Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #5,176
Union?

There are hundreds of unions, and we all know what you implied.

The NW FAs were IBT then PFAA, then AFA, never IAM.

• Banned
  • #5,177
Does a family treat its members like this?

Manipulation:

Has this happened to anyone else? We had a 13 hour duty day flew into Detroit and then back to Laguardia, due to weather 2-hour delay which put us at a 15-hour duty day!. The capt called me up and said you guys are going to time out, why don't you call crew tracking and arrange for a new crew and hotel for your crew!. So I called and crew tracking said well technically your at 15- you need to be a 1501 right then the capt came up and told me we had been pushed back another 15 minutes, crew tracker said that it had not come up his clock yet but when it does he would call me back and arrange for hotel and crew change and hung up. My other fa happen to be looking at her rotation on her cell phone and said to me look they just changed the leg time from Detroit to Laguardia from 1:45 to 1:15? I called crew tracking back and ask why? He told me at night there are less planes in the air so it takes less time then what us posted on our rotation, but we would still get paid the 1:45 but changing the time has now made us legal for the trip!. I ask if they can change times to what ever benefits scheduling how does a crew know when they go illegal?, he said i guess you don't Matthew!, I told him at nwa we always went with the time printed on our rotation, he said not at Delta we have always changed the times!. My other two crew members were in shock and when I told the capt what happened he was livid, stating crew trackings time doesn't even match my actual flight time- how can they do that?, I explained to him that our EIG had changed the duty period from 16-hours to 15 but they had forgot that Delta had found the loop-holes in their change of rules and because it is not legally binding-there is nothing we could do about it!. Honesty, integrity.....? Really.

and again, this is the airline industry.

IROPS happen.

If FAs believe they deserve the same treatment as pilots, get the FAA to mandate it.

117 does not apply to FAs.

and it absolutely depends on what time the flight was leaving DTW regarding how long it would take to get there.

there is nothing "legally binding" that any union can do to force an airline to not use realistic times.

and btw JFK is a hot mess again today with the FAA expecting 4 hour plus delays due to construction and winds.

if you don't want to run the risk of weather and ATC delays, may I suggest OMA?

• Banned
  • #5,179
Oh yes they can and they do.

All Unionized CBAs for FAs goes by scheduled trip time, its even in the post.

Keep making things up again.

AA, CO, US, UA, WN, all have duty time articles in their CBAs.

World Fraudster lies again.

BABABOOY said:
46_Strikes_v07-01-791x1024.png
Wasn't the NW mechanics picket line crossed by another union?

• Banned
  • #5,183
It was crossed by several unions.

Are you really that obtuse?

700UW said:
It was crossed by several unions.

Are you really that obtuse?
Which particular union performed "STRUCK WORK"?

Believe it or not you can be pro-worker without being pro-union, blasphemy I know but, there it is!

WorldTraveler said:
and again, this is the airline industry.IROPS happen.If FAs believe they deserve the same treatment as pilots, get the FAA to mandate it.117 does not apply to FAs.and it absolutely depends on what time the flight was leaving DTW regarding how long it would take to get there.there is nothing "legally binding" that any union can do to force an airline to not use realistic times.and btw JFK is a hot mess again today with the FAA expecting 4 hour plus delays due to construction and winds.if you don't want to run the risk of weather and ATC delays, may I suggest OMA?
Except if you have a CBA in place with the same protections as the pilots . You won't need the FAA!!

funny... the vast majority of the US pilot workforce is unionized and the FAA didn't ask whether they are unionized or not to impose rules that were indeed more stringent than what was in airline-pilot CBAs.

WorldTraveler said:
wonder whose membership funds are paying for those bus signs?

grassroots effort my backside.

baba,
the statistic you have about terminations is perfect.

I would love to know where that came from and see the same for other workgroups.

I would strongly believe it is true for rampers and other workgroups.

It probably also explains the fear that so many PMNW people have about their employer.
probably coming from the same place Delta gets money to put out all its anti-union propaganda....

Kev3188 said:
this

BABABOOY said:
Room alone?  seriously?  
We have a peer review system.

I know there are quite a few who have been through this process 
and they continue to have their job.  I actually know 2.
That isn't a company wide system number one
number two Delta has complete control over the work rules etc. So peer review is only as good as the rules. If Delta wants you gone, you gone. Simple as that. 
and third you get to pay for your own representation. Doesn't happen that way in a union.  

WorldTraveler said:
and tell me why you stuck around for all of this years hating your employer?

I can almost give Kev a little bit of a break... he was dragged into a merger which he didn't want and said so before it ever happened.

You came to DL by choice. what did you honestly think you would find? and why if it has been so bad have you stuck around?
more butt hurt.  

Good work. Keep hitting that ball out of the park. At least if you aren't going to be right, be great at being wrong. 

Again, when have you stopped posting Delta propaganda?  

uh.... I don't think DL's "anti-union" activities are funded by the same source as the IAM's pro-union bus billboards.

and yet you two can't seem to counter the evidence that REGARDLESS of the union, NW terminated substantially more FAs with a much smaller workforce than DL did.

I know it is a foreign concept to you but DL's concept of giving annual performance reviews and counseling regarding performance issues when they arise are precisely why DL SAVES more employees than the union system that waits until a problem gets so bad that a union can't save anything.

WorldTraveler said:
uh.... I don't think DL's "anti-union" activities are funded by the same source as the IAM's pro-union bus billboards.
both come out of employee pockets. 

WorldTraveler said:
and yet you two can't seem to counter the evidence that REGARDLESS of the union, NW terminated substantially more FAs with a much smaller workforce than DL did.
I don't think i even said anything about that. 

WorldTraveler said:
I know it is a foreign concept to you but DL's concept of giving annual performance reviews and counseling regarding performance issues when they arise are precisely why DL SAVES more employees than the union system that waits until a problem gets so bad that a union can't save anything.
and having a union doesn't stop any of that. 

The only thing that changes that is if someone in management plays the butt hurt game like you do and tries to "punish" the employees for doing what they feel is best for them. 
but management can do what is best for them at anytime. Just like you did and just like Leo did. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back