Honoring Retirees

With the rising cost of Medical and Prescriptions I honestly don't know how some of the retirees make it. The rising costs would explain retirees having to continue to work to make ends meet.

As for the "flexible" time for travel I was not saying that retirees have time to burn. I was saying that, if they were not working, they would beable to have a more flexible schedule than a full time worker. :)

With the rising cost of Medical and Prescriptions I honestly don't know how some of the retirees make it. The rising costs would explain retirees having to continue to work to make ends meet.

I'm not sure myself. It isnt like our parents who retired, got a nice pension and lived out their days traveling etc.
We all get to work until we drop now. :)

As for the "flexible" time for travel I was not saying that retirees have time to burn. I was saying that, if they were not working, they would beable to have a more flexible schedule than a full time worker. :)
"IF THEY WERE NOT WORKING" is a very key phrase. Every retiree I know is working full time somewhere else. With medical costs so high and climbing, fuel and heat prices, etc etc etc. it just isnt feasible to sit back and be lords and ladies of leisure. :-( I was lucky enough to particiapate in the EO and sicne I hadnt called in sick for 20 some of my 33 years, my sick time was maxed out. They are going to pay me 10,000 before taxes for that. Guess Ill use the money and buy tickets if I know in advance of some trip. I'll show the same loyalty to the company they have shown us. It all comes down to cost. If US has a good fare, then I will use them. If not, oh well.

Latest posts

Back