Helicopter Sales

Elvis

Veteran
Mar 10, 2003
Once again it depends on specific helicopeter types some componets have a overhaul life some have a retirement life.

Kyle it depends on the helicopter for sale,on some the rotor componets are on condition,and on others they have a service life.

Hey there people. I am in the midst of upgrading our aircraft sales service. I am wondering "rotor''s" and "rotor times" are items that are reviewed upon inspection during a sale? Are they treated like a prop on an airplane?

Thanks!

Thank you, muchly. a couple more questions if you do not mind.

So having something like "Rotor" type may not be a bad thing since I have seen types such as "High-Altitude"? Along with this, I am planning to put something in like TTSN (Time Since New) but would Rotors ever get an overhaul like a prop would? Sorry, I love choppers but my knowledge of the component times and workings is very minimal.

I am also wondering if there is such thing as a twin engine-piston helicopter? I believe I have seen a Russian make but I could be wrong. Just trying to cover all of the bases.

Finally, I know there are 3 engine helicopters - at least I think, how about 4? Again, just covering all bases.

Thanks!

Kyle,

- Rotor type is irrelevant for 99% of your potential audience. The only aircraft that I know of that have a different 'rotor' available are the Lama and S61. The 'High altitute' to which you refer is probably the HA tail rotor kit on the 206L4. Maybe a section covering kits would suffice.

-There are no twin-engine piston helicopters. I'm sure someone will come on here with some obscure home-built just to prove this incorrect, but there are none certified for use here.

- There are two 3-engine helicopters that I know of, the EH101 and the CH53E. I doubt you'll ever be selling either on your site. To date, the quad doesn't exist.

BTW, it's a HELICOPTER. 'Choppers' have two wheels, handlebars, and an a$$hole sitting on them.

LOL!!!
lol.gif
Good one CTD....but despite that I hate you for making me spew a good mouthfull of Cpt. and Pepsi allover my screen!!!
eye.gif

........and the twits make me laugh again........

my how I love this place

CTD,I saw a picture of the prototype for the S-64...it had two radial engines on it.I think the factory though it looked and performed terrible and quickly threw on a couple of turbeans(spelling was never a pilot requirement)
3.gif
9.gif
10.gif

Mr. Chairman. ...but there are none certified for use here. Doubt Kyle will have many of them in his ''Used Choppers'' section.

For sale: 1958 Mi2. Rare twin. New tires and battery. Vodka holder. Hangar stored, never winter flown. Going at a bargain.

...Yawn.

Dougie, I saw that shot. If it was possible for that thing to look more ungainly...

BV

C of the B,

Kyle''s question pertained to selling A/C in Canada whether it be used or new, as CTD pointed out there is no certification for the Mil so why even put under a "For Sale" category.

Maybe he could list in www.bigbucklawnornaments.com for those who have the cash.

Cheers

R

Thanks for the replies, guys. It was actually for world-wide since we do allow International listings of aircraft for sale. I knew I had seen a dual-piston somwhere - we have one for sale at:

[url="http://www.usaviation.com/aircraft/display72.asp?func=display&resid=2047&tree=302"]http://www.usaviation.com/aircraft/display...d=2047&tree=302[/URL]

I have it listed under a turbine spec page for now and will decide at a later time (if required) if I should release a twin-engine spec page for "Helicopters" (that''s for you, CTD) however I doubt it since they are obviously pretty rare.

Thanks, again!

And its not a '58 model either....
Its a 1990, which makes it quite a youngster in comparison to the ageing fleet most of us fly. They are actually a pretty good machine that a few friends of mine have had the priviledge to try. Personally, I am hanging out for the Mil 26
9.gif

Thanks for that Kyle. Good luck with the ads.
10.gif

Back