Here we go again...

PurduePete

Senior
Jun 15, 2006
http://www.wmur.com/news/11233498/detail.h...an&psp=news

Flight Makes Emergency Landing After Leaving Manchester Airport

POSTED: 3:37 pm EDT March 12, 2007
UPDATED: 6:44 pm EDT March 12, 2007

BOSTON -- A Northwest Airlines jet traveling from Manchester, New Hampshire, to Detroit made an emergency landing in Boston after the pilot shut down one engine.

Airport spokesman Phil Orlandella says the left engine was shut down after reports of a problem.

The Airbus 319 jet then landed at Logan Airport at 12:50 p-m and taxied to the gate after the engine was checked by firefighters.

The engine will be examined to determine what went wrong.

The 103 passengers onboard were told to rebook their flights.

at leat the unonzed mechanc neer allowed o many broken plane to fly at
ny gen tme nce aug of 2005 when they went on trke, the mechanc-le nwa ha been an unafe arlne and t hould be grounded due to lack of
mechanc

What is your point? Are you trying to raise attention to the fact that unionized mechanics are now working on the aircraft?
Just trying to point out that the scabs who are trying to maintain Northwest's fleet are still having problems, that's all. :)

If you are trying to slam unions in general (and AMFA in particular) with your comment, ask any of your strikebreaking friends that still work there if they desire union representation. I'll bet that you won't find many willing dues payers among the collection of suckups, backstabbers and slugs that NW scraped together.

True, AMFA is back on the property and is bound to represent the technicians at NWA; both the honorable mechanics who come back from recall, and the scabs. At first, I wanted AMFA to decertify at NW. But now, I am glad that they are back on the property for three reasons. They are able to properly represent any honorable technician that decides to come back. Also, I've heard that the scabs scurry away like cockroaches when an AMFA rep is around. Finally, the company must hate the fact that their plan to bust AMFA at NWA did not come to pass - even after spending around $100M and taking the maintenance operation from being the pride of the industry into the laughing stock in a matter of a few years.

Oh, by the way, here is a report of a second emergency landing (in as many days)...

http://wwj.com/pages/299682.php?contentTyp...ontentId=371382

Posted: Tuesday, 13 March 2007 4:45PM

Detroit-bound Northwest Flight Makes Emergency Landing

Freeland -- Probems with an air duct led to an emergency landing Tuesday morning by a Northwest Airlines plane headed for Metro Airport. Flight 1708 left MBS Airport near Saginaw about 8:15 a.m., but the DC-9 craft had a warning light come on just after take off. It returned to the airport--near Saginaw--without incident. None of the 77 passengers or 4 crew members were hurt. Northwest booked the stranded passengers on other flights throughout the day.

Sure looks like the scabs are back to their old ways!

..... "I am glad that they are back on the property for three reasons. They are able to properly represent any honorable technician that decides to come back. Also, I've heard that the scabs scurry away like cockroaches when an AMFA rep is around. Finally, the company must hate the fact that their plan to bust AMFA at NWA did not come to pass - even after spending around $100M and taking the maintenance operation from being the pride of the industry into the laughing stock in a matter of a few years."
Hey Pete, great slam/dunk! How true it is! :up:

Come on please...just because AMFA is back on the property, that does not make all the scabs that are still employed there unionized. I heard a rumor that the FAA has forced nwa to send all its scabs to aircraft maint refresher training....I hope they realize that some are un-trainable. The list of "incidences" continue....lets just hope that no blood has to be shed to prove that the maint at nwa is shoddy...but we all knew that anyway...

What is your point? Are you trying to raise attention to the fact that unionized mechanics are now working on the aircraft?

at leat the unonzed mechanc neer allowed o many broken plane to fly at
ny gen tme nce aug of 2005 when they went on trke, the mechanc-le nwa ha been an unafe arlne and t hould be grounded due to lack of
mechanc
Robbed... let me buy you a new keyboard.... :p Did you spew barf all over it when you saw PTO's post?

Robbed... let me buy you a new keyboard.... :p Did you spew barf all over it when you saw PTO's post?
sorry about the post but a few of the keys wouldnt work i like the wireless keyboard!!! i got sick of seeing the sick scab but no barf! :p

Back