Helicopter Sales

Yeah, and if medical troops flew in the S-64 hospital pod, they probably weren''t too comfortable, either. Remember they had a bus pod, too? Scary stuff, especially after reading the report on the 500 that dropped it''s cabin section, and occupants, due to some bad welding.

The scariest part of the helicopter was the detachable passenger pod.

Elvis-Downwash;
The KomavKA-26 did a tour in Canada in 1968 or 69 equipped with piston radials.
I was with Harvey when we went along for flight at Aircraft Industries in St.Jean. Very few instruments and the throttles worked with a twist to the left. They would not take the cowlings of and give us a look at the engines or transmission. Was not impressed.

Downwash-Elvis...I got some stick time in the S-58 piston with Dooley in Dryden in 74...Jerry Flesher was with us as was Gerry Waylen.Gerry was working on Jim Lewis''s 205.What a time we had there.I was just new...fresh licence...the last thing I had flown was a 47.Dooley sure loved flying that 58.Elvis...I see you have flown DZE...that old gal is still around...I got a little time on her also.The 58''s letters were FZM...she''s still going as well...have a good one!

Cap,haven''t seen the new gtp yet.Had a look at the gt...very nice.Did you go south yet to look for your next ride?I was reading the post on camps,good,bad,etc.I laught so hard my pants are still wet...trouble is I was in most of those s%$@holes.

DGP ----- that''s an S-56 they are talking about.....not an S-58.

Got the new GTP yet?

DGP a slight correction to Your comment about DZE. I''am not a pilot,I was the wrench twister.

Yeah, DZE graces my logbook, too. Too lazy to brush the cobwebs away to check, but it must have been in D-P paint at the time.

Downwash ----- if memory serves me correctly, DP got DZE by way of PHI...correct?

DGP ----- no new cars of any sort for me. Had a business partner that did to me only what 'gays' indulge in. There!....you can laugh about that too while you're at it.

Rodger on the camps too. I like 'duck under glass' for eating, but not 'pilot under canvass' for living and resting. I was recently offered a generator for a real good price, but memory prevented me from buying it....damn things.
7.gif
I recently saw on TV that Ontario Hydro may have to set up diesel generators to supplement the power requirement during the summer months. Apparently, these would be right in the various communities comprising Greater Toronto. My first thought was, "Geez, that's all I'd need to hear again, while I was trying to go to sleep at night". I'd have an irresistable urge to get up and go outside and 'pee' in the bushes by the garage or something....at 3AM in nothing but my underwear. Memories die hard.
9.gif

So you just sit down there in your 'fancy-assed' job, with the big paycheque and fancy machine. I suppose you come on here to see how the 'real pilots' are making out? Nothing has changed, so go ahead and gloat.
9.gif
9.gif
I suppose you got Stock Options too, eh?

Not sure, Cappy, but most of those earlier 204''s (before the Asian flood) seemed to come from Yank operators (PHI, Bristow, ERA, etc.). Nothing more on that ''northern'' ride?

Downwash: The orginal operator of Bell 204B helicopters was Autair Helicopters, Registration AHA & AHB. These machines were bought new from Bell, one crashed on the Polar Shelf contract and the registration was later applied to an FH 1100. Pierre Lotten was flying an S-55 on the same contract. The original ex French pilots that had flown in Algeria emigrated to Autair Helicopters and were excellent pilots.

Cap,I think you are right about DZE coming from PHI,I''ll give the Duck a call and fined out for sure.I believe Midwest sold the 205 they had at the time to buy DZE...go figure that one.The 205 they had was one of the first 205''s in Canada.It was running a -11 engine I think?The 204 would have outlifted the 205 at that time until Bell made the 205a-1.
Blackmac...you must know a buddy of mine...Ray Gilsdorf,I think he said he worked for Autair?

DGP; I don''t recall Ray G. being at Autair, I do recall him from Vikings days and believe he was one of the Valley boys from Sky Rotors along with Jack McCormick.

Blackmac ----- I remember AHB as being the very first and AHA being the second. Which one burned while being re-fuelled? AHA and I are very old friends and she's still a great a/c. Still smells like Harvey on the inside also, but I could never make the cyclic grip disappear with my hand like he could with his.
9.gif
Then again, I never could do a lot of things like Harvey.
9.gif
I'm getting you 'narrowed down' now. You're familar with the names Wayte, Masse, Pearson, Messier, May and 'Scottie' also, aren't you? You're almost too old to use a computer aren't you? Then again Linda, Harvey's secretary, must be a grandmother herself many times by now.

Downwash ---- seems to me I remember that she came north with no hook and the 'hell hole' covered over with skin. Next time I saw that was a 204B that Maple leaf Helicopters bought from Bell years later. The pilot that accepted the aircraft and flew her north didn't even catch that. They had a job to do right after, but couldn't......no hole and no hook. So much for the thorough 'D.I.' Many 'brewskis' were consumed after that discovery.
9.gif
9.gif
Oh ya and there are LOTS of 'spook' machines in the country, heh, heh.

DGP ---- that 205 may have been the original Midwest 205 that they bought about '67/'68. The very first originals had a 204 tailboom. She was one of the first 'in country'. Ed would also remember
her because his pilot was always Russ Lamn and he was always the engineer. You saw one, you always saw the other two.
9.gif

Back