Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
no, the company's resources ARE NOT that of employees.

the sooner you learn that concept the sooner you will thrive in the real world.

no one is punishing anyone for speaking up. I am simply proposing that people live with the world they think actually exists... if DL is so bad, then let them live with the "bad" that DL is in their mind.

you and Kev are scared to death that you might actually get what you think DL is instead of the real DL which is considerably more tolerant and gracious than your image.
They company could use that money to give back to employees. 

and once again, threatening me. Keep it going Leo, you are simply proving my point with every post. (you are also proving that you are amazingly clueless also, and lack reading skills) 

southwind said:
When has 700 stopped posting IAM propaganda?
Never, but if WT is going to ***** at Kev because he doesn't buy what WT is trying to sell then maybe WT should STFU for once and lead by example. 

Reactions: 3 people
14705_10152859918997981_6502140424879113592_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
As I'm reading DLNET today, I see the company bashing the IAM for outsourcing that is taking place at United. Almost daily Delta tries to make the claim that unions never work with the company. In this situation, the union worked with United and now Delta is bashing it? I'm beginning to wonder how you can possibly make this company happy. It should also be noted that United's union represented employees voted on and accepted this contract. This entire deal was done in negotiations between UA and their employees.

It should be further understood that Delta is hypocritical to point fingers at other carriers screaming about outsourcing. Our own Full-time jobs here at Delta are being outsourced to Ready Reserve.

Here is the recent history in MSP, and without a union there is no end in sight.

Fall 2013 - 694 FT - 140 ALA - 112 RR
Spring 2014 - 644 FT - 141 ALA - 118 RR
Fall 2014 - 594 FT - 137 ALA - 155 RR
Spring 2015 - 586 FT - 107 ALA - 187 RR

Reactions: 2 people
http://wearedeltafa.com/kangaroo_court

Picture yourself arriving at the front door of a new restaurant in town. As you reach for the door handle, you notice a sign that says:
CUSTOMERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO POST NEGATIVE YELP REVIEWS. ANYONE FOUND POSTING A NEGATIVE YELP REVIEW WILL BE SUBJECT TO A RESTAURANT TRIAL. IF FOUND GUILTY OF RESTAURANT CRIME IN THE COURT OF RESTAURANT LAW, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO A RESTAURANT FINE.
Apparently, this restaurant is so fearful of criticism that they try to intimidate anyone who might give them a negative review. You might ask yourself, "Is the food here so bad that they can't tolerate honest reviews? Should I eat here?"
This may come as a surprise to some, but the IAM is very much like this hypothetical restaurant. Article L, Section 3 of the IAM Constitution describes "Improper Conduct of a Member," which includes:
  • Attempting, inaugurating, or encouraging secession from the I.A.M.
  • Advocating or encouraging or attempting to inaugurate any dual labor movement
  • Supporting movements or organizations inimical to the interest of the I.A.M. or its established laws and policies
  • Accepting employment in any capacity in an establishment where a strike or lockout exists as recognized under this Constitution, without permission
  • Any other conduct unbecoming a member of the I.A.M.
In a nutshell, these provisions prohibit IAM members from supporting any movement that is trying to get rid of the IAM or speaking out against the IAM in any way.
So what happens to an IAM member who is "charged" with violating Article L, Section 3? That's when Article L, Sections 4-16 come into play. These sections define the elaborate trial system of the IAM, a process that amounts to no more than a kangaroo court run by IAM cronies. Here are some of the highlights from these sections:
  • It is the duty of any member who has information as to conduct of a member covered by Sec. 3 of this Art. to immediately prefer charges in writing against such member by filing the same with the president of the L.L. of which the accused is a member
  • In the event that any L.L., or the members thereof, fail to proceed as prescribed herein, then any officer or representative, or member, may file written charges against such member or members with the I.P. Upon the receipt of such charges, the I.P. shall forward 1 copy thereof to the accused and 1 copy to the president of the L.L. of which the accused is a member, together with an order commanding said L.L. to proceed to place the accused on trial under the provisions of this Art
  • Both the plaintiff and the defendant shall have the privilege of presenting evidence and being represented either in person or by a member to act as his/her attorney
These are our favorite sections because they highlight the divisiveness of the IAM and the ironic fulfillment of an IAM promise. In the first bullet, it becomes a member's DUTY to rat on his coworker if his coworker is speaking out against the IAM. In the second bullet, it is clear that a true rat can keep raising his complaint higher and higher, until the International President FORCES the local lodge to begin a trial. Finally, in the third bullet, the IAM keeps their promise of providing an attorney for members, except the attorney is just another member, and the trial takes place in the kangaroo court of the IAM.
These are not outdated, rarely used sections of the IAM Constitution. Here are examples of cases that involved IAM trials:
Machinist Union Hit with Multiple Federal Charges for Retaliating Against Employees Who Inquired about their Rights
... union officials ordered Bedenik and Slatten to attend an IAM union internal kangaroo court held for the purpose of punishing them for inquiring about refraining from full union membership. Instructing the employees to attend the proceedings and only enter through the “rear entrance” of the building, union officials intended to fine and discipline the two for thinking about opposing the union. The employees chose not to show up for their “trial.”
Dozens fight union fines over strike at Joliet Caterpillar plant
In September, union members who crossed the picket line were informed of the local's intent to hold trials regarding their crossing. After the trials, union members voted to assess fines.
Please ask yourself this question: If this is an organization that is truly trying to help us, why must they resort to threats and intimidation to prevent us from speaking out against them?

