Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by 700UW, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Thanks. That used to be called a load factor add (or similar). Maybe it still is...

2. 700UW

700UW Corn Field

Leadership at Flight Attendant Conference , Sara Gonzales, Melissa Brennan and Marche Cooper. Next picture is District 142 President Dave Supplee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Black Magic

Black Magic Veteran

Leadership....lol more like aka Parasites!  Why anyone would want to join the IAM for a reduction in pay is hilarious!

• Like Like x 2
  4. topDawg

topDawg Veteran

777-232ERs have Rolls Royce Trent 895-17 engines and 328t MTOW
    777-232LRs have GE GE90-110B1 engines, the wings are longer (by 13 or so feet IIRC) and the 777-300ER landing gear. MTOW of somewhere around 380 tons. The LR could have three extra fuel tanks but none of Delta's LRs have the aux tanks.

The only routes DL flies right now that really need the 77Ls are ATL-JNB (which the ER can't do at all) and LAX-SYD (which would leave cargo behind)

in the cabin DL modded the 77Es to be pretty much the exact same as the LRs.   

they got a few UAX jobs insourced while agreeing to a contract that will allow United to basically dump all of its mainline ramp over time. Oh and they kept some stations open as long as they took a big pay cut to make them competitive. 

but woohoo they got UA to put a temporary stop on outsourcing, just allowing United to get UGS geared up so it will be easier to lay everyone off in a few years. 

Man what a big win  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

thats because they did. 

This is the kind of stupidity that is exactly why people like me wont join a union. 

why in the hell should I expect Delta to staff extra FAs if the load is light and they aren't needed. Same stupid crap as expecting 8 hour work days and no 24/7 coverage. 
    This is exactly what I have been harping on. Unions like the IAM focus on stuff like this but don't say a friggin word about issues that really matter (ie JV outsourcing). I see the same damn issue over at AA. 8 hour work days only, GMAFB. 

My advise to anyone at Delta, you want a union, start one in-house with people who live in 2015, not the 1940s. 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

I agree with your overall sentiment, but many people here have been down the in-house road; it doesn't work.

IMHO, it's much more preferable to go with an existing group, and structure it to suit your needs. DL is already a "unique" place anyway...

• Like Like x 2
  6. topDawg

topDawg Veteran

I disagree. Example the strongest FA union is, IMO, the APFA. I'm also a much bigger APA fan than I am ALPA. 

Delta is a unique place, it is going to be less militant than what the big trade unions want to be. I also feel like Delta people are more willing to work with the company and have a better business sense than anyone I have see working at(not for, AT) the big trade unions. The propaganda piece above is a perfect example, hey lets b**ch about the company being more efficient on 18 airplanes (even though, as Baba pointed out they do it on the bulk of the international fleet already) and find ways to complain about at 14.5% (+1%) raise. 
    In other words, we want to be able to be lazy when loads are lighter vs working just as hard as we do at heavy loads. That is the kind of stupidity and laziness that bothers me about unions like the IAM. 

This is why I always point out unions like the IAM and TWU not wanting to go to 24/7 coverage and having some 10-12 hour shifts. Guess what, they do it on the line, why in the hell shouldn't it be done in base? That is exactly the kind of crap that puts a divide in the work group. That kind of shortsightedness only helps management get more concessions in the end. 
    On top of that, I personally think you are dumb to want 8 hour shifts. I want my 13.3s back dammit! (and preferably lets open mon/tues/weds 13.3 lines  B)  )

seriously though, I think its crap like the above that will keep a union out of the FA group and if they get in (by the skin of their teeth) you will just have a big ugly divided group. Management wins, The IAM wins, the FA lose. (granted, that is how the IAM seems to like it but still) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

thanks dawg     I just did not know the difference in regards to range payload etc   

8. topDawg

topDawg Veteran

Welcome. 

Delta's 777-232ERs are some of the highest preforming models in the industry but the LR still has better legs/payload. 

9. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Those are valid points, but you can't have a discussion about APFA without having one about PFAA.

I just think that an in-house union would either get crushed really fast, or become a glorified EIG/FIT type deal in short order.

I also agree that any vote should be overwhelming. No one wins with 52-48, ya know?

As for 8's, I'm assuming that comment was a general one, and not directed at me; I've been pushing for 10's forever, and would take 13.3's in a heartbeat.

10. southwind

southwind Veteran

Yep, only gripe I have right now is no 12's or 13.3's and the only reason I can figure they did away with them is having to pay those, working those hours, 12 or 13.3 hours per holiday.
    Do I want a union, just to get them back? Nope!

11. topDawg

topDawg Veteran

Is your shop just a Monday-Friday shop? Guess just 8 hour shifts
    Company said, at least in the hangar, production was dropping off hard in the last few hours of the shift and moving to 12s (plus a make up day) would increase production. How true is this? No idea

I know when we "voted" on what we wanted 4/10s won for the week shifts but the super seniors cried enough to get a revote. Magically the next vote 5/8s won.

But not joining a union to get them back. Dumb reason to want a union.

Honestly I don't know much about the PFAA

It was on the IAM/TWU opener.
    Things like what times a shop is open, shifts etc. is stuff I don't want the union to worry about. Shop changes and you don't like it, bid out. You work for a 24/7/365 company and expect to work a 9-5 job? No go work at a bank if that is what you are looking for.
    If I join a union I want the focus on the big issues, scope, pay, health care, retirement, and some work rules. I would want a clear proces when things do change we don't get a "whoops, revote" till we fit the company/Union/senior mamas agenda.
    But at the end of the day deciding that a shop needs to add a line to run overnight cause volume is high is above my pay grade. Seniority makes it fair and we all have to or had to cut our teeth in this industry.

12. 700UW

700UW Corn Field

http://www.iamdl142.org/iam-requests-proffer-of-arbitration-in-effort-to-conclude-negotiations-with-expressjet/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.