Hell's Newest Doorman

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
I hope the next leader has the vision to negotiate a settlement with the Israeli's, and renounces violence.

Arafat served his people poorly, and enters gehenna with blood on his hands.

Well said. Arafat was offered satisfaction by the Israelis and he flatly turned them down. The man was a coward who feared peace. What would happen to his audience?

Last night I saw a Palestinian interviewed on TV with a gun in his hand, yelling that he "is angry because Arafat is dead".

Amazing.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Last night I saw a Palestinian interviewed on TV with a gun in his hand, yelling that he "is angry because Arafat is dead".

Amazing.
[post="199795"][/post]​

And how much do you want to bet that America will be blamed?

I hope that relations start a turn for the better. Arafat led his people only enough to keep himself in power (5% hopeful negotiation and 95% chaos). His refusal to work with the Israelis on the pullout in Gaza is a prime example. He didn’t want them to leave because it would increase the likelihood that it would lead to a challenge to his authority by a “non-hardlinerâ€￾, someone whom was willing to work with the Israelis and show that it could benefit his people as well. Hopefully someone in the PA has the levelheaded leadership needed for the times ahead.

I am afraid that because the PLO (and all it’s splinter groups) and the PA were under Arafat’s umbrella the region will break down into a bloody contest for power. Here’s hoping otherwise…

Arafat cause of Death seems to be shrouded in secrecy, the French have said he had contracted some form of blood Disorder causing his vital organs to shut down but They are not saying what it could be. There is much speculation on what this Illness could have been caused by and it has also been rumored he was a closet Homosexual. If this turns out to be true it would be ludicrious to blame anyone except his Bad habits!

One of the reasons the PLO, as well as much of the Arabian world, does not want peace with Israel is, then they would have no one to blame but themselves for the sorry condition their countries are in.

You'd think with all the petrodollars gushing into the region, they really would have a Mecca.

Unfortunately, the $$$ enables the ruling faction to buy off their citizens, rather than engage them.

Back