

Now immediately report to your supervisor and tell them what a good little girl you've been.

P.S. I'm still waiting for you to contribute *anything* of substance to these boards... Guess I shouldn't hold my breath...

Hey, I just stumbled upon it and thought is was a bit funny, no need to get bent out of shape about it.

Why should she bother, anything that she might contribute will surely not meet with your union ranting standards.

Kev, I feel sorry for this person and he/she obviously has issues. He's on every board, youtube, everywhere you can think of. This person is being disrespectful of people and should take a lesson from others such as Aislehopper who, though against the union, presents himself/herself in a more dignified, professional manner. Again, this is business, not personal yet this person has chosen to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
On a side note, in addition to his lack of tact, there is his disingenuousness... notice how he/she is trying to skew the vote tally down. The caption is incorrect. There were 11% more votes than in 2002 NOT 5%. ( 40% vs 29%).

While some of the AFA activists were in some instances a little overzealous in their campaign tactics, there were also those on the other side who have been downright viscous. I know of an ATL f/a who traded onto a European trip with a contingent of Freedom Forcers and the minute they saw her AFA bag tag, she was treated like a pariah on the entire trip. Their mean-spiritidness towards her was not hidden. So there were strong feelings on BOTH sides. I am learning myself that we must all rise above this type of pettiness. It's ok to be passionate; it is NOT ok to treat your fellow crewmembers in such a manner. If dapoes was truly interested in welcoming NW F/A's to Delta, he would not have created and/or published this doctored picture which shows NW F/A Danny Campbell's head photoshopped on another F/A's body along with the rest of the nasty remarks.
All you can do is pity the fool (as Mr. T used to say) :rolleyes:

Hey, I did'nt author it, I just ran across it on flickr. Dont shoot the messenger as they would say...

Why should she bother,

Because to do otherwise is a waste of bandwidth on this site. If all she has to do with his/her free time is post incendiary items, then I feel sorry for him/her; that's quite a pathetic existence.

anything that she might contribute will surely not meet with your union ranting standards.

Speaking of nothing of substance, we have yet another ad hominem attack from you. Awesome. :rolleyes:

You overestimate yourself. Do not ever assume you know what my "standards" are.

Hey, I did'nt author it, I just ran across it on flickr. Dont shoot the messenger as they would say...

You, as far as the community at US Aviation is concerned, published it. And for that you DO have a responsibility. It would be like someone who wrote a story that, for instance, disparaged a minority, and the editor of a newspaper published it. The article might would never have seen the light of day or have as wide an audience without the editor giving his approval. While this case certainly doesn't compare, like it or not, you DO share in the responsibility.

You, as far as the community at US Aviation is concerned, published it. And for that you DO have a responsibility. It would be like someone who wrote a story that, for instance, disparaged a minority, and the editor of a newspaper published it. The article might would never have seen the light of day or have as wide an audience without the editor giving his approval. While this case certainly doesn't compare, like it or not, you DO share in the responsibility.

Heh, whatever...

You have heard of the term PARODY right? If not then heres a snippet.

par·o·dy Spelled Pronunciation[par-uh-dee] plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy·ing.
–noun

1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the Mass (parody Mass).
6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance; travesty: His acting is a parody of his past greatness.
–verb (used with object) 7. to imitate (a composition, author, etc.) for purposes of ridicule or satire.
8. to imitate poorly or feebly; travesty.

Heh, whatever...

You have heard of the term PARODY right? If not then heres a snippet.

par·o·dy Spelled Pronunciation[par-uh-dee] plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy·ing.
–noun

1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the Mass (parody Mass).
6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance; travesty: His acting is a parody of his past greatness.
–verb (used with object) 7. to imitate (a composition, author, etc.) for purposes of ridicule or satire.
8. to imitate poorly or feebly; travesty.

The only problem, dapoes, is it's not humorous...not to most of us anyway. Some people still think lighting a paper bag full of crap and ringing someone's doorbell is humorous. Perhaps you fall into that category.
I would agree that it falls in line with definition #8 above.

Ok young luke, your taking this wayyyyyyyy to seriously. You see SATIRE and PARODY is really quite common. You see it everyday on TV, Newspapers, Political Cartoons, etc., Someone is always going to be the butt of a joke. And someone will always become offended. I wouldnt dwell on it. Im not.

Ok young luke, your taking this wayyyyyyyy to seriously. You see SATIRE and PARODY is really quite common. You see it everyday on TV, Newspapers, Political Cartoons, etc., Someone is always going to be the butt of a joke. And someone will always become offended. I wouldnt dwell on it. Im not.

Oh, I love GOOD satire and parody..like John Stewart, Bill Mahr, the first 30 minutes of SNL. But bad, low-brow "parody" is just that--bad. I guess you can tell something about someone by what they find funny.
Carry on.

I think Delta knows the Red Tails are coming. They invited them in by buying Northwest. You say it like it is an attack!
Jeez, settle down. I think you will find that Delta and Northwest both have a fine and proud workforce that will complement each other very well, except for the SCABS of course.

Latest posts