HDMI cable on tv?

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Iansp, Apr 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Iansp

Iansp Newbie

Does anyone know if the seat back or ceiling TVs have hdmi input ports? One that I could project a tv show onto.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

Last time I flew u cld stream it tour device such as tablet after u buy a Wi-Fi pass . i dont believe u can hook up hdmi but i may be wrong

3. Iansp

Iansp Newbie

Okay, ty

4. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

You do know tampering with aircraft are equipment is a federal offience . Why would you want that info I’m reporting you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Iansp

Iansp Newbie

So that I can use chrome cast to stream Netflix? Last time I checked watching tv wasn’t a federal offense.

6. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

Bring your own viewing device, Laptop, Tablet etc... in the near future you will not have a choice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

But you mentioned useing hdmi input on the overhead unit are seat back in front of you. That would be why didn’t you ask if you can stream video on personal device.

8. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

I know you’re asking about AA, but I believe GoGo WiFi (used on DL) won’t support streaming.

9. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

Kev i thought DL used another company . i know AA switched from GoGo not long ago

10. PHL

PHL Veteran

No HDMI ports for the screens that a passenger can plug into. The screens on board are for viewing content provided by AA. You can't project your own device to anything.

The newer broadband wifi equipped aircraft can stream from services like NetFlix. Unfortunately, there's no way to know if your upcoming flight has been equipped or not.

11. IORFA

IORFA Veteran

Pretty sure you can in first and maybe business on LAA aircraft. We get the cables on some aircraft. No one ever asks for them though. Probably not HDMI, it’s one of those round type plugs. I’m not techy at all, so I have no idea. I was just told you could project your stuff through the screen with it. Could be false info as well.