Help!

I would check out the Port O'Call near the airport for an aviaiton rate. Downtown I would go to the International Hotel on 4th Ave as it seems not too bad. I don't know what you regard as cheap however so can't give a complete opinion. Don't go to the Cecil, King Eddy or the Louis or any other hotels with South East in their name.

pm me if you want more detail

What are you up to in Cowtown Whirly? you're a bit early for Stampede week? :D I've stayed at the downtown Ramada, wasn't bad, and was relatively inexpensive for that area.....

I'm heading to Calgary in a week or two, so you can share my hotel room and we can split the cost. It will be safe because I'm married and married men are absolutely no threat to young pilot girls....

:)

Seriously though, besides the Port O' Call I like the Greenwood Inn and Hilton Garden Inn because they are close to the airport, but they are a bit pricey if you are trying to save some cash.

There is a Ramada close to the University that is relatively cheap and pretty safe. I think around 50 bucks a night. If you want to stick around the airport and go cheap...(although you said you want to be downtown) there is a Super 8 on Barlow Trail. I haven't stayed there myself but associates have and they said it was fine. Again about 50 bucks a night.

I'm guessing a cold shower is in order #####, ...

WG, I just did a search, and found a downtown Hostel for $19 per night, (shared accomodation dorm style) it may not be much, but I could drive by and take a peek on Wednesday, since I'm in town.

It's HI Downtown Calgary Hostel , located just on the East side of the downtown core near chinatown, not the worst area of the city, but one may not want to walk alone at night :blink: :shock:

WhirlyGirl:

Jeez you've got the worst timing girl! I have a houseful from NF North! (Fort MacMurray).

When you get in town' do let me know, I'll buy ya a warm one! (Beer) too freakin cold for a cold one!!

PM me and I'll give ya my number.

BR

And don't worry about me! At my age, I'd rather have a warm cup o tea! I have no interest in anything fast, requires effort or make me sweat! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmm... such positive responses, well your at it Whirly maybe you should post a message saying your looking for a place to find a good meal and a cold drink. See if you can't help some of our high-time friends here lighten their pockets of all that extra money they have lying around.

The Calgary Hostel is not one of the cleanest/nicest hostels (IMO, kind of a dive), but it is close to downtown and cheap. I think theres a maximum stay, like 21 days or something.

WhirlyGirl:

Jeez, don't matter that I'm so old I can't even remember going over the hill, Nothing Changes! No rinks, no lies telling me how "nice" I am, Just another young woman telling an old man what to do!! :lol: (Note: no teeth in this smilie!!)

I did exactly as you instructed, Ma'am!! :D

Check your's! :up: :up:

Hey folks.. Thankyou all for your suggestions :) ##### thanks for the offer but not going until mid January...

As I've said before one the best thing about aviation is the people... Y'all are simply the best. :up:

Latest posts