Helicopter Sales

Cap: I could be wrong but I think your memorey is almost as bad as mine. I personaly do not remember either 204 having a fire while refuelling. I could be wrong.

The one 204 that was lost, was on
it''s way to Greenland and the final concencus was a problem with an antenna attached to rear vertical fin. The pilot who''s name I can''t remember at this time was a French pilot from France and was very charismatic.

I''ve had a lot of good buddies who are upstairs (where all helicopter drivers go) and some fixed wing from the military.

Jack Pearson is an old Navy buddy as was Don May. Fred Wayte and Jim Masse I hired when I was at Autair. Don May & Messier worked for Heli-Voyageur. Messier replaced me on a 204 on the Ivory Coast.
The only Linda''s I can think of is one I had as a secretary in St.Jean and the other is Linda who worked for Mel in Calgary and later became Mrs. Wayne Johnson. So if there is another Linda out there, please advise.

Cheers

Is it possible that Dom-Peg''s 205 XRU is the helicopter You are thinking about it was destroyed in a refueling accident in Sept 74 in Inuvik?

Kenting had a 205 that burned while refueling up in Wrigley in 74.She blew up with Gerry Waylin on the roof.Threw him about 30 feet away from the aircraft and he told me he landed on a bunch of empty 45''s.I think one of the Churcott brother''s was driving her.

Now that I think a little more about the old days it was a bad time for Dom-Peg,I think POA their other 205 rolled down an embankment in Sept Iles a few weeks before XRU''s BBQ.

P.S DGP any idea where ''Curly"" is these days.

Elvis ----the incident and aircraft I'm talking about would date about '66. Autair, of St. Jean, PQ was the first operator of 204's in Canada and had the first two that arrived 'in country'(AHB & AHA). The first 204's could be had with the -11 engine or the Gnome engine with the tail-pipe out the side, instead of straight back. Bulloch Helicopters and Associated Helicopters were close behind with theirs.

XRU burned down in Inuvik while 'hot' refuelling.

POA rolled down a hill alright. Problem commenced when the pilot landed on a large pad to retrieve a net, brought it back to idle, tightened down the friction and climbed out. She went 'bouncy-bouncy', one pedal worked itself forward and aircraft started 'walking'. Pilot looks up, runs to take control, aircraft keeps moving and 'oops' it fell off the pad and 'beat the shi* out of itself'.

*** The spread in time between the XRU and POA incidents was a lot farther apart than weeks or months......more like years.

CFAHA,I remember that ol girl.Was a passenger with Phil Hocking in James BAY on our way to pick up the crew at the end of the day.When aii of a sudden there was this loud bang and a rush of air.After our hearts slowed to normal we saw that the starboard window was gone from the sliding door.Slowed down and picked up the crew.

Elvis,I believe Curly can be found in Kirkland Lake Ontario.I worked with him(lately)97-99 at Custom.We both have left there.

Cap: Poa was rebuilt by Klondike and became? Not sure which one burnt up at Wrigley could of been rebuilt POA?
or BHP, 205 from bulluck?

Maddogg,BHP was the one that burned in WRigley...Jim Lewis had just brought it back to Calgary from Dryden.I think Terry C was driving her up to Innuvic when the mishap took place.
Blackie...Ray G has mentioned working with Fred W and Jim M many times.I"LL give him a call in WPG and have a chat. He called me up about 2 weeks ago keeping me up on whats new out west.

Back