Hedge Funds Seeks DL/UA Merger

The monthly numbers I posted above are the most recent available.
UA F/A's are the lowest paid based on a 75HR yield behind US, AT, NW, JB, DL, AA, CO and WN in that order.
This was as of July 1 2007.

Delta tops out in the high 30's and so does US. Not sure about the others. Unless they just got a raise this year. United is not the lowest.

Delta flight attendants top out at $41.07 per hour after 12 years.

UAL and DAL fleet make up.
United A-319/20 = 152​
B-737=94​
B-757=97​
B-767=35​
B-777=52​
B-747=30​
DAL
B-737-71​
B-757=126​
B-767=102​
B-77MD-88=119​
MD-90=16​
Total both fleets 902​
I see the airbus and MD 90/88 not being a good fit .

I'd imagine that there'd be another airline like AA, WN or maybe even NW that might get involved in some way.

Remember when US proposed the merger with DL that WN mentioned that they would be interested in assets that might have to be sold off in order to pass govermental approval.

I also am thinking way back to when the proposed US UA merger was announced. Now my memory is all hazy but I recall there being a proposed division called something like DC Air that was going to take some of the aircraft assets and DCA slots but Also AA was going to take some assets.

It seems like whenever these deals go down that somebody has already snuck in the back door to negotiate some deal that you never would have suspected would have been involved. I was working at US when the US/UA deal was announced and some people were hearing rumors about it but we were suprised to hear about AA being involved.

Delta flight attendants top out at $41.07 per hour after 12 years.

I do not know what DAL FA top out at, but the latest UAL contract states that FLY still knows her airline. At this moment, minus the two up and coming pay raises, UAL international FA with 14 years top out with a base pay of 2668 + 41.05 over 65 hours, and domestic FA are at 2,458 + 37.82. UAL FA are scheduled for two more 2% increases next year putting their international FA by the end of 2008 at 2776 + 42.71 and domestic at 2558 + 39.35.

And to think people here thought I've been on something for all these years.

I have - a profound sense of where this industry is going.

My Skymiles account is about to get a lot bigger.
Let me get this straight... a Hedge Fund seeks a merger of UA & DL, everybody goes 'Rumor Crazy', and you remind us of your 'profound sense'? My guess is, your EGO is already bigger than your Skymiles account will ever get. I like Jim's response the best..... Have a great Flight back to Airnetters.....

I'd imagine that there'd be another airline like AA, WN or maybe even NW that might get involved in some way.

Remember when US proposed the merger with DL that WN mentioned that they would be interested in assets that might have to be sold off in order to pass govermental approval.

I also am thinking way back to when the proposed US UA merger was announced. Now my memory is all hazy but I recall there being a proposed division called something like DC Air that was going to take some of the aircraft assets and DCA slots but Also AA was going to take some assets.

It seems like whenever these deals go down that somebody has already snuck in the back door to negotiate some deal that you never would have suspected would have been involved. I was working at US when the US/UA deal was announced and some people were hearing rumors about it but we were suprised to hear about AA being involved.

I agree. No one has really brought forth the idea that maybe what this is all about is one airline selling off assets/pieces to another.

If that's the case ($41.07 and $41.05), money is not the issue. They are within two cents of each other.

That's pretty awesome! :up: AFA would insist on DOH and there are no fights on pay since the pay is already the same. One group down.

HOw does this being on reserve 3 days a month work? I have never heard of such a thing/

Well, so far it just looks like another hedge fund trying to make some quick money on a relatively small stake (2-3% of each carrier). Time will tell if anything comes of it.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the brush up on the "great circle" vs. "Polar Great circle"...I just assumed it meant both when referring to travel to Asia from the Mid west and the East.
:up:

Learn something new everyday!

If that's the case ($41.07 and $41.05), money is not the issue. They are within two cents of each other.

That's pretty awesome! :up: AFA would insist on DOH and there are no fights on pay since the pay is already the same. One group down.

So the DL FAs would face a paycut in the amount of AFA dues. Gotta feed Pat Friend.

Thanks for the brush up on the "great circle" vs. "Polar Great circle"...
Not to drag this off-topic, but a great circle route could pass over anywhere - the equator and every line of longitude is a great circle so a route that coincided with any of them would be a great circle route. A great circle route is nothing more than the shortest distance between any two points on the surface of a sphere (like Earth) - it doesn't matter whether those two points are DFW and IAH or DTW and PEK. A great circle route is defined by three points, and only three points - the ends of the route and the center of the earth.

Back on the topic of DL/UA - isn't it amazing that a hedge fund "discovers" that the best merger partners also happen to be the carriers whose stock said hedge fund owns......

Jim

Back