And the IAM just secured 800 jobs at UA being done by vendors brought back in-house.

And any station UA wants to outsource has to be negotiated.

Reactions: 2 people
BABABOOY said:

Picture yourself arriving at the front door of a new restaurant in town. As you reach for the door handle, you notice a sign that says:[/size]
CUSTOMERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO POST NEGATIVE YELP REVIEWS. ANYONE FOUND POSTING A NEGATIVE YELP REVIEW WILL BE SUBJECT TO A RESTAURANT TRIAL. IF FOUND GUILTY OF RESTAURANT CRIME IN THE COURT OF RESTAURANT LAW, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO A RESTAURANT FINE.
Apparently, this restaurant is so fearful of criticism that they try to intimidate anyone who might give them a negative review. You might ask yourself, "Is the food here so bad that they can't tolerate honest reviews? Should I eat here?"
This may come as a surprise to some, but the IAM is very much like this hypothetical restaurant. Article L, Section 3 of the IAM Constitution describes "Improper Conduct of a Member," which includes:

• Supporting movements or organizations inimical to the interest of the I.A.M. or its established laws and policies
  • Accepting employment in any capacity in an establishment where a strike or lockout exists as recognized under this Constitution, without permission
In a nutshell, these provisions prohibit IAM members from supporting any movement that is trying to get rid of the IAM or speaking out against the IAM in any way.
So what happens to an IAM member who is "charged" with violating Article L, Section 3? That's when Article L, Sections 4-16 come into play. These sections define the elaborate trial system of the IAM, a process that amounts to no more than a kangaroo court run by IAM cronies. Here are some of the highlights from these sections:
  • It is the duty of any member who has information as to conduct of a member covered by Sec. 3 of this Art. to immediately prefer charges in writing against such member by filing the same with the president of the L.L. of which the accused is a member
  • In the event that any L.L., or the members thereof, fail to proceed as prescribed herein, then any officer or representative, or member, may file written charges against such member or members with the I.P. Upon the receipt of such charges, the I.P. shall forward 1 copy thereof to the accused and 1 copy to the president of the L.L. of which the accused is a member, together with an order commanding said L.L. to proceed to place the accused on trial under the provisions of this Art
  • Both the plaintiff and the defendant shall have the privilege of presenting evidence and being represented either in person or by a member to act as his/her attorney
These are our favorite sections because they highlight the divisiveness of the IAM and the ironic fulfillment of an IAM promise. In the first bullet, it becomes a member's DUTY to rat on his coworker if his coworker is speaking out against the IAM. In the second bullet, it is clear that a true rat can keep raising his complaint higher and higher, until the International President FORCES the local lodge to begin a trial. Finally, in the third bullet, the IAM keeps their promise of providing an attorney for members, except the attorney is just another member, and the trial takes place in the kangaroo court of the IAM.
These are not outdated, rarely used sections of the IAM Constitution. Here are examples of cases that involved IAM trials:
Machinist Union Hit with Multiple Federal Charges for Retaliating Against Employees Who Inquired about their Rights
... union officials ordered Bedenik and Slatten to attend an IAM union internal kangaroo court held for the purpose of punishing them for inquiring about refraining from full union membership. Instructing the employees to attend the proceedings and only enter through the “rear entrance” of the building, union officials intended to fine and discipline the two for thinking about opposing the union. The employees chose not to show up for their “trial.”
In September, union members who crossed the picket line were informed of the local's intent to hold trials regarding their crossing. After the trials, union members voted to assess fines.
Please ask yourself this question: If this is an organization that is truly trying to help us, why must they resort to threats and intimidation to prevent us from speaking out against them?
Bares repeating!

And the IAM just secured 800 jobs at UA being done by vendors brought back in-house.

a lie since you forgot to mention the hundreds more than were cut.

BABABOOY said:
How many jobs did Delta cut on the ramp only to have 40 stations brought back in-house because of

wait for it

wait for it

almost there

The IAM? 

700UW said:

err let me help out here just a little bit 700

if you are going to talk up the IAM, don't bring United's turd of a contract into it. 
bring in 800 jobs while outsource 2,000+ is winning on in WT logic. Don't be like WT. (hint talk up US scope) 

not sure why some keep using UA as a reference when in reality PMUS has the best scope    of course that might be hard for some dl cheerleader to grasp it  but reality is the IAM learned one hard lesson from UA and got PMUS a much better deal   it may not be the best to some folks but it sure as hell beats the old contracts we've had   not to mention the scope really got enhanced big time for us..

Picture yourself arriving at the front door of a new restaurant in town. As you reach for the door handle, you notice a sign that says:[/size]
Lol. IMO, one could very easily replace the words "IAM" with "DL," and it would be a pretty accurate reflection of our working conditions.

not sure why some keep using UA as a reference when in reality PMUS has the best scope...
Because UA's T/A is an easy story for the anti-worker (or intellectually lazy) crowd to tell. US' is not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts